Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SM1803

Yeah I have it. Used it passing Company myself.
    PM your email address.
    I'll sent it plus few other answers for perspective. Could do with few Constitutional sample answers.

Would you mind sending it to me too?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Sorry Guys, Would Any Body Be Ever So Kind And Possibly Forward Me Constitutional Sample Answers! I Would Really Appreciate It!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ninetythree

PM your email address.
    I'll sent it plus few other answers for perspective. Could do with few Constitutional sample answers.

I'd really appreciate a look at that as well, if you wouldn't mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nmwcc

RyanMcG123 wrote: »
    Probably a really random question but is it absolutely necessary to underline case names in the exam? I know some people say you should but I hate doing it and was wondering could I get away with not doing it?

I would say be careful with property, the examiner has said it a good few times in the reports that she has asked students to underline and highlight cases in previous reports and they have failed to do so! just a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

nmwcc wrote: »
    RyanMcG123 wrote: »
    Probably a really random question but is it absolutely necessary to underline case names in the exam? I know some people say you should but I hate doing it and was wondering could I get away with not doing it?

I would say be careful with property, the examiner has said it a good few times in the reports that she has asked students to underline and highlight cases in previous reports and they have failed to do so! just a heads up

I didn't for her property exam. I had her in UCC too, and didn't. Dont stress over it so that it breaks your rhythm. Maybe afterwards.

• Advertisement

SM1803 wrote: »
    PM your email address.

Would you mind sending it to me too?

Sure I suppose so :o)
    PM me email address.
    The Law of Boards.ie dictates you send something random back lol (I'm doing Constitutional + Contract) but it's not mandatory !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LegalFianna

Has anybody got any notes on the EU case note question? Either predicted cases or case notes themselves? Can repay with material in pretty much everything. Thank you ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shellbm

I didn't for her property exam. I had her in UCC too, and didn't. Dont stress over it so that it breaks your rhythm. Maybe afterwards.

Where it has been explicitly asked for in the examiner reports more than once, for such a small task I would not ignore it. Clearly makes her job a lot easier. Takes no more than two minutes to go through paper and highlight cases.

shellbm wrote: »

Where it has been explicitly asked for in the examiner reports more than once, for such a small task I would not ignore it. Clearly makes her job a lot easier. Takes no more than two minutes to go through paper and highlight cases.

She can't assume every candidate has read her reports. That would imply a burden on people in order to pass her exam. I had Dr.Parkes for Property and also Family Law in UCC, and she's very fair.
    Though, you are right in what you say, I merely meant don't stress over it and do it IF you have the chance afterwards on your re-read

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭amkeane81

Does anyone know likely cases to come up in constitutional? Possibly related to the ucd lecture? Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Just use a highlighter, only takes a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pamela0506

Hi does anybody have an up to date exam grid for equity that they wouldn't mind sending to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

Pamela0506 wrote: »
    Hi does anybody have an up to date exam grid for equity that they wouldn't mind sending to me?

PM me your email address and I'll send it to ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

PM your email address.

Sent you a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LegalFianna

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    I have a list of bankers. You could answer at least 3 on every paper back 7 or 8 years with it if I remember rightly. Hitting the sack now but will PM in the morning!

Hi, any chance I could get these off you please? ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Helpmeplz101

Hi, would anybody have the cases mentioned in the Constituional Review lecture for 2017 in UCD? Even better if somebody had brief notes on this lecture or the cases mentioned. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Anastaciag94

Hi, would anybody have the cases mentioned in the Constituional Review lecture for 2017 in UCD? Even better if somebody had brief notes on this lecture or the cases mentioned. Thanks in advance

I’d really appreciate this as well, can swap materials for them! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mockman

Grateful if anyone could send me any sample company answers or anything they have on company. I have answers notes and flash cards for a good few of the subjects. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Is it necessary to go into the old common law director duties now that the 2014 Act has them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

NBN notes are out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 j.furriskey

Does anybody have a conclusive answer as to if we can tab legislative sources?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anybody have a conclusive answer as to if we can tab legislative sources?

Yes, just no writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Could anyone supply me with past papers for Company & Constitutional? I have pretty good succinct Zip folders on Tort, Criminal, Property and Equity for exchange !

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

If anyone has constitutional papers from the last 4/5 years I would be eternally grateful.If there was sample answers to go with them I will throw in a few decades of the Rosary for you.

Hey,

Equity question. Would anyone be able to briefly summarize what exactly "the balance of convenience" is regarding injunctions?

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pass22

Hi, please does anyone have sample answers for Tort ? Pls help!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Hey,

Equity question. Would anyone be able to briefly summarize what exactly "the balance of convenience" is regarding injunctions?

Thanks!!

Let's just so we have a 'passing off' case in tort. So I'm the producer of a popular type of product, let's say a certain type of soft drink. You are also a producer of soft drinks. I sue, claiming that your product is designed to look like my product and that you are 'piggybacking' on the popularity of it (that's an extremely crude example of passing off but it will suffice for our purposes).

I want to get you to stop producing that product until the action is decided, so I apply for an injunction to get the Court to order you to stop.

The Court will consider, amongst other things, who would be most effected by the injunction, i.e. who would suffer the most if the injunction is granted/not granted?

Will my business suffer more if the injunction is not granted? Or will your business suffer more if it is granted?

It's quite sensible really.

Let's just say your soft drinks company is much smaller than mine. If I'm granted the injunction and you're forced to stop producing your product for a year or however long it takes for the case to come to trial and be decided, well then that drop in production might put you out of business. And imagine if I lost my case! The Court will have decided that you done nothing wrong and yet your business has come to an end. That would be very unfair.

On the other hand, my business is very large. If I'm not granted an injunction I can still absorb any losses due to your behaviour. If I win or lose it won't have a huge impact on me.

That's a very night and day example, but hopefully you get the point.

So for 'balance of convenience' remember inconvenience - who would suffer the greatest inconvenience if the injunction was granted/not granted.

Paleblood wrote: »
    Let's just so we have a 'passing off' case in tort. So I'm the producer of a popular type of product, let's say a certain type of soft drink. You are also a producer of soft drinks. I sue, claiming that your product is designed to look like my product and that you are 'piggybacking' on the popularity of it (that's an extremely crude example of passing off but it will suffice for our purposes).

I want to get you to stop producing that product until the action is decided, so I apply for an injunction to get the Court to order you to stop.

The Court will consider, amongst other things, who would be most effected by the injunction, i.e. who would suffer the most if the injunction is granted/not granted?

Will my business suffer more if the injunction is not granted? Or will your business suffer more if it is granted?

It's quite sensible really.

Let's just say your soft drinks company is much smaller than mine. If I'm granted the injunction and you're forced to stop producing your product for a year or however long it takes for the case to come to trial and be decided, well then that drop in production might put you out of business. And imagine if I lost my case! The Court will have decided that you done nothing wrong and yet your business has come to an end. That would be very unfair.

On the other hand, my business is very large. If I'm not granted an injunction I can still absorb any losses due to your behaviour. If I win or lose it won't have a huge impact on me.

That's a very night and day example, but hopefully you get the point.

So for 'balance of convenience' remember inconvenience - who would suffer the greatest inconvenience if the injunction was granted/not granted.

Thanks a million. So in essence it assesses both parties ability to deal with the possible consequences of the injunction being granted or withheld? And then bases its decision upon this?

So, as the purpose of interlocutary injunction is often to preserve the "status quo" does this mean the courts will be more likely to grant the injunction if the convenience/inconvenience is balanced between the two parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Officegirl101

Hey does anyone have an up to date tort grid they could send me please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Dr Ice

Abbreviation

Hey,

Just a quick question. Is it ok to abbreviate in exams, plaintiff (p), defendant (d), and even to go a bit further duty of care (DOC), standard of care (SOC). Obviously one would illustrate what the abbreviation stands for the first time it is used, this is the norm in academic texts. I'm coming from another discipline here so I'm unsure.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement