Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

God, I miss EU Law!

Wanna do my exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

bluntspoon wrote: »
    No problem :)

The rule now reflects the judgment in Foster and is formalised in Directive 2004/38 (I've forgotten which article) - member states can limit student supports to persons with a right to permanent residence in the host state (i.e. who have resided in the host state for 5yrs).

So if an Irish guy goes to France to study, they can refuse him support even if he has been a resident there for 5 years?

But do you not have a right to permanent residency after 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

God, I miss EU Law!

Are you mad?? It's the devil!

So if an Irish guy goes to France to study, they can refuse him support even if he has been a resident there for 5 years?

But do you not have a right to permanent residency after 5 years?

No, they can refuse him UNLESS he has been resident for five years. After five years he is entitled to permanent residency and this gives him an entitlement to access student supports.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

God, I miss EU Law!

Haha it's my first time sitting and I hope to never have to open an EU book again
    You can do mine too

• Advertisement

EU:

In relation to pay, as a state pension does not fall under A157 does this mean that they can have different ages for when men and women are entitled to get their pension?

If Ireland don’t collect the apple tax, will the commission be able to iniatativr infringement proceedings under 258?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FOHSMH254

EU:

In relation to pay, as a state pension does not fall under A157 does this mean that they can have different ages for when men and women are entitled to get their pension?

Yep, there's a social security directive that allows this

EU:

I think if it depends on other factors such as lenght of service yeas
    There was a case where a foreigner wanted to be a Garda and could be refused if it was for public law matters

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nmwcc

Guys what are the essential cases to know on Article 36 TFEU?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 FOHSMH254

nmwcc wrote: »
    Guys what are the essential cases to know on Article 36 TFEU?

I haven't got many

Henn & Darby; Conegate - Public Morality
    Campus Oil - Public Security
    San Jose Scale; DocMorris - Public Health

In relation to the Risk Equalisation Scheme does this not stand anymore? (BUPA case)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kirakirakira1

What topics have the least case law, and you could scrape an answer together knowing the principle and basically just from statute?

Does this exist or is this optimist dreaming?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm screwed for tomorrow. I have barely anything studied yet I have no motivation to get down to it either, even at this late stage! I'm not expecting much out of tomorrow

I'm screwed for tomorrow. I have barely anything studied yet I have no motivation to get down to it either, even at this late stage! I'm not expecting much out of tomorrow

Ugh me too.
    I’ve left out competition Law and leaving out fmg now plus small others.
    Just give me a nice paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NewNewBird

Does anyone have the Contract paper from October 2016?
    I have papers from March if anyone would like to do a swap!

I have a hard copy of it if it's any help? If you want to pm your email I can forward images of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LegalFianna

Late in the day I know, but does anyone have Private International Law notes they would be willing to share pleeeeeeeeeeease!

Can give materials on all subjects back. :)

Does anybody know what the definition for an undertaking is pursuant to Transparency Directive case?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

Late in the day I know, but does anyone have Private International Law notes they would be willing to share pleeeeeeeeeeease!

Can give materials on all subjects back. :)

Pm me your email, I can email you my slides. Lecturer said not to worry too much about that topic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Hey guys,

Equity Question. Do the rules in Re Stead regarding secret trusts apply in Ireland?

• Advertisement

What a beauty of an EU paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Was that paper as simple as it seemed or did I miss a load of issues?!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

How did people approach question 8 about Hugo
    Was he a worker and then used foster and bidar 're student Grant

Was that paper as simple as it seemed or did I miss a load of issues?!

I know, right? I feel a bit suspicious too. It was the nicest paper I've ever seen. Maybe the removal of internal choice has caused the examiner to make the questions a little gentler. Hopefully it won't be marked really strictly as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

bluntspoon wrote: »
    I know, right? I feel a bit suspicious too. It was the nicest paper I've ever seen. Maybe the removal of internal choice has caused the examiner to make the questions a little gentler. Hopefully it won't be marked really strictly as a result!

Not sure if this bodes well for those of us sitting EU in March or not ha.

The March 2017 Company paper was a nice one too. . . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nmwcc

Guys sorry can I ask - for question 5, it was quite unclear to me as to how to answer. I know it said "or" but it was not in the usual OR where there is choice. How did people approach? I did two pages on each one as I was so so confused... If its do both I am fine, otherwise - not so much! I have heard of a lot of difference responses.. - the direct effect question...don't know exact number

Not sure if this bodes well for those of us sitting EU in March or not ha.

The March 2017 Company paper was a nice one too. . . . . . .

Oh god don't say the C word. I think I have PTSD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Equity Question. Do the rules in Re Stead regarding secret trusts apply in Ireland?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mayo91

Can anyone give me a few areas that to look at for Property.

or could they send me on a the property grid please?

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Mayo91 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a few areas that to look at for Property.

or could they send me on a the property grid please?

Many thanks

Gotta do succession, thats a must. Finding did not come up in March. Adverse Possession, Coownership, Family property and easements

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement