Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SM1803

nmwcc wrote: »
    Guys sorry can I ask - for question 5, it was quite unclear to me as to how to answer. I know it said "or" but it was not in the usual OR where there is choice. How did people approach? I did two pages on each one as I was so so confused... If its do both I am fine, otherwise - not so much! I have heard of a lot of difference responses.. - the direct effect question...don't know exact number

What question are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nmwcc

SM1803 wrote: »
    What question are you talking about?

Sorry I am being so unclear haha. Advise Brian on the directive which damaged his hearing... it was advise brian as to (i) Cool Concerts or (ii) State.

But it just didn't seem like an obvious choice?? Were we required to do one or the other? I couldn't figure it out because I was in pretty much hysteria mode so I did both...

Okay the more I think about it, its probably so obvious that it was a choice haha. He really should make it more clear tho. Especially seeing as there was to be no more internal choice as it "caused confusion". I would have appreciated <b> OR<b>

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

Okay the more I think about it, its probably so obvious that it was a choice haha. He really should make it more clear tho. Especially seeing as there was to be no more internal choice as it "caused confusion". I would have appreciated <b> OR<b>

It wasn't a choice. You had to answer on both the employer and state liability. The exact same question came up in October 2016.

bluntspoon wrote: »
    It wasn't a choice. You had to answer on both the employer and state liability. The exact same question came up in October 2016.

Oh! okay thats good news, thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Mayo91 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a few areas that to look at for Property.

or could they send me on a the property grid please?

Many thanks

As far as I remember, Succession is always two questions for the exam. So if you cover it you're basically guaranteed to have a good bit to write for two out of the 8. Check a grid though if you get one but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

For criminal, do you have to memorise the penalties for different crimes? I know the obvious ones like homicide and sex offences but lesser known crimes say syringe offences etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Are internal choice questions not allowed in any subject now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Can anybody calm my head! I’m on overdrive. When I seem to get my third question done my last two end up half attempted answers and just not as good as my first three. Has anybody passed constitutional or Eu on this basis. Two rushed answers and not covering all the topics so effectively 2 half attempted answers. I promise I’ll leave you alone after this. I’m sitting here and completely exhausted literally trying to grade my paper.

Has anybody any direction from their sittings? Thanks so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SM1803

could anyone send me an up to date criminal grid please? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

MeganC1554 wrote: »
    Can anybody calm my head! I’m on overdrive. When I seem to get my third question done my last two end up half attempted answers and just not as good as my first three. Has anybody passed constitutional or Eu on this basis. Two rushed answers and not covering all the topics so effectively 2 half attempted answers. I promise I’ll leave you alone after this. I’m sitting here and completely exhausted literally trying to grade my paper.

I haven't sat any yet but a colleague in work said she scraped over the line in a number of her exams by doing pretty much what you done.

So you done two half-answers and three full-answers. Well let's just say you bagged 5 marks each for the two half attempts. Then you'd need 40 marks from the next 3 questions, which would be just over 13 marks per question. Of course it's possible. Those first three answers would need to be very good, but then again you might have done better than you think with what you put down in the half answers.

The bottom line - who knows!? Stop worrying about (for now ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tiddy_boo

Hey guys, does anyone have any recent criminal papers and/or predictions please? I can oblige with company and equity papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

tiddy_boo wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone have any recent criminal papers and/or predictions please? I can oblige with company and equity papers.

I'd say know sexual offences inside out.
    Know a bit about each defence.
    Manslaughter is a definite most years.
    Assault
    Theft/burglary
    Criminal procedure
    The courts especially the court of appeal and SCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 icsheep

Any latest cases to look out for Property? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iana2017

Guys any predictions for Equity? or can someone gave me an up to date grid? Thanks

MeganC1554 wrote: »

I have 4 passed. Came out of property and cried, literally did 3 questions and two joke attempts passed with about 12%. Constitutional I did 4 good questions and one page for 5th and passed with about 15% to spare and the same for criminal. Do not worry, you are looking for perfection right now because its right in front of you...Just make sure you keep a watch on your desk and do not go beyond the 35 for each and you are laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

My internet is acting the absolute candyman.....does anyone know a good late opening library in the kind of Dublin 2 area? There is one at the office but I can think of no other place I want to see less right now . . . . . . . .aside from the red cow

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

I have 4 passed. Came out of property and cried, literally did 3 questions and two joke attempts passed with about 12%. Constitutional I did 4 good questions and one page for 5th and passed with about 15% to spare and the same for criminal. Do not worry, you are looking for perfection right now because its right in front of you...Just make sure you keep a watch on your desk and do not go beyond the 35 for each and you are laughing.

I agree these are the type of exams that you just never know wherever u passed or not it did.
    When I did my first I studied 6 mths like mad I walked out of equity thinking I'll get a good high mark not just a pass. I failed with 3 points what I thought was the best paper ever. And passed all the other ones that were harder. I didn't sleep for two months trying to work out what I did wrong. On recheck I got exactly same mark.
    All they do is drive one mad on top of how draining they are ...these gave me stomach ulcer skin issues panick attacks all new to me.
    What's done is done nothing you can do now.
    Move on to next one.
    Our lecturer said the moment is done put the book away. That's it
    Don't let them get at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

A lot of people complaining rechecked marks staying the exact same.
    I find it difficult to see two independent markets award the EXACT same mark. Surely subjectivity plays some part in correcting. Or, does marker 2 merely 'uphold' the mark.
    I love the transparency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Okay, for Equity I've covered.

1. Charitable trusts (incl. cy pres and purpose trusts).
    2. Secret trusts.
    3. Constructive trusts (New Model, strangers, fiduciaries).
    4. Resulting trusts.
    5. Injunctions.
    6. Specific performance.
    7. Rectification.
    8. Rescission/undue influence.

Is that enough of should I tackle some of what's left?

(Trustees, Tracing, Strong v Bird, the Three C's, DMC and Constitution of Trusts).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

SM1803 wrote: »
    could anyone send me an up to date criminal grid please? :)

Pm if you’re still looking and mayo91!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

My internet is acting the absolute candyman.....does anyone know a good late opening library in the kind of Dublin 2 area? There is one at the office but I can think of no other place I want to see less right now . . . . . . . .aside from the red cow

Trinity 24 hour would be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Has anyone any advice on how to approach Consumer Law in Contract ?

Paleblood wrote: »
    Okay, for Equity I've covered.

1. Charitable trusts (incl. cy pres and purpose trusts).
    2. Secret trusts.
    3. Constructive trusts (New Model, strangers, fiduciaries).
    4. Resulting trusts.
    5. Injunctions.
    6. Specific performance.
    7. Rectification.
    8. Rescission/undue influence.

Is that enough of should I tackle some of what's left?

(Trustees, Tracing, Strong v Bird, the Three C's, DMC and Constitution of Trusts).

I would look at Trusteeship, the Three Cs, and Tracing. Also Estoppel.
    Purpose Trusts essay last time so.....
    Also RT was the PQ.
    Trusts are immense so a bit of luck and educated guessing may cut down the workload.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanMcG123

In land regarding questions relating to finding items above and below land, if the item is found above the land but the finder is a trespasser, is it the occupier (for example the person with the 99 year lease) or the owner of the freehold estate that is next entitled?

Has anyone seen the Inbetweeners episide when the exams are on. I'm beginning to question if certain words even exist, such is my level of disorientation. I shall avoid the energy drinks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

RyanMcG123 wrote: »
    In land regarding questions relating to finding items above and below land, if the item is found above the land but the finder is a trespasser, is it the occupier (for example the person with the 99 year lease) or the owner of the freehold estate that is next entitled?

The person who finds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanMcG123

The person who finds.

but if the finder is a trespasser is it the owner of the freehold that's next entitled or the person holding the lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smugairleroin

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows the deadline for dropping in legislative sources the day before an exam? Is it 1:00pm? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows the deadline for dropping in legislative sources the day before an exam? Is it 1:00pm? Thanks!

I am open to correction but 9am on the morning will be ok

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement