Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

annmc882 wrote: »
    I'm up to my eyes so won't get to criminal till tomorrow. dreading it as it's so wide to cover but better known bit about all then alot about half the course.

For anyone doing criminal is an easy exam it's not big
    It's only fright but as someone said be careful as you will get a lot of topics in one question.
    Bail etc the last chapter is not important just have an idea of it that's all
    And one of the courts always comes up
    The have most important offences and defences
    That's it.

Only thing you can bring in is Succession Act

You may ring this number first thing Monday morning and try begging to sort you out with one by the evening. They don't sell them over counter and they are a very unhelpful bunch.

Usually they are sent out by ordering online or over phone within a few days as they are stored in a warehouse. You will really have to beg them and I wouldn't be optimistic.

Office of the Minister of State
    52 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 2.................... (01) 647 6000

You can bring the law reform act also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Lumi77 wrote: »
    I'm up to my eyes so won't get to criminal till tomorrow. dreading it as it's so wide to cover but better known bit about all then alot about half the course.

For anyone doing criminal is an easy exam it's not big
    It's only fright but as someone said be careful as you will get a lot of topics in one question.
    Bail etc the last chapter is not important just have an idea of it that's all
    And one of the courts always comes up
    The have most important offences and defences
    That's it.
    Thinking it was an easy exam and leaving revising off to focus on harder stuff might come back to bite me. hopefully with a general gist of most of the course it's enough... doubt a day is enough to revise tho. :(

Thinking it was an easy exam and leaving revising off to focus on harder stuff might come back to bite me. hopefully with a general gist of most of the course it's enough... doubt a day is enough to revise tho. :(

There is quite a bit of case law and you have to know the legislation but it's easier to study and you d be surprised what the brain can do.
    Fingers crossed
    Good luck

Lumi77 wrote: »
    There is quite a bit of case law and you have to know the legislation but it's easier to study and you d be surprised what the brain can do.
    Fingers crossed
    Good luck

A day is a long time I suppose and it is revision too... Thanks. Hopefully its a nice paper. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Criminal - is the new sexual offences act 2017 examinable this sitting thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nmwcc

Does anyone know the decision of Tola Capital Management v Joeseph Linders 2014 in relation to mandatory interloc injunctions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

nmwcc wrote: »
    Does anyone know the decision of Tola Capital Management v Joeseph Linders 2014 in relation to mandatory interloc injunctions??

My manual just says that Cregan J continued the Maha Lingham line of authority that favours the 'strong case test', but he also added that the Court should adopt "whatever course would carry the lowest risk of injustice". So it's not an either/or situation - both tests are available to the Court albeit it's leaning more toward 'strong case'.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

The grid I am using for Equity seems to suggest that Anton Pillar injunctions have never come up . . . . is this the case or this grid way off the mark?

The grid I am using for Equity seems to suggest that Anton Pillar injunctions have never come up . . . . is this the case or this grid way off the mark?

My grid says April 2009, but nothing since then.

• Advertisement

yournerd wrote: »
    CAme up in march 2017 I think but nothing before thatn

It was Mareva in March 2017.

I'm not expecting Anton Piller to come up but I've still revised it. It's small and very straight forward. I've put a lot of work into the rest of the injunctions chapter and I'd hate for the whole thing to go to waste just because of 2 or 3 pages of Anton Piller.

You can't protect yourself against a curveball but you can still use some common sense and protect yourself against the cheap shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

And Quia Timet last October. Either it's overdue or the Examiner doesn't give a s***

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

Criminal - is the new sexual offences act 2017 examinable this sitting thanks
    It won't come up as a question to discuss it (I hope he won't do that anyways). But mention it if sexual offences that are relevant come up. I could see something with an individual under 15/ or a "protected" person for a problem question (as the victim of the crime)
    The more recent the better for criminal in terms of examples and points of reference the better you will do.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I know we're allowed underline, highlight and tab legislation. But does 'tabbing' refer to just using colour coded tabbing or can we actually write on the tabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Paleblood wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I know we're allowed underline, highlight and tab legislation. But does 'tabbing' refer to just using colour coded tabbing or can we actually write on the tabs?

As far as I am aware, no writing is allowed (though in the most non-FE1 fashion I am actually not sure what the authority is for that(!)) so for me it usually comes down to colour coding the tabs by topic and a healthy dose of underlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nmwcc

Are Bayers examinable at all???

As far as I am aware, no writing is allowed (though in the most non-FE1 fashion I am actually not sure what the authority is for that(!)) so for me it usually comes down to colour coding the tabs by topic and a healthy dose of underlining.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MO94

I wrote the section numbers on my tabs for company and they cut off the bit with writing. I was chancing my arm anyway but it’s good to know!

My lecturer skipped straight passed it. He didn't even mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Hey,

Just wondering what kind of questions are asked regarding the ownership topic in property?

Only have two past papers, So not much to go off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering what kind of questions are asked regarding the ownership topic in property?

Only have two past papers, So not much to go off

Basically all the same, walking through a field with dog etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8 goconquer

Any chance I could get a copy of your grid, I've been playing in the dark for all my revision!?

Would anyone be kind enough to send on an exam grid for criminal, mine is out of date :(

Can send on notes, sample ans, etc in return.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

I have a quick question in relation to estoppel for contract exam. I know it was mentioned a few times that promissory is examined in contract and proprietary in equity. I have a sample answer in front of me for contract that does mention proprietary estoppel and 4 cases on it in detail and then goes on to promissory estoppel. So we do need to know both for contract?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone looking for the Criminal Grid, just PM me your email address and I'll forward it on!

illy.m wrote: »
    I have a quick question in relation to estoppel for contract exam. I know it was mentioned a few times that promissory is examined in contract and proprietary in equity. I have a sample answer in front of me for contract that does mention proprietary estoppel and 4 cases on it in detail and then goes on to promissory estoppel. So we do need to know both for contract?

Techincally yes, in reality no.

Came up once in years so if ur not doing equity just know what it is - basic principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

They tend to be an arm of other injunctions and rarely if ever applied on their own.
    I can't see how a question would revolve around one on it's own. It interferes with your rights like Mareva and AP, so just know its remit is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

You're definitely not allowed to write anything on the tabs, even the section numbers. I saw a girl with no scissors trying to tear through those plastic tabs that she had sellotaped to the paper about 5 minutes before a company law exam once because the woman at the desk wouldn't take the book with any writing on!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement