Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

icsheep wrote: »
    Did pretty well in Contract (last sitting) purely by understanding the very core concepts of every major topic. Questions are a bit mixed so that means, lesser amount of case law required (or that's what I did). Point out ALL relevant areas of law and try and substantiate by law where you can. I feel PBQs are a good way to go in contract because half of the question is done by just identifying the issues.

It's crazy how much knowledge you can display by using the Acts for consumer law questions.

Don't know anything about Equity :P Which sucks because I'd be sitting it too! :(

Does pretty well mean you actually passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 icsheep

Paleblood wrote: »
    Does pretty well mean you actually passed?

Got 60+ if that helps lol

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Property

Anyone have a sample answer for the legislative protection afforded to spouses in relation to the family property in Ireland please?

Only have a sample answer that's 13 pages long so absolutely impossible to get down in the exam.

Just want something to be able to know how to lay out the answer etc!

icsheep wrote: »
    Got 60+ if that helps lol

Absolutely! I'm doing whatever I can to give myself a shot of confidence ahead of Wednesday. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

How was todays exam for people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ED12345678

Anyone have an equity exam grid they could send me please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

I'm actually reaching a point where my brain is straight-up refusing to process the word 'exceptions'.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

yournerd wrote: »
    How was todays exam for people?

Found the questions alright but I had a total brain block and couldn't remember any of the necessary Acts or cases. Have a bad feeling that I'm going to get in the 40s and this is my third time sitting the damn subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

What are people covering for property?

Found the questions alright but I had a total brain block and couldn't remember any of the necessary Acts or cases. Have a bad feeling that I'm going to get in the 40s and this is my third time sitting the damn subject!

Was this the Criminal exam?

If so, I was exactly the same when I sat it. Topics were easy to identify but I had a huge mental block and forgot lots of cases and statute and just ended up winging it. It was also probably the most chaotic piece of writing I've ever produced and was probably painful to read. But I passed -- so don't beat your self up too much.

• Advertisement

MeganC1554 wrote: »

Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Family Property
    Finding
    Registered Land
    Easements
    Co-ownership

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Paleblood wrote: »

Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Family Property
    Finding
    Registered Land
    Easements
    Co-ownership

Cheers Paleblood, I’m covering same.

How nice would a finding question be! :)

Cheers Paleblood, I’m covering same.

How nice would a finding question be! :)

Finding, adverse and registration and I'm home and dry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Was this the Criminal exam?

If so, I was exactly the same when I sat it. Topics were easy to identify but I had a huge mental block and forgot lots of cases and statute and just ended up winging it. It was also probably the most chaotic piece of writing I've ever produced and was probably painful to read. But I passed -- so don't beat your self up too much.

That makes me feel a bit better! My exams this sitting have all felt like they're just on the line between a pass and fail all I'm really not sure how I feel!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

I'm having serious study block at the minute. Had criminal today and got my 5 questions so I think i probably did enough to pass. But I have property tomorrow and I cannot seem to bring myself to learn anything. Not sure if I should just give up and get up super early to go over bits last minute! I am so glad tomorrow is my last exam because I actually don't think I could handle doing more.

Edit: just realised that I either threw my law soc letter out after criminal law today or possibly left it in the exam room - I imagine it'll be grand if I just mention it to whoever is supervising but does anyone know if they're strict about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 monroe89

I'm having serious study block at the minute. Had criminal today and got my 5 questions so I think i probably did enough to pass. But I have property tomorrow and I cannot seem to bring myself to learn anything. Not sure if I should just give up and get up super early to go over bits last minute! I am so glad tomorrow is my last exam because I actually don't think I could handle doing more.

Edit: just realised that I either threw my law soc letter out after criminal law today or possibly left it in the exam room - I imagine it'll be grand if I just mention it to whoever is supervising but does anyone know if they're strict about this?

I'm sure you'll be fine, I saw someone the other morning who had lost theirs and once they knew their number and where they should be it seemed grand, just say it to whoever is manning the decks in your hall in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 legallywrecked

Bit of an odd question during exam time but could anyone advise what may be a good combination of 4 to sit in March? For various reasons my attempts at these exams have never properly taken off so I'm looking to start fresh and do one of the revision courses but I'm not sure which subjects may be best to do together for the first four.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and the very best of luck to you all this sitting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

depends what subjects u like and are good at.

the magic combo seems to be

criminal
    property
    equity

and I'd say a 4th then Is contract.

if ur interested in setting up study group let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tiddy_boo

Bit of an odd question during exam time but could anyone advise what may be a good combination of 4 to sit in March? For various reasons my attempts at these exams have never properly taken off so I'm looking to start fresh and do one of the revision courses but I'm not sure which subjects may be best to do together for the first four.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and the very best of luck to you all this sitting :)

I agree with annmc82, I would just replace Equity with Company but that's just personal preference because I find Equity killer!

Also dependent on how these exams go, I would be interested in a study group too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

If you're planning to do four and four, it would be a wise idea to split up Constitutional and EU. They are both very large courses. And look at the timetable to make sure you're spacing the exams out as much as possible - two in a row is never fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 monroe89

I'd agree you should try and split up EU and Constitutional if possible, I did EU last sitting and Constitutional this sitting and they're both quite large, sitting them together would be a lot.
    Property, Contract and Criminal/Equity as your third would probably be the best ones to start off with as well as the folks above mentioned.

It's such a pity the timetables are always subject to change. Had a lovely one last sitting all spaced out and then three in a row last week for this sitting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tiddy_boo

bluntspoon wrote: »
    If you're planning to do four and four, it would be a wise idea to split up Constitutional and EU. They are both very large courses. And look at the timetable to make sure you're spacing the exams out as much as possible - two in a row is never fun.

Good point about the two in a row, its really not ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

Hey with these exams are you allowed to bring in tippex or the tippex tape?

Hey with these exams are you allowed to bring in tippex or the tippex tape?

I was told being clear and neat in your writing is a must in these exams. Never write on the back of the page and write all question numbers etc clearly so on that basis I wouldn't really recommend using tippex.

annmc882 wrote: »
    depends what subjects u like and are good at.

the magic combo seems to be

criminal
    property
    equity

and I'd say a 4th then Is contract.

if ur interested in setting up study group let me know.

I would say do Property, Equity, Company and EU in one
    and the others in the next. But then again maybe wait till the timetable comes out and be able to have a day in between as the exhaustion really does accumulate in these exams.

Ugghhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Good luck to everyone sitting Property today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Well, you have 5 months so you could do a lot of the donkey work before Xmas.
    If you have done law degree a lot will return to you , though as a blank canvas I'm sure 5 months will be a plus.
    I would say 2 easy and 2 difficult. That's subjective but 'maybe' Criminal / Property coupled with Constitution/ Company.

Don't procrastinate starting. If you're on top of things you may need less help via a revision course. I believe they're a pretty penny. You could self study the easier two.

You need to think carefully also about the fact that you need to pass at least 3 on your first sitting or you're right back to square one. On that basis, I would go with Property, Criminal and then either Equity/Contract. Depending then on the timetable, I would do either EU or Constitutional as a fourth. The key is trying to avoid a scenario of 3-in-a-row, which I can assure you is absolute punishment for the mind and soul. 2-in-a-row isn't pretty either but it can be hard to avoid.

Some people sat Company, Constitutional & EU in consecutive days this sitting and all I can say is, they have my undying admiration for surviving that week with their sanity [presumably] intact.

• Advertisement

Is there any updates in case law in Equity ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement