Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

No idea what your gender is but genuinely I would have sat aside all sense of sexual orientation regardless and planted a huge kiss on you when I saw Anton Piller coming up.

Now to get messed up.

Yea a while question AP, what a gift !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

No idea what your gender is but genuinely I would have sat aside all sense of sexual orientation regardless and planted a huge kiss on you when I saw Anton Piller coming up.

Now to get messed up.

Haha yoh owe me a drink :))

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Just wondering who else made a mess of question 3...so annoyed
    And how did people approach question 8?
    I am very worried as equity is the only exam I had to repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SM1803

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Just wondering who else made a mess of question 3...so annoyed
    And how did people approach question 8?
    I am very worried as equity is the only exam I had to repeat

how did you make a mess of it..

SM1803 wrote: »

I got confused on the last part the associations and although I thought of the contract holding theory and Leahy case I then decided to cross it out....lack of sleep panick attacks and being my 5th exam got to me
    Did the most part of it well the intention
    Mere power
    Discretionary trust but that last part the gift to the historical society was a mess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

SM1803 wrote: »

I got confused on the last part the associations and although I thought of the contract holding theory and Leahy case I then decided to cross it out....lack of sleep panick attacks and being my 5th exam got to me
    Did the most part of it well the intention
    Mere power
    Discretionary trust but that last part the gift to the historical society was a mess

Question 8 was Mandatory Injunctions.
    The Campus Oil test as amended by Lingham and all that jazz.
    Q3..... that Express Trusts one? First trust went to Husband wholly, Second to the intended recipients based on case law imho though the Administrator was a nephew and has discretion to take the full £250k, the third was uncertain for subject matter and Results back. My answer could be wrong!!?

Q3..... that Express Trusts one? First trust went to Husband wholly, Second to the intended recipients based on case law imho though the Administrator was a nephew and has discretion to take the full £250k, the third was uncertain for subject matter and Results back. My answer could be wrong!!?

I have a sample answer done by our lecturer on the exact question 3 that came up before that's how I know on the last part of it I made a bit of a mess
    According to Leahy v AG, McPhail v Doulton, 're Gulbekians and 're Reckers Trust, and contract holding theory the last one to the Historical Society is also valid and upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

I have a sample answer done by our lecturer on the exact question 3 that came up before that's how I know on the last part of it I made a bit of a mess
    According to Leahy v AG, McPhail v Doulton, 're Gulbekians and 're Reckers Trust, and contract holding theory the last one to the Historical Society is also valid and upheld.

Yeah I was unsure of the case Law on the subject matter there. So I left it vague suggesting 2 remedies. Luckily the exam fell good this time as repeated it.
    We'll all be ok

i thought it was a nasty paper.. not a good way to end :(

yournerd wrote: »
    i thought it was a nasty paper.. not a good way to end :(

I felt exactly the same but they all seem to have been that way this sitting and I had a feeling was going to be that way because all the nice topics came up in March.
    So I lost hope I was repeating this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Guys that’s equity put the fear of god in me when I opened it! It definitely wasn’t a nice paper... my vague answers will never get me a pass... I say it in March and got 62 and that was literally answering 6 amazing questions when great extent of caselaw. Comparing that and today’s paper, a pass is far from near. Damn the magic three!! :(

MeganC1554 wrote: »
    Guys that’s equity put the fear of god in me when I opened it! It definitely wasn’t a nice paper... my vague answers will never get me a pass... I say it in March and got 62 and that was literally answering 6 amazing questions when great extent of caselaw. Comparing that and today’s paper, a pass is far from near. Damn the magic three!! :(

Excuse me for the above grammar, my brain is dead!!... :) I’m sure you get the jist.

MeganC1554 wrote: »
    Excuse me for the above grammar, my brain is dead!!... :) I’m sure you get the jist.

With these exams you just never ķnow. Results are always a shock... a good one or a bad one!!!
    Good luck everyone in 6 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shellbm

For question 8, regarding the paintings and the advice for interlocutory injunctions, what were peoples approach? Found it so hard to really apply ILAC approach to it. I just discussed the Campus Oil principles as adopted from American Cyanimid and the noteworthy judicial movement towards more stringent approach in regards to mandatory interlocutory injunctions as per Boyle v An Post, Lingham and then the hybrid approach by Kelly J in Shelbourne Hotel Holdings where he approved Hoffman's test in Film Rover v Cannon and then said based on this analysis and Hoffman's comments that mandatory interlocutory injunctions would only be granted in "exceptional circumstances" and the adequacy of damages, I did not think he would be successful....

I cannot get this question off my mind :(
    Can someone let me know whether this even answered the question?? I would appreciate if someone would let me know if this answer even counts for me.

(then I am officially moving on from these exams :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nmwcc

^ I too would be v intrigued to know the correct approach, if anyone knows

shellbm wrote: »
    For question 8, regarding the paintings and the advice for interlocutory injunctions, what were peoples approach? Found it so hard to really apply ILAC approach to it. I just discussed the Campus Oil principles as adopted from American Cyanimid and the noteworthy judicial movement towards more stringent approach in regards to mandatory interlocutory injunctions as per Boyle v An Post, Lingham and then the hybrid approach by Kelly J in Shelbourne Hotel Holdings where he approved Hoffman's test in Film Rover v Cannon and then said based on this analysis and Hoffman's comments that mandatory interlocutory injunctions would only be granted in "exceptional circumstances" and the adequacy of damages, I did not think he would be successful....

I cannot get this question off my mind :(
    Can someone let me know whether this even answered the question?? I would appreciate if someone would let me know if this answer even counts for me.

(then I am officially moving on from these exams :( )

I took the same approach and concluded on that analysis he had no arguable case and trial of the action so he would not be successful. I hope this helps somehow

With these exams you just never ķnow. Results are always a shock... a good one or a bad one!!!

Is there a set date yet? Need to try forget about them somehow so I can live my life for the next few weeks...

yournerd wrote: »

Is there a set date yet? Need to try forget about them somehow so I can live my life for the next few weeks...

Yournerd it will be this day 6 weeks so 24th November

• Registered Users Posts: 28 vita.s

Thank God it's all over. For the next six weeks, at least we don't have to worry about reading a single law related thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

Unless you're doing an LL.M. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deeoco

Hi, I will be sitting Criminal, Equity and Property in March 2018. I would greatly appreciate if someone could mail me exam grids for those subjects. I have Independent manuals, exam papers and examiner reports. I have corrected homework submitted to Independent for Property and Criminal. If I can be of assistance to anyone please ask.

Best of luck to all who sat / currently sitting the autumn exams.

Kind regards

Colin
    Hey - if you haven't got these yet, let me know as I have all three :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deeoco

Hi.. I was just wondering/ hoping if anyone could send me on a copy of the exam papers in this sitting? Preparing for March :( Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mayo91

So what did everyone think of them?

Also when are results coming out?

Myself:

Company - Prick of an exam
    Tort - Not too bad, cant complain
    EU - tough enough
    Property - Handy

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

Hi all - does anyone know how to go about getting a refund from the Law Society?
    I don't even know if this would qualify for a refund as the application form states medical reasons but my grandmother passed away the morning of the Property exam (Tuesday) so I of course had to travel down to Cork and missed it. The funeral was Thursday so I missed Equity as well.
    Just now having a second to breathe and try and figure things out so please message me if you could help.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

Hi all - does anyone know how to go about getting a refund from the Law Society?
    I don't even know if this would qualify for a refund as the application form states medical reasons but my grandmother passed away the morning of the Property exam (Tuesday) so I of course had to travel down to Cork and missed it. The funeral was Thursday so I missed Equity as well.
    Just now having a second to breathe and try and figure things out so please message me if you could help.
    Many thanks.

Sorry to hear. Best bet would be to email the fe1 section and just explain, I've always found them helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Many thanks.

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your granny. Email the Law Society and explain the circumstances - my sister passed away exactly a month before the exams in March, so I decided to drop EU and they were great about refunding me for that exam. I'd be amazed if they didn't refund you for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

Ugh, all this waiting around for results is the worst! Delighted to have a bit of guilt-free time to myself, but I feel as though I can't properly move on until I know whether I passed that bloody nightmare of a Company exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 letmcg

does anybody know where we can access our passed exams up to date? need the results to apply to places but not sure where to access it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lawstudentirl1

Hey,

Anyone have the timetable for the exams in March?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just woken up from a dream where results were already out and I only passed one, narrowly failed another and brutally failed the third. I'm really hoping that it's not an omen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement