Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tiddy_boo

The nerves are killing me. Where abouts on the website do you get them?

https://www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lawstudentirl1

cheers! Good luck"

No worries! Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭L124

Good luck to everyone getting results today - can only imagine the stress!
    Could anyone who gets their letter please put up the timetable for march? It always gets put on line a while after letters are sent out so would be very grateful if could be told asap - might be able to attempt the march sitting then!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

Is anyone else having trouble with the link in the email?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

Yes - the entire lawsociety.ie website seems to have crashed and it was working at 09.29!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Bayb12 wrote: »

The website in general isn't cooperating for me!

Bayb12 wrote: »

Yeah it won't load for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PandoraCharmer

Has anyone managed to log on?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 monroe89

I can't even get to the log in page :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Lol the Law Society never learn. This is my 3rd set of results..... each time the site crashed at 09:25 or so!!!
    Then ppl get frustrated and the server overloads. They should email them out individually with a set up delivery service so everyone gets them inbox at 09:30
    Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Did it work for anyone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

It worked for me long enough to get my results, and then crashed before I could look at the new timetable!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Website wasn't working for me so the post arrived just in time.

50, 50, 43. Literally gasped out loud with delight! I couldn't sleep at all last night convinced I'd failed all 3!

The 43 is in EU and is my last exam so I'm debating whether to get it rechecked or just go straight back to study. My dad had already offered the recheck cost as my Christmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

Check your post!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

Website wasn't working for me so the post arrived just in time.

50, 50, 43. Literally gasped out loud with delight! I couldn't sleep at all last night convinced I'd failed all 3!

The 43 is in EU and is my last exam so I'm debating whether to get it rechecked or just go straight back to study. My dad had already offered the recheck cost as my Christmas present!
    Congrats! May I suggest getting it checked - considering it's your last exam they may find 7% hiding somewhere (if I have a contract waiting for you they definitely will).
    Would you mind posting the timetable for March 2018 also?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Usually the letter doesn't come for me until the Monday. Post man will be here soon so I'll have to wait and see

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Congrats! May I suggest getting it checked - considering it's your last exam they may find 7% hiding somewhere (if I have a contract waiting for you they definitely will).
    Would you mind posting the timetable for March 2018 also?

That's my hope!

Sorry, meant to attach it but excitement got the better of me!

Dates are:
    12 March - Criminal
    13 March - Company
    14 March - Contract
    15 March - EU
    16 March - Constitutional
    21 March - Tort
    22 March - Property
    23 March - Equity

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

Just passed my last FE1 there, so super pleased! A big thank you to everyone on this thread you were a big help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Anyone know how close one has to be to 50 to have a realistic chance with a re-Mark? Got shafted by Company .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Previous recheckers please help! I already have my golden 3 so these were my next two.. I got 40% in company which I thought maybe was fair enough cos it was a rough as hell paper, and 46% in property but I was sure I had passed it.. Definitely going to get property rechecked but would it be worth my while getting company rechecked if I thought 40% is kinda reasonable? Am i just throwing €115 at the Law Society for the craic? Any advise would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Previous recheckers please help! I already have my golden 3 so these were my next two.. I got 40% in company which I thought maybe was fair enough cos it was a rough as hell paper, and 46% in property but I was sure I had passed it.. Definitely going to get property rechecked but would it be worth my while getting company rechecked if I thought 40% is kinda reasonable? Am i just throwing €115 at the Law Society for the craic? Any advise would be much appreciated!
    Wasting your time to be honest (this coming from someone who has previously wasted time and money in getting rechecks) - may be different if it was either your 3rd or your 8th exam, but when it's not stopping any major further progress you'll have no joy I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

It's a tough one to call. Got 43 in Equity in March and rechecked it and it stayed the same. Not any move.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for the support and help over the last 2.5 years! It has not been easy at times! I today finally passed Contract Law!

For anyone that thinks about giving up, keep going. These exams are mentally and physically draining. I flew my first 7 exams and it has taken me an additional 2 sittings to get Contract Law meaning that I missed out on Blackhall twice! It was so draining to watch people who had finished a year behind me in college fly past me to Blackhall. Honestly though everything happens for a reason. Looking back on it now, for personal/work/financial reasons I know now it was probably better for me to miss out on Blackhall those times. We'll all get there in the end!! KEEP GOING!

For those of you joining in on the celebrations too today, see you all in B'Hall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 clearsky99

51, 42 and 39- is there even a point on going on ? People have told me to recheck anything from 40
    on? Feeling so let down

clearsky99 wrote: »
    51, 42 and 39- is there even a point on going on ? People have told me to recheck anything from 40
    on? Feeling so let down

What exams may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Magic three in the bag !! So happy

• Registered Users Posts: 9 clearsky99

smeal wrote: »
    What exams may I ask?

Failed ones were property (which i was convinced I had in the bag) and equity which I did have a problem with the second part of one question

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

Passed my first four. Over the moon. Now for the next four in March

• Advertisement

clearsky99 wrote: »
    Failed ones were property (which i was convinced I had in the bag) and equity which I did have a problem with the second part of one question

It may be worth a shot with property then. It seems to be very rare these days for anyone's grades to change. I appealed Contract three times and each time it came back unchanged and that was my last exam which shows they give no weight to it being your final one either.

If you can afford it then go for it. Otherwise I would just tell you to take it on the chin and try again. Its not a long time until March and you might be safer using your energy to start studying rather than waiting around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement