Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lemonee_

Mixed emotions today. Tried my first 4 exams. Passed Tort which I was convinced I would get about 5% in.. wouldnt even talk to anyone the day after that exam as I was so gutted! Also passed Constitutional. Got 43% and 45% in equity and property, which I thought went well. Goes to show that you can never tell! Well done to all celebrating today!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

Leraf wrote: »
    Magic three in the bag !! So happy

Me too!!! 51, 51, 54 !!! The relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Passed my first 4! I never felt so awful about an exam the way I did about company and equity and still got through it, so happy!

Thanks to everyone here who was dealing with me on material, was really helpful! I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Could someone tell me where to find the results once I log in? I'm cracking up here!!!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

yournerd wrote: »
    Passed my first 4! I never felt so awful about an exam the way I did about company and equity and still got through it, so happy!

Thanks to everyone here who was dealing with me on material, was really helpful! I really appreciate it.

slip of the keyboard before i edited this ! well done pal, i got shafted on Company sadly. That exam threw me from the start and i just didnt calm myself down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

Not great results for me ,still stuck on my final two of Tort and Constitutional. Will keep fighting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

got 4 failed 1 property out of all of them.
    7 in two sittings
    the letters are this mornings post already. well done everyone
    it seems that quite a few people failed property which is very unusual hopefully next paper is better. i was sure i failed company but there you go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

slip of the keyboard before i edited this ! well done pal, i got shafted on Company sadly. That exam threw me from the start and i just didnt calm myself down

Thanks, I honestly don’t know how I passed company, I only wrote for about 1 hour of that whole exam. It was so awful and I couldn’t remember nor answer anything.

same here in equity came back exactly the same. they dont like passing re-checks at all

Lumi77 wrote: »
    same here in equity came back exactly the same. they dont like passing re-checks at all

What had you been sitting on? I'm presuming a 43 isnt worthwhile at all ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

I passed company through a recheck a couple of sittings ago. I went up from 43 to 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

I got 43 in Equity and the recheck did nothing for me.
    46 this time which is b***s*** as I honestly know I aced it (sort of). Evidently not!!!
    I'll recheck again.
    $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

I swear its almost like they have a spy sitting outside the exam hall to watch each person as they leave. If they look happy and like they did well then its a fail. If they look like they failed, then its a pass! I was convinced I failed three exams but I passed them. The 1 exam i thought went ok, property, I failed. It makes no sense.

Could someone tell me where to find the results once I log in? I'm cracking up here!!!! Thanks

if you go to lawsociety.ie/fe1results you will get to the exact page with your results on it.

I couldn't agree more.....i failed property too and passed that hardest ones!!!

I couldn't agree more.....i failed property too and passed that hardest ones!!!

Are you going to get it rechecked?

yes I will is my last one

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Sat my first four and unfortunately they didn’t go my way. I did them by myself with no prep courses or manuals.

So obviously I’m getting battle ready for March.

Are the one day courses that the colleges offer any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

Sat my first four and unfortunately they didn’t go my way. I did them by myself with no prep courses or manuals.

So obviously I’m getting battle ready for March.

Are the one day courses that the colleges offer any good?

I did a one-day and I passed EU Law with about 4 weeks study (2 of which were in evenings after work).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Plague Maiden

This was my first sitting and I failed to land the magic three. Is there any point in getting a 43% in equity rechecked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

This was my first sitting and I failed to land the magic three. Is there any point in getting a 43% in equity rechecked?

I got 43 in March in Equity. The recheck did nothing for it. Beggars the question if they even bloody recheck it. Got 46 this time. In disbelief as I really thought I aced it. It would be great if I could 'simplify' the exam, like in The Cube on ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jkeogh15

I think a recheck just involves the External Examiner re-adding up the marks you got on each question rather than actually going through and re-correcting your entire paper, so it's rare to go up. But it does happen and you're definitely better off getting it rechecked just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Jkeogh15 wrote: »
    I think a recheck just involves the External Examiner re-adding up the marks you got on each question rather than actually going through and re-correcting your entire paper, so it's rare to go up. But it does happen and you're definitely better off getting it rechecked just in case.

That's a bit of a farce if true. Basically you pay €115 for a quick totting up procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Backfire31

Hey all just got my results and missed the magic three with a 44 in Criminal of all........ dam you diminished responsibility!! Is anyone doing the March 2018 sitting? and has preparation notes for company and contract? Mostly concerned with access to sample answers.....

Cheers!!

I have all the Company law stuff and other subjects, notes, past papers, sample answers for 10 years and manuals.
    Also legislation to go in EU,Company. I dont need them anymore.

I have all the Company law stuff and other subjects, notes, past papers, sample answers for 10 years and manuals.
    Also legislation to go in EU,Company. I dont need them anymore.

Well....... that is either someone giving up or they have succeeded!! ha how old would your contract stuff be? I could take it off your hands!!

Man I have done nada in work today, so pissed off by this. I have a training contract with a top 5 which i fought tooth and nail for and now I need to pass 4 in march including Company, Contract, EU three days in a row or its Slán agus oiche mhaith.

Honestly I just don't know anymore. I have slogged through and got good grades in A-levels, my law degree and my masters -- not to mention getting good experience in commercial firms and in house. I drag myself through a trainee interview process and get within touching distance only to now have it all threatened by a seemingly arbitrary glorified memory test.

Sorry for the rant but just feeling sick of it all now.

I passed them.
    but unfortunately contract is gone all i can give you is past sample answers

I sat 5 in a row this time, its very hard and stressful but it can be done. I am a single parent with two kids and i like you have an LLB and LLM so in comparison wit these exams they are nothing. Dont loose hope, keep going.
    You 'll get there.

• Advertisement

I passed them.
    but unfortunately contract is gone all i can give you is past sample answers

I know you did read it further in the thread!! Congrats and fair play it is no small feat! If that is the case I do not think they would be much help to me but cheers for the offer! and for anyone thinking of quitting....... don't it will be worth it! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement