Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Marie92 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good prep course for company? PM if we can’t discuss here. Tks

Mod deletion. Pls do not discuss the various colleges, their lecturers and publications here.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: It's been a while since we've had to take action in relation to this but there is STRICTLY NO TRADING allowed on this forum except exam grids.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

I did four first time and passed with good marks. I work full time and have a young toddler so my study was limited to the evenings. Mod deletion . So yes if you dedicate your time 8 is possible. Though I will say the exams one after the other is very draining and that is the downfall. I would advise two sittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Jimdtug1 wrote: »
    Hi, First time posting!

Has anybody on here took all 8 Exams in the one sitting. I sat the exams last year and only passed two so have no exemptions.

The thing is passed two (Tort and Property) without really trying that hard and feel that with application and a good study plan i could attempt all 8.

Am I being ridiculous or is it possible?

Thanks

I'd recommend splitting them up unless you are under pressure to attend BH in 2018 and have to sit 8. As the above poster mentioned the exams are very draining in quick succession. I found that despite the fact I only sat four exams in one sitting once and likewise there was only one occasion where I had back to back exams on successive days.

I do remember reading on here a while back of someone who knew a candidate who sat and passed all 8 exams in one sitting but it's pretty much unheard off. If possible you'd be better off splitting the exams into two sittings as otherwise you'll be spreading yourself too thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tiddy_boo

MOD. Pls do not discuss the various colleges or their products here!

Anyway hopefully doing this course will get me the magic 3 if not 4! I've tried twice now and the only one I have passed one both occasions is Contract. It was no surprise the first time because I was so nervous but the second time I thought I might have been in with a chance.

Self directed study is so tough especially when you're working and have other commitments! I have a new job and they have offered me a training contract. Monday was my first day and I had the mortifying task of telling them I didn't get the exams, so I really don't want to have to tell them the same thing in April!

Thanks again everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

Hi all,

Does anyone know when the examiner's reports are available for purchase for the last sitting? (Oct 17)
    I checked and the papers are available but no reports. Passed mine in October but just curious to see them and have them for my March sitting.

Thanks in advance. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

Hi everyone! Could anyone tell me the topics that came up on the last EQUITY paper (Oct 17)? The only grids I have to swap are constitutional or property. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

Looking for recent EU law manual. Message me please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 greenfrog24

Where do people get up to date sample answers? Just sat my first round of FE1s in October, I studied for them with a prep course which provided for everything (sample answers, past papers and reports, etc.) and am now considering prepping for the next few by myself but I don't really know where to get sample answers!

Also, question re EU: there's 3 recommended readings in the syllabus, just wondering if I need to get all 3 books or is one enough? Unlike other topics it doesn't say clearly if any of those readings will do or if they should be studied together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

Where do people get up to date sample answers? Just sat my first round of FE1s in October, I studied for them with a prep course which provided for everything (sample answers, past papers and reports, etc.) and am now considering prepping for the next few by myself but I don't really know where to get sample answers!

Also, question re EU: there's 3 recommended readings in the syllabus, just wondering if I need to get all 3 books or is one enough? Unlike other topics it doesn't say clearly if any of those readings will do or if they should be studied together.

I bought sample questions and notes from DoneDeal or Adverts before but to be honest they're almost a hindrance the amount of stuff I had and I didn't even look at them for the last sitting. I think it's better to use the manuals and any undergrad case notes/summaries of articles that you done in order to prepare questions, IMO anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

Would anybody have exam grids for Contract and Tort they would be willing to pass on?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

MOD DELETION

Pls do not deal in material thru this forum

You may swap exam grids

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Would anybody have exam grids for Contract and Tort they would be willing to pass on?

SENd me a pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Jimdtug1 wrote: »
    Hi, First time posting!

Has anybody on here took all 8 Exams in the one sitting. I sat the exams last year and only passed two so have no exemptions.

The thing is passed two (Tort and Property) without really trying that hard and feel that with application and a good study plan i could attempt all 8.

Am I being ridiculous or is it possible?

Thanks

Unless you've a contract in September forget it.
    Aim to pass them in 2 (but keep March 2019 as a back up just in case)

You'll have 4 days in a row TWICE.
    Remember, if you fail one, the extra stress will have been for nothing.

You're mental well-being will suffer as they're intense. But, not impossible.
    Ask a revision school their honest opinion.
    I think it's suicide. Good luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coolusername95

Hi everyone, can anyone send me a grid for con law please? or tell me what was on the October 17 sitting? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j.furriskey

Hi everyone,
    Does anybody know if it is possible to get a 3 month extension to the 5 year time period in which to complete the exams? I have a year left but will be too busy completing an articling postion in Canada to complete them. Please let me know if you’ve heard of anybody getting an extension.

Thanks!!

Hi everyone,
    Does anybody know if it is possible to get a 3 month extension to the 5 year time period in which to complete the exams? I have a year left but will be too busy completing an articling postion in Canada to complete them. Please let me know if you’ve heard of anybody getting an extension.

Thanks!!

Hi
    There was someone in my LLM year recently who had to sit 2 exams mid-semester, as she was out of time too. The LS wouldn't allow her any extra time. Email them, as you never know though. They're slow in replies- factor up to a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Anastaciag94

Would really appreciate it if someone could send me the Oct 2017 exam papers, or else tell me what came up in EU, Company, Criminal and Property! I have almost everything you'd be looking for in all 8 subjects to swap.

Also, if someone wants to get rid of their Company legislation, I'd appreciate that too!

MOD

You may swap exam grids, pls do not trade thru this forum

Has anyone Oct 2017 papers for Criminal, contract, constitutional or property?
    Can swap for Oct 2017 papers for Tort, EU, Equity and Company.

Anybody know when the recheck results are issued? Hardly six weeks a wait too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Looking for up to date grids for all subjects which include the recent october 17 exams, if anyone can help please.

If someone can tell me what came up on Criminal or Contract in Oct 2017 I'll send the updated grid around! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Preliminary date is Jan 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

around 19th January or so should say in your letter

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

Hi,
    Does anyone have a e-copy of the Oct 2017 EU Law exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

So I'm sitting my final two exams in March - Constitutional and Tort (yes, I know probably shouldn't have left these two together!). Any advice on how to best study for them? I haven't started yet, and realistically won't begin until after Christmas.

I really want to pass these two and start in Blackhall in September, but both courses are SO long. The Constitutional manual alone is the size of 2 of the shorter manuals together.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

I'm doing constitutional and criminal in March.. Finding constitutional mammoth too!

Blazedup wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a e-copy of the Oct 2017 EU Law exam?

I do. Send me your email by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭amkeane81

So I'm sitting my final two exams in March - Constitutional and Tort (yes, I know probably shouldn't have left these two together!). Any advice on how to best study for them? I haven't started yet, and realistically won't begin until after Christmas.

I really want to pass these two and start in Blackhall in September, but both courses are SO long. The Constitutional manual alone is the size of 2 of the shorter manuals together.

I failed constitutional twice (46% both times) - sat it first time with EU, Tort and Company. EU and Tort are both big but i managed to pass and didn't come too far off in constitutional.

For constitutional (i passed it last sitting - 67%), I'd suggest nailing questions such as the president, taoiseach, interpretation. There is usually at least one question on these, sometimes 2. However, you need to make sure you tailor your answer to what is asked. This is something you can only do when you see the question so make sure you practice tailoring your answer to suit the question. (Same goes for Tort actually - make sure to answer the question and give your opinion when asked for).

I know it's not a guarantee but case notes are lovely if they come up. I wrote out a number of case note questions and was able to answer the question but it also helped me gain more knowledge about the cases that i was able to use in other questions.

Finally, the book The Supreme Court was a really big help. I got it from the library amd made notes woth post its. It's an easy read and not dull but has some v interesting cases which are very relevant to the exam. Read it over Christmas.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

amkeane81 wrote: »
    I failed constitutional twice (46% both times) - sat it first time with EU, Tort and Company. EU and Tort are both big but i managed to pass and didn't come too far off in constitutional.

For constitutional (i passed it last sitting - 67%), I'd suggest nailing questions such as the president, taoiseach, interpretation. There is usually at least one question on these, sometimes 2. However, you need to make sure you tailor your answer to what is asked. This is something you can only do when you see the question so make sure you practice tailoring your answer to suit the question. (Same goes for Tort actually - make sure to answer the question and give your opinion when asked for).

I know it's not a guarantee but case notes are lovely if they come up. I wrote out a number of case note questions and was able to answer the question but it also helped me gain more knowledge about the cases that i was able to use in other questions.

Finally, the book The Supreme Court was a really big help. I got it from the library amd made notes woth post its. It's an easy read and not dull but has some v interesting cases which are very relevant to the exam. Read it over Christmas.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much! I'll make sure to keep all of this on mind :) although I honestly hate case note questions SO much 😅 I've avoided them throughout college and the FE1s as much as possible. But I want to increase my chances of passing Constitutional as much as I can so I'll definitely consider doing that question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement