Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Section 4 of the Fair Elections Act 2014, introduces a ban on (i) corporate political advertising and (ii) caps elections expenditure for all candidates at 1,000
    John is a local election candidate in Cork. He is standing for election for the first time. His mother is a successful business owner and is willing to provide substantial money from her company to fund his camapaign and advertising for him. He objects to the new Act as he thinks he has no prospect of success without advertising because the local voters are more familiar with the incimbant candidates than with him.

John and his mother ask you to advise if there are any grounds under Irish Constitutional Law upon which they could challenge the Fair Elections Act 2014
    Advise them.

Any suggestions on how to answer this question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fe12018

Hi first time poster and it will be my first time attempting the FE1s in March!

I am doing Criminal, Company, Contract and Property.

I have found Company quite tough so far but hoping to dedicate some time to it over Christmas and making some more sense of it!

My biggest worry is trying to remember all the case law!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

Hello all! With Christmas upon us like most here I am in no mood for study, but its my final three in March (EU, Crim and Tort) so i have to try and push it and finish these horrendous exams once and for all and get them out of my life!! I liked tort in college, but I'm feeling very overwhelmed by this exam subject for this. Is it a subject where all material needs to be learnt? I am either anxious or totally swamped (maybe both!). A few tips would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

fe12018 wrote: »

I have found Company quite tough so far but hoping to dedicate some time to it over Christmas and making some more sense of it!

Hi there, i was like this last Christmas, it was a tedious time i admit, i hold down a full time job so study time is limited. i spent most days after Stephens day stuck at my desk with only one night out for the entire time. No life. Work on your notes during the holidays, remember basic minimum info is what is looked for, i cannot stress : do not treat these exams like college exams, i did this for many sittings and got nowhere fast! You really only need 5 -10 cases for each question. You do not need to detail the cases on the most part. My Company paper was rubbish but i somehow managed to scrape a 50. Do your best and you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 icsheep

fe12018 wrote: »

Believe it or not, I was convinced that I failed Company very badly this last sitting - I had 2 very good answers, 1 answer setting out all the legal framework but 5 cases addressing only half the question and 2 essays, one on DAC and one on Summary Approval Procedure with zero case-law but loads of paraphrasing the Companies Act provisions and general waffle that I had read in legal magazines back in 2014. I passed with 55. What I am trying to say is, when stuck, your Companies Act has the potential to completely pull you over to the finish line. Just attempt all 5 questions and time them equally. :) Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 icsheep

Jimdtug1 wrote: »
    Hi, First time posting!

Has anybody on here took all 8 Exams in the one sitting. I sat the exams last year and only passed two so have no exemptions.

The thing is passed two (Tort and Property) without really trying that hard and feel that with application and a good study plan i could attempt all 8.

Am I being ridiculous or is it possible?

Thanks
    I attempted sitting all 8 this year. I was genuinely very tired by my 6th exam and skipped the 7th altogether to cleanly finish my 8th. I passed 6 out of the 7 I did sit. That said, I had good four months to study before the exams, no work, no responsibilities but I had serious issues with keeping up the pace from the get-go. Try it. Worst case scenario - a couple of dead brain cells and yet another sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

icsheep wrote: »
    Believe it or not, I was convinced that I failed Company very badly this last sitting - I had 2 very good answers, 1 answer setting out all the legal framework but 5 cases addressing only half the question and 2 essays, one on DAC and one on Summary Approval Procedure with zero case-law but loads of paraphrasing the Companies Act provisions and general waffle that I had read in legal magazines back in 2014. I passed with 55. What I am trying to say is, when stuck, your Companies Act has the potential to completely pull you over to the finish line. Just attempt all 5 questions and time them equally. :) Best of luck!

I was also convinced that I failed company the last sitting. I could only answer 3 questions on the paper and had to make up the other two completely.. The legislation saved me as well. Definitely bring it! Passed with 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smugairleroin

Hi! Just wondering if anyone could please send me up to date exam grids for tort, constitutional, contract and criminal? Just getting started on study for this round and feeling a bit snowed under! I can share whatever notes I have on all subjects - I have a good amount. Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fe12018

Thank you ally1234 and icsheep!! I feel a bit better now.

I just feel so lost when it comes to trying to structure an answer - sorry for the delay in replying - for some reason I didn't get a notification.

I have dyspraxia so trying to practice writing for long periods of time also without my handwriting going all over the place before "the big day" is what I am trying to work on too.

Thank you so much for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ruanxxx

Hi I am a first time FE1 poster also and it will be attempting the FE1s in March 2018.

I am doing Criminal, Company, EU and Property.

I have some good notes and exam grids. I am looking for sample answers or essays.

I am quite willing to swap if anyone is interested

Also looking for some of the textbooks suitable to bring into the exam,

Willing to pay for these

Mod
    Sorry, no trading allowed thru' this forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Joanneon93

Hi there,

I’m planning on sitting my first three FE1’s in March. I have decided to study criminal, contract and property. I am the first of my college friends to sit the Exams and don’t know anyone else who has sat them before. I’m quite good at learning and remembering and this in the past has helped me pass all my Law Exams, however I don’t know if those abilities are enough this time round. Is there any advice people can give me regarding the exam structure/ difficultly and if there is a huge level of difference from sitting like college Exams. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

Anyone know of any services for correcting exam papers? Have manuals etc so don’t want to pay for the courses but I need to find someone to correct past papers to make sure I’m on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

Mod; Sorry, no such advertising allowed here. Post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

looking for sample answrs for property! can swap for any other subject!

icsheep wrote: »

I'm a Company Law survivor! Last September's exam was nothing short of horrendous! Passed by relying on my legislation. Got the magic 50!:)

Chuckler wrote: »
    Mod; Sorry, no such advertising allowed here. Post deleted
    :eek::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Hey guys! Are there any topics I could be reasonably safe leaving out of tort? Feeling a tad overwhelmed ..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 b.anna

Hi just wondering if anyone is selling company law 2017 manual ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone have any tips for property, constitutional or contract? trying to start study is hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

I am still looking for up to date Grids if any kind soul could oblige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Excalibur92

Hello all,
    Coming back after a spell on the sidelines to sit the next sitting of the FE1s.
    Could anyone on here kindly provide up to date exam grids for Criminal, Property, & Contract?
    The email address that can provide all three I'll send you a PayPal gift of 20eur in return for the favour.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coolusername95

Hi guys would anyone please please have some tips on constitutional law, how to shorten the course etc? Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

The ECJ has today ruled exam scripts are personal data, and hence you have a RIGHT to view them. Some guy failed his professional Accountancy exams 4 times and was refused access to them.
    A game changer perhaps!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ninetythree

Would anyone have up to date grids for Constitutional, Tort, Property or Criminal? I sat the other four in October and passed, so have a lot of material that I can swap for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 decco201

Hi does anyone have grid for constitutional, EU and Tort. Only starting study now. Repeating Tort so hoping I'll manage the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

The ECJ has today ruled exam scripts are personal data, and hence you have a RIGHT to view them. Some guy failed his professional Accountancy exams 4 times and was refused access to them.
    A game changer perhaps!?

I would love to see them but too terrified to ask. Maybe if I had no more left to sit I would be brave and ask for my last set.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 EJ15

Could anyone send me Company, EU or Contract Oct 2017 paper? I have the other subjects to swap. Thanks

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: Trading is not allowed in this forum. Please observe this. We haven't had to issue warnings etc. for a long time in relation to trading (or anything else for that matter on this thread) and do not want to have to re-engage in active monitoring of this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mockman

Would anyone have notes for Constitutional. I can return other 7 subjects.

thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Hey folks, does anyone know when the re check results are released?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement