Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Hey folks, does anyone know when the re check results are released?

19th of January

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Hi there!

Newbie here, I am starting to look at the process of the FE-1 exams and have a pile of newbie questions about everything. I feel like it would be silly to state them out here because I am essentially looking at personal experiences of studying for the exams (length & method), the material used, repartition of the 8 subjects, etc etc... So a fair amount of things.

If someone would have a bit of time, advice & patience to give to me that I could PM and liaise with, I would be very grateful and offer a *virtual* cookie. (Bonus if you just finished the exams for a fresh view or had only 2 sittings to do them because effectively that will be the configuration I will have.)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

Hi, could someone please shed some light on criminal law please. In the exam do we quote sections of the Acts or just name them e.g s.4 Criminal Justice Act 1964. Do i then need to memorize and quote in detail the section??

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

ally1234 wrote: »
    Hi, could someone please shed some light on criminal law please. In the exam do we quote sections of the Acts or just name them e.g s.4 Criminal Justice Act 1964. Do i then need to memorize and quote in detail the section??

I only quoted the Act. If you know the Section numbers put them in definitely. I had a hard time remembering them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

ally1234 wrote: »

The text of the sections can be very important in knowing whether (for example) the office can be committed recklessly or only with intent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 sls16

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with grids - I'm looking for up to date grids including the 2017 papers for Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Equity if anyone has them? Or if anyone has info on those exams in general, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello there!

Would anyone be able to give me some advice in regard to which subjects to choose for the next round of Fe1s?

The four I would be most prepared for as of now would be contract, criminal, tort and EU, so ideally it would be 3/4.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cojamocork

Looking for Tort, Property, Constitutional and Criminal grids if anyone has them.

Sat the other 4 last October so have a good few bits to offer in return including the October 2017 exam papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

Does anyone have an updated sexual offences chapter they would be willing to share?

What's easier to pass? Tort or EU? Both see quite long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Readyrare

Also looking for grids for equity and property if anyone has them. I have constitutional and contract ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 decco201

Can anyone shed some light on Constitutional exam? What the examiner expects. Do they want a little about everything or fine detail? What's the pass rate like. I'm waiting on exam reports at the moment. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What's easier to pass? Tort or EU? Both see quite long.

Tort by a mile. EU is brutal,

yournerd wrote: »
    Tort by a mile. EU is brutal,

Thanks for the reply! Is it not true though that the pass rate is very high with EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Thanks for the reply! Is it not true though that the pass rate is very high with EU?

I was terrified of EU and was the biggest mark I got in all of the exams .
    so EU seems overwhelming but yes it has a high pass rate same as Constitutional someone above was asking.
    know main case law and fine stuff for both subjects but be up to date with case law specially in Constitutional .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Becks63976

Hi does anybody have a copy of the property and criminal exam paper from last sitting they can pass on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dani.ho

Hi does anyone have updated exam grids for Constitutional, EU and Contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Looking for grids for criminal, property and equity. Have notes I can swap for. PM please!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castle123

Hi,

Looking for up to date Exam grids for Property, EU, and Equity?

I have a lot of material for all the other subjects I could swap for.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deeoco

If anyone has an exam grid for Constitutional, will happily trade. I have Criminal, Property, Equity, Contract. Thanks a mill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone have October 2016 paper/report for Contract? Can swap for March 2017 or October 2017 for any other subject!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deeoco

yournerd wrote: »
    Anyone have October 2016 paper/report for Contract? Can swap for March 2017 or October 2017 for any other subject!
    I'll send you a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Camron_16

Hey

Just wondering if anyone would have an up to date EU exam grid ? I have constitutional notes and grid up to March 2017 in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 EJ15

mockman wrote: »
    Would anyone have notes for Constitutional. I can return other 7 subjects.

thanks!!
    I sent you notes however, I am still waiting for you to send on what you agreed to send?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Backfire31

Anyone waiting on re checks? Do you know if they are sent out or is it like the exam results can you log in and view them?

Any info appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Backfire31

I was also wondering if anyone doing the Criminal Law courses in any of the colleges know if there has been mention of the defence of sexomnia, a form of automatism? There is an article in the Irish times today in relation to it, and the exam papers like to examine relevant topics.....

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Backfire31 wrote: »
    Anyone waiting on re checks? Do you know if they are sent out or is it like the exam results can you log in and view them?

Any info appreciated!

Rechecks are only by post . 19th January

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanMcG123

Was hoping someone could tell me if you are able to use one party name when citing cases for contract law?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LegalAnna

Would anyone be able to send me over an updated company exam grid? And any ideas on what topics should be studied? The course seems quite overwhelming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

RyanMcG123 wrote: »
    Was hoping someone could tell me if you are able to use one party name when citing cases for contract law?

As in college exams, two is always better than one. That said, if you can't recall two then use one. If you can't remember the case name at all, describe the facts. The most important thing is that you understand the legal reasoning/ratio of the case.

I found sometimes it was helpful to link the two names together in your mind, perhaps think of two people you know with similar names to the parties involved. Also, because of the volume in contract law, sometimes you just have to put the effort in and do some rote learning (I mean physically just rewriting the names from memory - building up some muscle memory).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement