Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Looking for lawschool.ie material on criminal, contract, property and constitutional can swap for the other 4 subjects!

Mod
    Apart from exchanging exam grids pls do not trade any other material thru this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 13 9292

Hey, does anyone have a latest grid for company and tort? Have EU and Constitutional which I can pass on! Cheers

castle123 wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for up to date Exam grids for Property, EU, and Equity?

I have a lot of material for all the other subjects I could swap for.

Thanks

I have EU grid,would you have company or tort grids?

cojamocork wrote: »
    Looking for Tort, Property, Constitutional and Criminal grids if anyone has them.

Sat the other 4 last October so have a good few bits to offer in return including the October 2017 exam papers.

I have constitutional grid if you want. Would you have grids on tort and company ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

Backfire31 wrote: »
    I was also wondering if anyone doing the Criminal Law courses in any of the colleges know if there has been mention of the defence of sexomnia, a form of automatism? There is an article in the Irish times today in relation to it, and the exam papers like to examine relevant topics.....
    Probably not if it isn't on the syllabus or covered in manuals..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Anyone have any tips on what I can leave out in Tort? Just started making notes last week and there is not a hope I can cover everything - especially as I haven't gone near Constitutional yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Backfire31

Frances94 wrote: »
    Probably not if it isn't on the syllabus or covered in manuals..

Not sure if it could be put in as a form of automatism as per other questions........ "he was unaware of what he was doing etc." my understanding of it is that it is not a separate defence but it is a form of automatism as the law currently stands..

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Anyone have experience with the recheck in Equity? Is 46 to 50 too much to hope for!?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 decco201

Starting to stress now, 8 wks 2 subjects what are the chances of getting it done?

decco201 wrote: »
    Starting to stress now, 8 wks 2 subjects what are the chances of getting it done?

8 weeks 4 subjects full time job
    SOS help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

yournerd wrote: »
    SOS help

Same!! Send help. Working full time, an hour and half commute home every evening, im beat by the time 9pm comes around and this cold weather is zapping my energy. You can do it though, we have come this far.
    Blitz it this weekend and organize your notes etc and from next week start reading/memorizing - that's what im hoping to do anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

ally1234 wrote: »
    Same!! Send help. Working full time, an hour and half commute home every evening, im beat by the time 9pm comes around and this cold weather is zapping my energy. You can do it though, we have come this far.
    Blitz it this weekend and organize your notes etc and from next week start reading/memorizing - that's what im hoping to do anyway!!

taking notes / doing exam questions feature at all or is that expecting to much, working 33 hrs a week.

decco201 wrote: »

SOS help

I hope you've a contract pending for Sept.... otherwise you're busting your ass unnecessarily doing 4. (Unless it's your first sitting)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Rechecks are in the post today.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

annmc882 wrote: »
    taking notes / doing exam questions feature at all or is that expecting to much, working 33 hrs a week.

From the ones i have passed so far i have never prepared exam Q's, it takes up too much time. try and prepare concise notes if at all possible, bullet points to help you remember often works for me and then use ILACrule in the exam. This has helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mockman

Does anyone have notes for Constitutional?
    can swap for others

• Registered Users Posts: 12 EJ15

mockman wrote: »
    can swap for others
    I emailed you notes two weeks ago. Still waiting on the notes you agreed to send.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

mockman wrote: »
    can swap for others
    EJ15 wrote: »
    I emailed you notes two weeks ago. Still waiting on the notes you agreed to send.

Moderator: As per numerous warnings on this thread and elsewhere, there is strictly no trading on this forum.

The above posts are exactly the reason why.

I have no option but to ban the two of you for this and tell you to sort it out between you before either of you applies to have access reinstated.

Anyone have any tips on what I can leave out in Tort? Just started making notes last week and there is not a hope I can cover everything - especially as I haven't gone near Constitutional yet!

I studied economic torts and defamation and neither came up last time so they’re a must!!

I hope you've a contract pending for Sept.... otherwise you're busting your ass unnecessarily doing 4. (Unless it's your first sitting)

Blackball in September so no choice. May start saying prayers :)

• Advertisement

ally1234 wrote: »

Omg 1.5 hour commute too!!

Blackball in September so no choice. May start saying prayers :)

Oh in that case!! You'll be grand!!
    I'm in a dilemma....
    Do 5 (EU, Tort, Constitutional, Contract..... and resit Equity) in March. Too much, esp as working!!!??
    No contract for Sept but have a paralegal post with a top firm until Xmas.
    Hmmmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Backfire31

Re- Check in......... didnt budge stayed the same mark, €105 down the drain, well at least I know what I need to do for the March sitting! Anyone else get rechecks?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just phoned home to find out my results. Turns out they arrived yesterday! Bumped me up three marks but still not enough to pass. What was the point of that?!

Oh well, on to March! Have to find out a way to fit studying EU into full time work with four hours commuting time!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castle123

Has anyone ever signed up to further exams, after they've got the magic 3, online? Rather than sending out an application form.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Just phoned home to find out my results. Turns out they arrived yesterday! Bumped me up three marks but still not enough to pass. What was the point of that?!

Oh well, on to March! Have to find out a way to fit studying EU into full time work with four hours commuting time!

Did you get an email to confirm they were being released today? My mark hasn't budged which isn't surprising but they said they would email us that week confirming the release date so I'm a little worried my hasn't been checked?! I got an email confirming my payment but that's it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Backfire31 wrote: »
    I was also wondering if anyone doing the Criminal Law courses in any of the colleges know if there has been mention of the defence of sexomnia, a form of automatism? There is an article in the Irish times today in relation to it, and the exam papers like to examine relevant topics.....
    As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been an Irish judgment from an appellate court. I wouldn't dwell on it, just cover automatism in the normal way and maybe throw in a single line.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Have to find out a way to fit studying EU into full time work with four hours commuting time!

If you find a way, can you let me know !

• Registered Users Posts: 16 decco201

castle123 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever signed up to further exams, after they've got the magic 3, online? Rather than sending out an application form.

Thanks

I don't think you can! I wanted to do it last time when I rang the Law Society they told me there was no way to apply online, I'd left it so late I had to get a taxi to law society to hand it in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Did you get an email to confirm they were being released today? My mark hasn't budged which isn't surprising but they said they would email us that week confirming the release date so I'm a little worried my hasn't been checked?! I got an email confirming my payment but that's it!

Nope, no email. Just a letter in the post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement