Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Backfire31 wrote: »
    Re- Check in......... didnt budge stayed the same mark, €105 down the drain, well at least I know what I need to do for the March sitting! Anyone else get rechecks?

Yep. Mine stayed the same at 47. Begs the question do they even check them doesn't it.
    New ECJ ruling that exam scripts are personal data and hence viewable for your own inspection.
    105 exam + 115 recheck + hassle = frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Has anyone asked to see their scripts after the EU ruling?
    Also, how are people getting on with study? i am trying to be realistic about how much time is left and how many subjects I can actually cover in that time? I have notes on 2.5 done. I am thinking of doing only 3 but hate the thought of having to push them until the next sitting because it will be more months of studying/worrying about these bloody exams, I am tired thinking of them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Backfire31

Robbo wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been an Irish judgment from an appellate court. I wouldn't dwell on it, just cover automatism in the normal way and maybe throw in a single line.

Yes..... but the English case stated and their actions might be worth noting as persuasive. Seems it would be up to the Dpp on foot of extensive expert evidence to take an action or not. Something to note I suppose.

Thanks for the feedback though

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Backfire31

Anyone out there doing property law? Can you aid me in what s21 of the conveyancing act 1881 dictate? I am coming up with two very different outcomes one from my manual and one from a sample answer.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Magnificat1

Hi,

I would be very grateful if anyone is able to share the EU & Constitutional grids!

Really lucky that they're back to back AGAIN 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

Any body make an assessment of what they are focusing on in contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Blazedup wrote: »
    Any body make an assessment of what they are focusing on in contract?

Hard to leave much out with so much mixing of topics

Lazy mans load is non applicable so. :(

Has anyone experience sitting 5 ??
    Constitutional / Tort/ EU (are bad enough)
    with Contract and Equity (repeating from a 45 and 47 in Oct) thrown in?
    I'm beginning to think it's too much. The form has to be in this week :0(
    I feel it's possibly throwing good money after bad!

Well Tony Two Legs. I contemplated 5 for my first setting. I decided against it, didn't have the brain capacity or discipline to do it. Tackling four is enough hardship, bite down on the gum shield and march forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Lorcs89

Hi, I would be grateful if someone could please send me a grid for Constitutional, Contract, Criminal, Tort and Company.

Many thanks in advance.

Blazedup wrote: »
    Well Tony Two Legs. I contemplated 5 for my first setting. I decided against it, didn't have the brain capacity or discipline to do it. Tackling four is enough hardship, bite down on the gum shield and march forward.

Thanks. Yeah I've 3 done. So, it's 5 or take it easy and do a 3/2 split.
    Might just do 5. If I fail I fail but won't regret it I hope.
    What am I saying.....
    I'll regret it mid exams on Paddys day and I'm indoors reading about Injunctions for the hundredth time

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Has anyone experience sitting 5 ??
    Constitutional / Tort/ EU (are bad enough)
    with Contract and Equity (repeating from a 45 and 47 in Oct) thrown in?
    I'm beginning to think it's too much. The form has to be in this week :0(
    I feel it's possibly throwing good money after bad!

I sat 4 first time and passed 3 and 5 just now in October its doable as I am a single parent and work full time.

I passed 4 out of 5 and failed property by 4 points.

Head down and keep at it. be very well organised.

regards rechecks i paid twice for two and every time came back exactly the same result not one point up or one point down so just a bot of advice for the ones still doing exams... dont bother paying rechecks

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

I got a recheck in Company last year and was brought up to 50 from 43.

That is harsh.... 46% and 7 others passed.
    Yeah I have to decide this week. I'd be resitting 2 so effectively 3 are fresh ones.
    Just seems suicide as I too work full time and there is only X amount of hours from which you must ÷ up per subject.
    No contract for Sept but other contract with good firm till xmas.
    Damned if I do or don't .

I'm sure you'll hammer Property this time

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

Unless you have a contract lined up for September, I don't see the point in putting yourself under that much pressure. I did four in October and passed them. I'm just doing two in March. Plenty of time!

give it your best ... if you fail you do, but what if you pass? thats the way i looked at it.

Both valid points. I guess doing 5 puts all 5 at risk and ending up with 5 x 40's% as I didn't have enough time for them all. Doing 3 I know I'll be ok.
    True too.... no Traineeship for Sept.... unlikely to get one between results day and July cut-off, esp not with a firm I'd want.
    Suppose a year doing Intern work etc be ok too

• Registered Users Posts: 12 N2547

Can anyone tell me what came up in the constitutional paper in October? Thanks a mil 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 decco201

I'd be grateful for EU or Constitutional grid if anyone has one. Thanks :)

That is harsh.... 46% and 7 others passed.
    Yeah I have to decide this week. I'd be resitting 2 so effectively 3 are fresh ones.
    Just seems suicide as I too work full time and there is only X amount of hours from which you must ÷ up per subject.
    No contract for Sept but other contract with good firm till xmas.
    Damned if I do or don't .

I'm sure you'll hammer Property this time

5 in the 40s or 3 passes you are fairly sure of. Don't let impatience backfire! Do 3, take it handy and get them in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kimC1

Would anyone happen to have up-to-date grids for:
    -EU
    -Tort
    -Criminal
    -Property

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dublinrose

Looking for some advice please. I have law degree that I did a couple of years ago. I'm thinking of doing 3 Fe1s in March. Closing date to register for the exams is Friday.
    I haven't done any preparation at all so far. Am I mad? Is it doable- 7 weeks for 3 subjects? I could only manage 3 hrs a day but probably both days most weekends.
    Is it possible to do enough to pass 3 exams? Thanks

dublinrose wrote: »
    Looking for some advice please. I have law degree that I did a couple of years ago. I'm thinking of doing 3 Fe1s in March. Closing date to register for the exams is Friday.
    I haven't done any preparation at all so far. Am I mad? Is it doable- 7 weeks for 3 subjects? I could only manage 3 hrs a day but probably both days most weekends.
    Is it possible to do enough to pass 3 exams? Thanks

Pick short subjects and give it a go. If nothing else it would be good experience for the next round if you are serious about doing them. property and criminal would be very manageable and after that its down to what you like. A lot of people say property, equity and criminal are the magic 3.

Focus, get head down and you have as good a chance of getting them as anyone!

YOU have to pass 3 to keep going, I think 3 is a short call. I would sit 4

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dublinrose

Lumi77 wrote: »
    YOU have to pass 3 to keep going, I think 3 is a short call. I would sit 4

See I don't feel I have enough time to study for 4. I think I would be spreading myself too thinly. I know I need to pass 3 but I think by focussing on 3 I have a better chance of passing the 3.

I understand its whatever you are confident with. Just be very strict though if you are picking 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castle123

Anyone got any tips for EU? A couple of chapters in to it and it seems like a real slog. Pass rate for it is over 70% according to the examiners report so at least thats something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lawhead767

Would anyone have an up to date exam gride for criminal and tort please? <Mod snip - no trading.>
    Many thanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement