Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

If you google fe1 online application open the lawsociety weblink & scroll down till you see online application. Best of luck to you.

This is all I get:
    Exam Information

We are now accepting online FE-1 applications in certain circumstances. Please note both application and payment must be received by the Law Society by the deadline date.

Applications are now open for the March 2017 FE-1 exam - apply by Friday 27 January 2017:

Download the March 2017 application form

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

This is all I get:

Im not sure so l know l applied online for the last sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

OK so, if I am leaving out the case-note question in EU, would it be insane for me to also not do the Freedoms and Citizenship chapters? I'd cover everything else obviously. But would this just be cutting it way too thin in terms of getting 5 questions??

I just find those freedoms and citizenship chapters to be so unbelievably long. Can't imagine trying to do the notes for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Phyrexian

OK so, if I am leaving out the case-note question in EU, would it be insane for me to also not do the Freedoms and Citizenship chapters? I'd cover everything else obviously. But would this just be cutting it way too thin in terms of getting 5 questions??

I just find those freedoms and citizenship chapters to be so unbelievably long. Can't imagine trying to do the notes for it now.

How much of the course is that as a total? I haven't done the EU FE1 it seems like a big chunk of EU law in general? Has it come up a lot?

Anyone else going to the Training Contract contract seminar? Reminding everyone it's coming up! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

Free Movement of Goods and Citizenship came up as two separate questions in October. Not sure what advice to give you; I didn't do the case note and left out Institutions/Sources but covered absolutely everything else. You could get lucky but I'd recommend at least having a look over the Freedoms. There were a couple of two-parters dealing with different topics on the October paper as well; it seems to be harder to leave things out now.

Also; there's an overlap to some extent with the cases of Free Movement of People and Citizenship, plus there's a lot of handy legislation in the book you can take in so that's something to bear in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaranF1

Would anyone be able to donate updated grids for Contract, Criminal, Company, Property or Equity? All of mines are out of date. :( Can swap for notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭L124

smeal wrote: »
    Anybody awaiting recheck results...

I rang the Law Society as I seen the date for results had been removed- apparently the results were posted to anybody awaiting rechecks on Thursday and won't be available online

Hey smeal, got my recheck result on Friday and absolutely no change to it at all - suppose can blame Friday the 13th.
    Maybe it's a good sign you've yet to get yours back!

Thinking of doing the property exam in march just wondering can anyone give me any advice on what to cover - what the patterns are etc? Apparently it's a very predictable paper but I don't have a grid for it or anything so any help would be amazing. Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

L124 wrote: »
    Hey smeal, got my recheck result on Friday and absolutely no change to it at all - suppose can blame Friday the 13th.

Hi L124! Same situation here.. back to the drawing board haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mockman

does anyone know what injunctions question came up in October 16? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

where are people at with the study?I've written contract notes doing criminal now then two left

Something doesnt see right nobody who got rechecks have had any results changed. Usually they be a few who got results changed in other exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawbee3

Something doesnt see right nobody who got rechecks have had any results changed. Usually they be a few who got results changed in other exams.

I got two changed up to 50 from 48 delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

lawbee3 wrote: »

Congrats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Wonderstruck

lawbee3 wrote: »

Congrats!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

Thinking of doing the property exam in march just wondering can anyone give me any advice on what to cover - what the patterns are etc? Apparently it's a very predictable paper but I don't have a grid for it or anything so any help would be amazing. Thanks guys!

Always two questions on succession every year - dead handy as you get to bring in Succession Act to exam.

Co-ownership nearly always comes up too as well as Treasure Trove.

Beyond that - id say mortgages and family property.

Best of luck - very doable exam IMO

Dunne1995 wrote: »
    Always two questions on succession every year - dead handy as you get to bring in Succession Act to exam.

Co-ownership nearly always comes up too as well as Treasure Trove.

Beyond that - id say mortgages and family property.

Best of luck - very doable exam IMO

Brilliant thank you! After passing two (Constitutional and Tort) and failing my third of my first three that is perhaps the best news I could have gotten. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Brilliant thank you! After passing two (Constitutional and Tort) and failing my third of my first three that is perhaps the best news I could have gotten. Thank you!

Adverse Possession is also a good bet!

Adverse Possession is also a good bet!

thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ferry.Man

What are people thinking of doing for EU? Doing my first four exams in March and only going through the EU manual now and there is a lot to cover. Also doing Criminal, Equity and Property.

• Advertisement

Ferry.Man wrote: »
    What are people thinking of doing for EU? Doing my first four exams in March and only going through the EU manual now and there is a lot to cover. Also doing Criminal, Equity and Property.

There is alot to cover in EU. I havnt sat it myself but from what l hear you can not leave a whole lot out so be prepared to put alot of work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Hi,

Can someone please post a link to the new version of the Companies Act which we're allowed to take in with us please? Or even a pic of the front page.. want to make sure I order the right one. I think the old one was purple on the front

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

When it comes to EU, is it only highlighting and underlining that is allowed on the Treaties and Legislation? I am guessing tabbing the pages to make it easier to get to the relevant treaties / legislation isn't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

When it comes to EU, is it only highlighting and underlining that is allowed on the Treaties and Legislation? I am guessing tabbing the pages to make it easier to get to the relevant treaties / legislation isn't allowed.

You can tab but you can't write anything on the tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Has anyone found out how to pay for the exams online? Trying to find the link for feels like doing a Fe1 question itself! All I see is a phrase saying payment online available in certain situations but I don't see a link unless I'm blind.

cup of tea wrote: »
    Has anyone found out how to pay for the exams online? Trying to find the link for feels like doing a Fe1 question itself! All I see is a phrase saying payment online available in certain situations but I don't see a link unless I'm blind.

I would say email them at lawschool@lawsociety.ie & ask them to send you the link to apply online by email. Hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

Hi does anyone have an up to date Tort grid please? I have mostly up to date grids for all other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 angelicapickle

Does anyone have a grid for the case notes question for Constitutional? I have grids for all 8 in return including a case notes grid for EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MarySmyth

Exam Books
    Has anyone legislative sources for sale?
    COMPANY
    The Companies Act 2014 OR Bloomsbury Professional’s Companies Act 2014

CONTRACT
    Sale of Goods Act 1893 and the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Wonderstruck

MarySmyth wrote: »
    Exam Books
    Has anyone legislative sources for sale?
    COMPANY
    The Companies Act 2014 OR Bloomsbury Professional’s Companies Act 2014

CONTRACT
    Sale of Goods Act 1893 and the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980.

Hey - we're not allowed to sell things direct from the thread but if you just don't know where to buy them you can buy them here direct from the Office of Public Works http://www.opw.ie/en/governmentpublications/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement