Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lawstudentirl1

Does anyone have Examiner Reports for the October 2017 sittings of Company, EU, Contract and Equity?

Willing to trade for manuals for any of those subjects or grids up to October for them.

Re-sitting three of those subjects. Failed one so need to do them all again!

Mod
    Apart from swapping exam grids pls do not trade stuff thru' this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Hey, was wondering if anyone could pass along grids for Constitutional, Contract, Criminal and Equity? Only just had someone tell me they exist, would really appreciate any help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Constitutional Law:

For an essay question on un-enumerated rights, is the right to earn a livelihood an un-enumerated right?

It seems that some people say it falls under 40.3.1 or 40.3.2 but in my manual it is under the heading of un-enumerated rights? Just a bit confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

For an essay question on un-enumerated rights, is the right to earn a livelihood an un-enumerated right?

It seems that some people say it falls under 40.3.1 or 40.3.2 but in my manual it is under the heading of un-enumerated rights? Just a bit confused.

Constitutional Law:

My manual just says that it's an unresolved issue and discusses cases - cafolla and hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lawstudentirl1

Does anyone have Examiner Reports for the October 2017 sittings of Company, EU, Contract and Equity?

Willing to trade for manuals for any of those subjects or grids up to October for them.

Re-sitting three of those subjects. Failed one so need to do them all again!

Mod
    Apart from swapping exam grids pls do not trade stuff thru' this forum

Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Fe12017

Hi all,

Does anybody have up to date exam grids for Criminal and Equity? If so, can you please PM me

I have up to date grids for Contract, Tort and Property.

Thanks
    :)

Constitutional:

Anybody know the significance of the case of Howlin v Morris?

It was stated somewhere that they cannot claim privilege as it was not self-executing? Does anybody know what this means?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Becks63976

Does anybody think the classification of offences will come up for criminal law. It has shown up that last two sittings

• Registered Users Posts: 13 9292

Can anyone advise what came up on each Company question on October 2017, or have a most up to date grid up to October 17? Thanks

Have a Constitutitional up to October 17 which can swap for most recent Company 17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Constitutional:

Anybody know the significance of the case of Howlin v Morris?

It was stated somewhere that they cannot claim privilege as it was not self-executing? Does anybody know what this means?
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/howlin-wins-court-challenge-to-tribunal-1.383301
    This article gives a pretty good overview of it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Backfire31

Becks63976 wrote: »
    Does anybody think the classification of offences will come up for criminal law. It has shown up that last two sittings

This is the reason why I failed criminal, study both, no predicting them.

Anyone have EU law grid including October 2017? Have most upto date grid for company, eu and tort that can be exchanged

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Backfire31 wrote: »
    This is the reason why I failed criminal, study both, no predicting them.

Agreed, I barely scraped a pass and I think it was because of the additional lines I threw in about minor/non minor etc. It wont take long to study and any additional line over and above the subject matter such as a reference to sentence etc will push you over the pass line.

Constitutional Law:

In relation to equality, does anybody know what happened in the case of Murtagh Properties v Cleary?

I am trying to compare it to the Quigley decision. In Quigley it was an enemnation of the state and Murtagh was the owner of the bar. How would this effect the outcome of the decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 edunne1994

'Critically evaluate the leg. protection afforded to spouses and same sex couples in relation to family property in Ireland'

Does anyone know how you would go about answering this question in relation to same sex couples since the marriage referendum? Has anything changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What happened in contract in the october sitting? was it bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

Hi guys,

Out of curiosity how long do people
    generally spend studying for these exams? I’m in my final year at the moment, and planning to take 4 in October 2018... Is three months enough time while also working? Possibly have an internship also. Is this do able ? or way too ambitious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

edunne1994 wrote: »
    'Critically evaluate the leg. protection afforded to spouses and same sex couples in relation to family property in Ireland'

Does anyone know how you would go about answering this question in relation to same sex couples since the marriage referendum? Has anything changed?

Its very well explained in the examiners reports
    I dont have it to hand now but the examiner guides you through the Acts and key sections.
    Part 4 of the 2010 act affords same protection to same sex couples as it does to spouses.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Would anyone be in a position to pin point the main changes to the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 as amended by the 2015 Act please.
    Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

Hi does anyone have a Contract or Tort grid they would be willing to send me?
    Many thanks in advance :)

I have others to swap!

@Jazzy.patty89 yeah I can send you the grids!

Mod. Pls do not discuss Examiners on this forum. Remarks deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

What are everyone's thoughts on sitting all 8 fe1s in OCT? does anyone know someone who has attempted all 8 ?

jus_me wrote: »
    What are everyone's thoughts on sitting all 8 fe1s in OCT? does anyone know someone who has attempted all 8 ?

My friend did all 8 last year started studying in April and he passed 6, he didn’t recommend it..I’m taking 4 in October! i’ll be after studying for the summer and thinking about the Grif college prep course!

I'm doing the Griffith Prep in June! I'm going to attempt 8 and start studying next month I'm under no illusion that I'll get all 8 but hopefully I'll have a chance of getting 6 or so

I'm doing the Griffith Prep in June! I'm going to attempt 8 and start studying next month I'm under no illusion that I'll get all 8 but hopefully I'll have a chance of getting 6 or so

If you start next month you’d probably be in for a good chance! Are you doing the in class or online course out of curiosity? I’m torn between the two...

100% online as I work 4 days a week. I've done the Griffith online degree and find it to be really good. Any tips for attempting all 8 welcome :)

Anyone any suggestions on what to exclude for Tort / what definites to cover for this sitting?

I would say you are crazy to do so!!:pac:

• Advertisement

9292 wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions on what to exclude for Tort / what definites to cover for this sitting?

Economic torts and defamation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement