Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LucBetton

jus_me wrote: »
    Is anyone attempting all 8 in Oct 2018?

Has anyone previously known someone to attempt all 8?

I'll be finishing my law degree in May and doing the Griffith prep course but I've started study now.

I don't expect to pass all 8 but I want to see how many I can get over with first time round.

Currently studying for eight and planning to try them in March. It's in essence like doing the leaving certificate all over again. I'm surprised more people don't to it to be honest, but that being said I'd only do it if I had to..

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jcarroll07

LucBetton wrote: »
    Currently studying for eight and planning to try them in March. It's in essence like doing the leaving certificate all over again. I'm surprised more people don't to it to be honest, but that being said I'd only do it if I had to..

Personally I preferred the leaving cert. But if you mean rote learning, retention and then regurgitating yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cjaybcjayb

Does anyone have any good materials on tort? the ones i have are terrible i think :-( Can trade for stuff on other subjects

Mod
    Pls, apart from swapping exam grids, not trade nor swap material thru this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

LucBetton wrote: »

How did you study for 8? did you have a strategy that worked well so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Constitutional Law:

Does anybody have a list of case notes they are studying? I do not know where to start studying for them and I do not even know which ones can be asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Hi does anyone have a Contract or Tort grid they would be willing to send me?
    Many thanks in advance :)

I have others to swap!

Whats your email?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 goconquer

I have a Constitutional grid I will swap for Equity if you are still looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

I recommend the class courses. Very different and its on in the evening. I work full time and a single parent and I did the classes. You can also study in the library that's how I went about it and passed 7. Failed one by 4 points .
    Be very very strict with yourself make a plan for what to cover every day and do not skip the study even if you are sick. I took notes with me even on holidays.

Defamation and passing off did not come up last sitting. I would say is very likely to come up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

Lumi77 wrote: »
    I recommend the class courses. Very different and its on in the evening. I work full time and a single parent and I did the classes. You can also study in the library that's how I went about it and passed 7. Failed one by 4 points .
    Be very very strict with yourself make a plan for what to cover every day and do not skip the study even if you are sick. I took notes with me even on holidays.

That’s interesting. Suppose it’s handy for people in and around Dublin but late classes for anyone that commutes isn’t ideal. I wonder do you get the same feedback with lecturers though... probably not. Well done on passing 7 that’s amazing!

• Advertisement

Thank you
    I traveled from Kildare every evening and got home at 11.30pm.
    its possible,
    And the lecturers are very good ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Defamation and passing off did not come up last sitting. I would say is very likely to come up now.

God I hope so, passing off is so handy and I'm very familiar with defamation because of work!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

kasey0123 wrote: »
    That’s interesting. Suppose it’s handy for people in and around Dublin but late classes for anyone that commutes isn’t ideal. I wonder do you get the same feedback with lecturers though... probably not. Well done on passing 7 that’s amazing!

The online lectures are great. You can watch them in your own time. You can submit homework and get feedback by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

yournerd wrote: »
    Whats your email?
    I sent ya a private message with it earlier today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kim_Ber_Ley93

Does any one have a tort grid? :) i have other grids to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jcarroll07

Anyone have up to date grids for contract, company, EU and criminal. I'm afraid I have little to offer in return other then gratitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Constitutional Law:

Does anybody know the law in relation to inviolability of the dwelling?

I am confused between the cases of DPP v Corrigan and DPP (Riordan) v Molloy

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fe12017

Hi all,

Does anybody have an up to date criminal law grid (incl the October 2017 sitting)?

I can share ones for Tort, Equity, Contract and Property.

This is going to seem like a stupid question but... does anyone know whether we can write in pencil on the exam? I have looked at the rules, mentions nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

This is going to seem like a stupid question but... does anyone know whether we can write in pencil on the exam? I have looked at the rules, mentions nothing.

Usually isn't recommended to do any exam in pencil because it can get smudged and blurred etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanMcG123

Anyone know what happens where a contract is made with a minor and it doesn't fall under the exceptions??

Any predictions for Equity this time around? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Backfire31

Using an older manual for equity...... in relation to mareva injunctions can anyone tell me if the dadourian principles have been accepted in this jurisdiction? Cheers ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fe1exams2018

Does anyone have an up to date grid (including October 2017) for either Constitutional or Criminal? Have up to date Tort incl. October 2017 to swap.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

RyanMcG123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens where a contract is made with a minor and it doesn't fall under the exceptions??
    Voidable at the will of the minor either when they attain the age of majority or shortly thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 b.anna

Hey could anyone tell me where to buy companies act 2014 since we can't print it from the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

b.anna wrote:
    Hey could anyone tell me where to buy companies act 2014 since we can't print them from the internet.

From the OPW, Amazon.. there's a few other sites you can order it from too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 b.anna

Anyone selling companies act 2014 ? ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

Companies Act is on donedeal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

jus_me wrote: »
    What are everyone's thoughts on sitting all 8 fe1s in OCT? does anyone know someone who has attempted all 8 ?

Well if it's 8 in October .... what's the point? I mean, if you plan to start a Traineeship you'll have March 2019 too. Maybe do 5. Or, 6 if semi-mad. But, 8 is just pure madness IMHO. Esp when you have a March sitting too.
    You might be a bit naive to the volume involved. I've been through the BCL, and found these exams a different animal. They'll suck the joy from your life....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement