Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Arsenal Saturday 5.30 KO BT Sport

• 04-03-2017 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then the big sh*t the bed game of the weekend and maybe all season!

Liverpool's form has been wretched but as most of it has been outside the Prem games it's not had a great impact on the chances of a Top 4 finish - yet. Clearly though the sort of utterly lackadaisical football that saw Leicester win 3-1 simply cannot continue if Klopp is to match his words with deeds. On the injury list Sturridge continues his absence (don't ask), Hendo is out for this game as is Lovren almost certainly even if he is training. Ings and Grujic are also missing.

The only crumb of comfort for the home side is their record against the rest of the top third this season, which is exemplary - no defeats and 4 draws (Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd twice).

Arsenal's record is by contrast pretty bad (5 points won v 15) but purely on chance Liverpool will probably lose a top 6 encounter at some point. I'll let a Gooner explain why things are so awful right now but I think the injury list for Arsenal is just Elneny and Cazorla which is a remarkable achievement for the club! :D

Guardian guesswork sez

844_jpg_w_620_q_55_auto_format_usm_12_fit_max_s.jpg

Oh and I'm not going to apologise for starting this thread as form is the managers and players responsibility and clearly not some voodoo-witchcraft nonsense created by a poster on the internet.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Oh and I'm not going to apologise for starting this thread as form is the managers and players responsibility and clearly not some voodoo-witchcraft nonsense created by a poster on the internet.
    Y'er doooomed!!! Just sent a message to Wenger to put the champagne on ice....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The only crumb of comfort for the home side is their record against the rest of the top third this season, which is exemplary - no defeats and 4 draws (Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd twice).

Arsenal's record is by contrast pretty bad (5 points won v 15) but purely on chance Liverpool will probably lose a top 6 encounter at some point. .

So what you are saying is 4 points from 12 (at home) is exemplary but 5 points from 15 is pretty bad (which also includes away games)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Has the makings of a good game. Two technically gifted sides with a heap of players softer than an omelette.

With the likelihood that Emre Can plays in place of henderson, I fancy Arsenal to nick it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was looking forward to this game, expecting nothing less than a 1-4 shellacking now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im just gonna say one thing,if can plays we will lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ratracer

It's liverpool vs a top 6 team, easy win for the pool, followed by a hammering next week by Burnley!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So what you are saying is 4 points from 12 (at home) is exemplary but 5 points from 15 is pretty bad (which also includes away games)?

Arsenal have won 5 points against the other top 6 sides and Liverpool have won 15. Arsenal do have two games in hand over Liverpool in this mini league though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Arsenal have won 5 points against the other top 6 sides and Liverpool have won 15. Arsenal do have two games in hand over Liverpool in this mini league though.

Ah thanks, I read it wrongly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ozil is injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

It's on BT sports not Sky Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Liverpool 4-3.

It has the making of a classic.

Liverpool's form has been wretched but as most of it has been outside the Prem games it's not had a great impact on the chances of a Top 4 finish - .....

WTF?

6 pts from 7 pl games is most of our bad form.

We've gone from clear 2nd to 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Augeo wrote: »
    WTF?

6 pts from 7 pl games is most of our bad form.

We've gone from clear 2nd to 5th.

That's quite the statistic :p
    6 pts in 7 PL games :(

Only sunderland (5 pts), Leicester (4 pts), M'Boro (4 pts) & b'Mouth (2 pts) are worse in 2017.

Awful

Our team & squad is better than 6 pts in 7 games, the team was full strength except for Henderson (and Lovren who isn't great to be fair more often than not) on Monday and after a warm weather training camp.

Our current problem is 6 pts from 7 consecutive league games in a season, add in the cup games and I doubt there's anything as bad in the last 27 years.

Don't get me wrong, 6 pts from 7 PL games is a disgrace from our squad.
    Our team & squad is most certainly better than 6 pts in 7 pl games.
    Worst case scenario we need to be able to shut up shop and grind out results to put points on the board during turbulent times... 6 pts from 7 games & 2 cup exits in two calender months is not far off a free fall .... we were challenging for the PL title 8 games ago and the transfer window just about to open.
    We are looking at 6 pts from 7 PL games now, that's not far off relegation form. Add in all the cup games in 2017 and we are on the worse run I can recall. I'm not going to bother finding out how far back you have to go to see a worse run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Finally an easy game, if only we could play top 6 every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

3-1 to Liverpool.

5starpool wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this game, expecting nothing less than a 1-4 shellacking now though.

Type of game Liverpool could win well.
    Arsenal are anything but direct.
    The only game Liverpool play is pressing and if they do it well Arsenal will melt.
    Henderson missing is your main problem however.

Here's hoping for the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Liverpool are pretty terrible and their one trick pony tactic is easy to circumvent If Wenger has actually done any tactics for the game id expect an easy arsenal win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Think Wenger will do a Spurs and go there in a naive manner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsenal are in such a poor run of form at the moment. Incapable of putting in a performance for 90 minutes.

Liverpool supporters I see your Can and I raise you Coquelin. He used to do a job but he just doesn't cut it anymore. A liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Was thinking a few days ago that this game would finish 3-3 with both teams playing like clowns at the back. Now that Ozil is apparently out, I can only see a Liverpool win. If Liverpool get an early goal or two this could get ugly for Arsenal. I've absolutely no confidence in this Arsenal side to turn up away from home against a top side with the crowd behind them. 3-1 Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Was thinking a few days ago that this game would finish 3-3 with both teams playing like clowns at the back. Now that Ozil is apparently out, I can only see a Liverpool win. If Liverpool get an early goal or two this could get ugly for Arsenal. I've absolutely no confidence in this Arsenal side to turn up away from home against a top side with the crowd behind them. 3-1 Liverpool.

Us Liverpool fans don't have much confidence in our own team either at the minute!

That's quite the statistic :p

Indeed. Folks seem oblivious to it though.... most of our bad form in the cup....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Liverpool are pretty terrible and their one trick pony tactic is easy to circumvent If Wenger has actually done any tactics for the game id expect an easy arsenal win

If it is so easy how come spurs and Utd struggled so much. Surely Jose would know how to circumvent these tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've so far been absolutely certain that both teams will win and it'll be a draw. Honestly no clue really what will happen here. Funny the fact it's at Anfield could help arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

niallo27 wrote: »
    If it is so easy how come spurs and Utd struggled so much. Surely Jose would know how to circumvent these tactics.

Two draws isn't exactly awful. In the first game ye we're in the middle of your purple patch and in the second it was just before your slump.

Also it can't be denied that Liverpool have been game raising for the bug teams all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Jayop wrote: »
    Two draws isn't exactly awful. In the first game ye we're in the middle of your purple patch and in the second it was just before your slump.

Also it can't be denied that Liverpool have been game raising for the bug teams all season.
    I'd say Liverpool will squash them.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Everything points to a Liverpool win. Their best performances and results have been against top 6 opposition. Arsenal have a poor record at Anfield(I think!) and Liverpools pressing game won't suit Arsenal at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lesser teams have got around the press by lumping to big men and hitting quickly on the break so theres a blue print there, it will require Arsenal to put in a defensive shift and with the passenger Ozil injured, those chances have increased greatly already.

Its the perefect game to start Giroud, not many better link up men in the league, with Iwobi and Sanchez off him, although Walcott will probably get the nod in a front three.

I still expect Liverpool to win though by the odd goal but Arsenal have a decent record at Anfield in the last 2 or 3 years, it took late golas for Pool to rescue results against Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

2-2 I think. Hope I'm wrong. Hope it's 5-0 to Liverpool and Arsenal TV will be gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

3-1 or 4-1 to Pool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Arsenal slight favourites, Liverpool in bad form and there for the taking at the back.

Liverpool 3-0 Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't see us getting anything from this but Arsenal could be distracted by the possibility of a historic CL second leg draw against Bayern this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

1-1 draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Sanchez isn't starting for Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sanchez isn't starting for Arsenal.

It has to be a knock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

SlickRic wrote: »
    It has to be a knock.

He's on the bench though so can't be that bad I guess.If he comes on flies around the place and scores a goal I can't wait to read the reaction on the Arsenal thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Welbeck and Giroud is interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Liverpool will give them a hiding this evening

5-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Welbeck and Giroud is interesting.

System change. Going more direct I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No Sanchez well Arsenal TV is going to be fun after the match no matter the result.

Xhaka to get sent off early as Liverpool still can't break down Arsenal and lose 0-2 with a couple of goals on the break, Walcott to get the second in the 88th minute to kill the game off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

NukaCola wrote: »
    System change. Going more direct I'd say.

If Leicester game is anything to go by that's the way to play against Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Lads stuck on graftonstreet, where is nearest/beat place to watch game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mercantile on Dame Street will have it, and a load of Arsenal fans. Not sure where Pool fans go

If you are the Stephen's green end, Sinnott's has loads of screens for watching football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I do like Klopp in interviews.. gonna give them the benefit of the doubt here and hope the Leicester game woke them up.. 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Sinnotts pub on South King Street, beside the Stephens Green shopping centre, will show it for definite. Think Liverpool will steam roll Arsenal just like Spurs. Arsenal have a terrible record against the other top six sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No your worse no we are worse. I don't know what the **** will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No idea how this is going to go.

Considering how ****e we were last week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement