Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Arsenal Saturday 5.30 KO BT Sport

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wonder if there will be any articles on the effect of klopps pressing game taking its toll on the team this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No worries then Blud, Best of luck against Bayern blud and hopefully we will both keep utd out of the top four

Haha wtf "blud"?

Oh and he's a Utd fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No worries then Blud, Best of luck against Bayern blud and hopefully we will both keep utd out of the top four

He supports United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dunno why people were saying there was an offside in the 1st goal nobody was offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Dunno why people were saying there was an offside in the 1st goal nobody was offside

Coutinho was in the build up.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Coutinho was in the build up.

Ball was not played to him, it went out to the right so was not offside

Ball was not played to him, it went out to the right so was not offside

Is it not the same phase of play, or is that section of the rule gone now?

Genuine question btw because I remember there was always ambiguity about that when it first came in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

is this the bludhaven thread all of a sudden.

Genuine question btw because I remember there was always ambiguity about that when it first came in.

Player has to touch the ball or make an effort to play it to be offside now.

Look at one of the Southampton goals today, Southampton player was standing beside the Watford goal keeper and jumped up out of the way of the ball and was not given offside.

I think it is a load of crap and too confusion should just go back to the way it was were there has to be 2 defending players between the highest attacker and the goal line would cut out so much issues

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It hasn't been that way for ages surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If a player is interfering with play he's offside. Coutinho dummyed the ball so I would consider that offside. Origi offside for the last goal also I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

adox wrote: »
    Haha wtf "blud"?

Oh and he's a Utd fan.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    He supports United.
    Arsenal have more class than sacking a man whose kept them in the top 3 and brought them success over a sustained period of 20 plus years. He will be afforded the respect to choose when he leaves.

Well then hopefully Utd will stop utd from getting to the top 4 ;)

If a player is interfering with play he's offside. Coutinho dummyed the ball so I would consider that offside. Origi offside for the last goal also I think

What are you talking about? He was in an offside position for an earlier ball that wasn't played to him, not the one he dummied (or just missed I think as he tried to flick it). That does not constitute offside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Coutinho was not offside when the ball was played past him, Origi's nose was offside it's true.

Coutinho was not offside when the ball was played past him, Origi's nose was offside it's true.

In fairness Origi was well offside when the ball was played to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

In fairness Origi was well offside when the ball was played to him.

He wasn't though. Watching it back he is definitely offside, but you can't say he was "well offside." There was barely even half a yard in it.

Ya, his feet were on, but he was off because of his head position, so while he was off, saying he was well off is a bit of an exaggeration. Anyhow, given that there were only a couple of mins of injury time left at that stage it hardly mattered really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't know what all the hate on here is about anyway Liverpool and Arsenal have had a very similar last ten years , selling star players both having a few tilts at the title and picking up a few cups along the way but still both sets of fans are left frustrated

Arsene Wenger has lost the dressing room in my opinion the 1st half performances since the turn of the year have been toxic and its not going to change anytime soon. again much like liverpool I don't think ...In my opinion I don't think either of us are going to get champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, his feet were on, but he was off because of his head position, so while he was off, saying he was well off is a bit of an exaggeration. Anyhow, given that there were only a couple of mins of injury time left at that stage it hardly mattered really.

Yeah I don't think that was important really. I was more annoyed at Emre Can somehow getting off a second yellow with his injury routine, not that we deserved anything though

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't think that was important really. I was more annoyed at Emre Can somehow getting off a second yellow with his injury routine, not that we deserved anything though

That was a potential swing incident alright. I think I said yesterday that while he could be considered lucky, it was very hard for the ref to call that given that there were 2 Liverpool players challenging there so he'd have had to be fully sure it was Can at most fault (which it was I think) to give him a second yellow for it, and given the pace and way it happened it was very difficult to make that call. I can see why you'd be annoyed though, I would have been too the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

5starpool wrote: »
    That was a potential swing incident alright. I think I said yesterday that while he could be considered lucky, it was very hard for the ref to call that given that there were 2 Liverpool players challenging there so he'd have had to be fully sure it was Can at most fault (which it was I think) to give him a second yellow for it, and given the pace and way it happened it was very difficult to make that call. I can see why you'd be annoyed though, I would have been too the other way around.

Great post. He was certainly lucky as another ref would have produced a second yellow, but i still stand by what i said during the game itself that not every free kick has to result in a yellow.

Like you say, it was a tough call for the ref to make at the time, he may have even thought it was Matip who made the challenge.

I can understand Arsenal fan's frustration and wanting him to be sent off, i can understand their annoyance that Origi's forehead was offside for the third (the first goal simply wasn't offside), but they weren't the main stories of that match and if you perform the way Arsenal performed and made the decisions that Wenger made, you simply can't just hope for the opposing team to finish with a lesser number of players in the hope of getting something from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We had no shots on goal after Welbeck pulled one back.

We got exactly what we deserved from the game.

Advertisement