Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounting magazine/journals/news etc help!!

• 04-03-2017 1:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I really hope someone can help me

I am beginning to study CIMA and qualified in accounting technician

I want to increase my awareness and knowledge of current business/accountancy affairs and wish to subscribe or buy current magazines/books/journals or accountancy news subscriptions to keep up to date and knowledgeable etc

Does anyone have any recommendations of names for me to purchase either online or in stores e.g. :easons etc

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

BizPlus and Accountancy Ireland are the ones that come to mind.
    When you become a member of Accounting Technicians you get Accountancy Ireland for free with the membership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

tanit wrote: »
    BizPlus and Accountancy Ireland are the ones that come to mind.
    When you become a member of Accounting Technicians you get Accountancy Ireland for free with the membership

Thank you I will check out the above you mentioned thanks for your time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

The Sunday business post newspaper is also useful to understand the commercial aspects of current issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Humour Me wrote: »
    The Sunday business post newspaper is also useful to understand the commercial aspects of current issues.

Now that you say that I remember that years ago I used to buy the Sunday Times and their economy supplement was very good too. I also bought a couple of time the Sunday Business Post and it was also very good.

There was a UK newspaper/newsletter targeted at students - the name eludes me now.

You could sign up for the various institutes mailing lists.

Otherwise read the Financial Times every now and then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement