Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners cigar selection

Options
  • 04-03-2017 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good selection of cigars for a beginner to help me get to know my taste and what I like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭granturismo

I bought some samplers to start out, from Fox's and the Cigar Emporioum and didnt like most of them. Maybe they were new stock. Petersons dont have samplers on their website but there is one guy there that has been helpful on the few times I bought there.

If you're going to a major European city soon how about dropping into a cigar shop and ask them to make up a sampler. cigarworld.de might give you idea on sampler ranges but they dont ship to Ireland or UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I've just ordered some cigars from tntcigars.com I had some trouble paying so they've set up the Republic of Ireland on their shipping list. All their cigars are non Cuban and there's plenty of cheap types.
    Don't buy really cheap ones , there's no pleasure in smoking a bad cigar.
    Start with mild cigars. Check out plenty of YouTube channels, they have their own. There's some good cigars called range cigars on their website, about nine and a lighter for about 30 dollars, 25 postage I think.
    You may get stung for VAT , or you may not, be prepared, and pay it if you get caught.
    There are some great YouTube channels out there now on cigars. If you don't like your cigar, if it's dry or rubbish then just throw it away.
    All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Great link ^^^. It piss*s me off when I see how much cheaper Cigars are in the US compared to here. I remember being in Austin TX about 3 years ago and was buying my favourite cigars for a fraction of the price of here! You could literally just buy a cigar with a cup of coffee for $10! Same cigar here was roughly €20-€25!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Great link ^^^. It piss*s me off when I see how much cheaper Cigars are in the US compared to here. I remember being in Austin TX about 3 years ago and was buying my favourite cigars for a fraction of the price of here! You could literally just buy a cigar with a cup of coffee for $10! Same cigar here was roughly €20-€25!:mad:

The law's the law and all that, but in my opinion, there should be at least some nuance on the way tobaccos are taxed. For the vast majority cigar smokers, they are simply not consuming them in the fashion of cigarette smokers, e.g. only occasionally and not inhaling, thus lessening their health risk by magnitudes.

Advertisement