Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United vs Bournemouth

15678911»

Comments

• Only people who despise united or are on the rise would excuse this type of ****e like deliberately stamping on someone's head.

It doesn't justify an elbow reaction in sport but when somebody does that no matter in what medium its so humanly understandable to react.
    Funny to read the nonsense all the same who argue otherwise
    Good read and funny that it's still an ongoing "argument"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I keep hearing this said but it isn't necessarily true at all, a player with a job to do would easily be focused on doing that job and everything else is secondary. If Ming was fully focused on getting back into position he wouldn't think twice about what his foot just landed on, it could have been a hand or a shoulder or nothing at all considering it didn't trip him up. Who gives a toss, get back into position and worry about it after. I mean, what do you think his manager would say if United scored because Ming stopped to say sorry to an opposition player? He would **** him out of it and rightly so, it isn't a damn playground.

I'm a United fan and I think he meant it, but this idea of "apologising" is a load of rubbish, fully focused highly competitive sports people don't stop in the middle of an attack to apologise for anything.

And why would he apologise to a player who had thrown him to the ground a few minutes earlier?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Beasty wrote: »
    Could live with that:pac:

Transferring boards type ban lengths to the FA subconsciously there it seems.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Only people who despise united or are on the rise would excuse this type of ****e like deliberately stamping on someone's head.

It doesn't justify an elbow reaction in sport but when somebody does that no matter in what medium its so humanly understandable to react.

No one is excusing deliberate stamping to the head, several people though are far from convinced that it was deliberate. Big difference. I hae utd as much as the next man but that plays no part in my view. I would possibly be blinded by the team I support if it were a Liverpool player on the ground there, but it wasn't, and I'm judging the incident from the views I've seen of it, which is all I can do.

• 5starpool wrote: »
    No one is excusing deliberate stamping to the head, several people though are far from convinced that it was deliberate. Big difference. I hae utd as much as the next man but that plays no part in my view. I would possibly be blinded by the team I support if it were a Liverpool player on the ground there, but it wasn't, and I'm judging the incident from the views I've seen of it, which is all I can do.

I read so many excusing it. So how is your post even valid?
    The mental hoops people jump through

• Lol it wasn't deliberate
    Cop the **** on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Zlatan's original stamp being completely ignored by everyone now?

The only indecent anyone can say was on purpose was the elbow the two stamps the one Zlatan and the one by Mings may have been meant or both could have been trying to jump over the prone player and landed short.

Did Zlatan try and say sorry to Mings for landing on him no he dropped to the ground grabbed his ankle maybe to distract from his stamp. Mings may or may not have seen where Zlatan head was when he tried to jump over him while trying to get back to defend his goal like a good defender.

Also Zlatan a black belt in some martial art and without doubt one of the most physically strongest players in the league dropped like he was assassinated when a player shoved him for throwing the elbow no that was just pathetic.

Jaysis, have a bit of perspective Mick. You can be 100% positive it was a deliberate stamp on his head given how it played out, ya? If he was looking at his head when placing his foot then, sure, I'd buy it. You are one of the ones being blinded by the team you support I'm afraid.

Get your tinfoil hat ready anyway for the not insignificant chance Mings doesn't get charged. He probably will, but there is a reasonable chance he doesn't I reckon. Probably 70% chance he does, and about 90% chance Ibrahimovic gets charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

5starpool wrote: »
    You are one of the ones being blinded by the team you support I'm afraid

A lot of non United supporters thought it was fairly clear he meant it, including Jamie Carragher on sky.

• Advertisement

Jaysis, have a bit of perspective Mick. You can be 100% positive it was a deliberate stamp on his head given how it played out, ya? If he was looking at his head when placing his foot then, sure, I'd buy it. You are one of the ones being blinded by the team you support I'm afraid.

Get your tinfoil hat ready anyway for the not insignificant chance Mings doesn't get charged. He probably will, but there is a reasonable chance he doesn't I reckon. Probably 70% chance he does, and about 90% chance Ibrahimovic gets charged.
    This is an embarrassment of a post.
    And I thought you are a decent poster?!
    Continue to convince yourself the stamp was accidentally.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend lads!
    I blame myself for reposting in the thread in the first place!

Only people who despise united or are on the rise would excuse this type of ****e like deliberately stamping on someone's head.

Nobody is excusing a head stamp.

Surely you realise there's a difference between people saying it may not have been deliberate, and what you are insinuating? It's pretty straightforward.

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Nobody is excusing a head stamp.

Surely you realise there's a difference between people saying it may not have been deliberate, and what you are insinuating? It's pretty straightforward.

Ah yes robo in for the blind defence. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Everyone seems to forget the reckless challenge Mings put in on Rooney just before the stamp. How did Friend let that go ?..
    Some amount of ****e being spouted in this thread by ABU‘s. Some even seen Ibra trying to stamp on Mings ffs
    Mings knew exactly what he was doing

Ah yes robo in for the defence. ;)

You mean Roho? He wasn't even involved in the incident was he?

Have you seen the actual fouls? Think there's a few stills (not geat tbf) above

Sorry, I forgot there was only one way to see everything with no room for different interpretations at all.

I hope now that the FA don't charge Mings but do charge Ibrahimovic, it'd be great craic on here.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm a United fan and I'm not convinced. Equally there is a fair chance there was an element of intent. However if he really had intended to do some damage I am very sure he could have done. The fact that Zlatan actually got up from it just rubbing his head lends me to think there may not have been intent. However as I've already said only one person really knows and it's not one of us posting here.

Sorry, I forgot there was only one way to see everything with no room for different interpretations at all.

I hope now that the FA don't charge Mings but do charge Ibrahimovic, it'd be great craic on here.

K lol

I know you all hope they dont charge Mings and charge ibra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Robson99 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to forget the reckless challenge Mings put in on Rooney just before the stamp. How did Friend let that go ?..
    Some amount of ****e being spouted in this thread by ABU‘s. Some even seen Ibra trying to stamp on Mings ffs
    Mings knew exactly what he was doing

You mean when he got the ball clearly. It was a great challenge.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

it'd be great craic on here.

As one who may have to arbitrate on any fallout over here I disagree:P

Mick was on the beer all day I think.

• Advertisement

• niallo27 wrote: »
    Mick was on the beer all day I think.

Why?

Why?

You seem angry and you won't accept that someone might have a different point of view than you which is not like ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

niallo27 wrote: »
    You mean when he got the ball clearly. It was a great challenge.

It was reckless

• niallo27 wrote: »
    You seem angry and you won't accept that someone might have a different point of view than you which is not like ya.

I think it's hilarious that I count 3+ Liverpool fans spending there time on a Sunday night defending Ming's for stamping on ibras head deliberately
    So again why have I been on the sauce all day?

Beasty wrote: »
    I'm a United fan and I'm not convinced. Equally there is a fair chance there was an element of intent. However if he really had intended to do some damage I am very sure he could have done. The fact that Zlatan actually got up from it just rubbing his head lends me to think there may not have been intent. However as I've already said only one person really knows and it's not one of us posting here.

Good post. It's pure speculation whether intent was there or not.

How someone can say for definite either way has me baffled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You're intitled to your opinion. But your opinion is inconsistent.

You say that he was not looking at him, well neither was Zlatan with the elbow.

But even as a United fan we be laughed at if you said he did not mean it, rightly so.

Tinfoil indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Nalz wrote: »
    A lot of non United supporters thought it was fairly clear he meant it, including Jamie Carragher on sky.

And a few didn't, such as the two lads on MOTD last night (well, they said it's very hard to tell and nobody knows for sure).

My take on it is that Zlatan's initial stamp wasn't deliberate, and Mings wasn't deliberate either. Everything happens so fast, but even when watching in slow motion it's impossible, for me, to tell whether there is any intent by either.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Good post. It's pure speculation whether intent was there or not.

How someone can say for definite either way has me baffled.

You said both should have been sent off earlier.

I think it's hilarious that I count 3+ Liverpool fans spending there time on a Sunday night defending Ming's for stamping on ibras head deliberately
    So again why have I been on the sauce all day?

Can you show me these posts because I have not read them.

They should have.

• Advertisement

They should have.

No intent should mean no sending off. Thats inconsistent.

Both looked worthy of reds.

Only two people know the intent I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Any comment on Ibra's stamp?

Still does not add up. If no intent its no sending off. But you want Mings sent off.

Fair enough but its not a booking if no intent.

You're intitled to your opinion. But your opinion is inconsistent.

You say that he was not looking at him, well neither was Zlatan with the elbow.

But even as a United fan we be laughed at if you said he did not mean it, rightly so.

Tinfoil indeed

I didn't refer to the Ibrahimovic incident at all really other than to say I think it is more likely that he gets charged than Mings.

If if was a deliberate stamp on the head it should be a 6 month ban at least, I'm just far from convinced that it was. There was nothing unnatural about the way his foot came down as there would be if it was a stamp.

I don't care that ye think I'm being biased. While I don't hide the fact that I take pleasure in utd doing badly or having decisions go against them, I generally don't go out of my way to state things I don't actually believe just to start/take part in an argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Somebody on here talking sense at least.

They both knew what they were doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Some people just can't help but tie themselves in knots when there's an agenda at play.

I didn't refer to the Ibrahimovic incident at all really other than to say I think it is more likely that he gets charged than Mings.

If if was a deliberate stamp on the head it should be a 6 month ban at least, I'm just far from convinced that it was. There was nothing unnatural about the way his foot came down as there would be if it was a stamp.

I don't care that ye think I'm being biased. While I don't hide the fact that I take pleasure in utd doing badly or having decisions go against them, I generally don't go out of my way to state things I don't actually believe just to start/take part in an argument.

I have no problem with you disagreeing. Its a forum for discussion. And you know what you may be right, I dont think you are, but from what I see it was intent. Just the look before and actions after.

Its just the inconsistency in some posts I find bit strange.

I dont mind the biased or unbiased posts. We will always give the 50/50s or even more the for our own side.

Still does not add up. If no intent its no sending off. But you want Mings sent off.

Fair enough but its not a booking if no intent.

Both looked red to me and many others.

How are we supposed to know if they intended it? Can't imagine either will admit it. The ref obviously thought not but that may well be overturned.

• Advertisement

I have no problem with you disagreeing. Its a forum for discussion. And you know what you may be right, I dont think you are, but from what I see it was intent. Just the look before and actions after.

Its just the inconsistency in some posts I find bit strange.

I dont mind the biased or unbiased posts. We will always give the 50/50s or even more the for our own side.

Fair enough, Ijust don't think I've been inconsistent talking about this.

I said before that I think both will be charged by the FA, but not because I think both fully deserve to be charged. it'll be both or neither I reckon, depends what way the ref wants to spin his report.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Somebody on here talking sense at least.

They both knew what they were doing.

Only for the poster to question if they actually knew what they were doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement