Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United vs Bournemouth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

lertsnim wrote: »
    Of course you can. He is supposed to be professional. He and Mings both deserve bans.

To be honest I agree it's ridiculous but even the best professionals don't let that stuff go in the heat of the moment.

To be fair it's been an interesting game to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

duffman13 wrote: »
    How do you know what he seen? Both should have been sent off, ****in stupid stuff all around.

Zlatan and Mings will get retrospective bans, the ref will say he didn't see either incident no doubt

Ref should be retrospectively punished as well.
    Stamping on a players head is appalling stuff, the ref bottled it and that lead to the elbow incident.

Glazers Out!

noodler wrote: »
    Ref Bottled that big time.

Utd getting out of jail here.

Getting out of jail in what way? Ibra not being sent off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Absolutely sickening.

There will be a bit of justice in that Zlatan won't get a ban because the ref seen it but Mings should be chucked out of the game for a long time.

• noodler wrote: »
    Ref Bottled that big time.

Utd getting out of jail here.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Beasty wrote: »
    Zlatan is going to miss Chelsea in the cup on the back of that. TBH I would be taking him off and getting Rashford on, to save him from any more bother (including any possible further retaliation)

Hes gonna get a winner and the internet will meltdown. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Both will get retrospective bans. 3 game for violent conduct? Aguero got it earlier in the season for his elbow. Zlatan and mings will prob be the same.

Did Surman get the first yellow for the tackle on Shaw? That was a joke of a yellow. But he should have known better than to push zlatan over, who fell like a sack of spuds.

The case could be made for mings he was trying to vault zlatan and accidentally hit him. But zlatan's was absolutely deliberate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Video referral can't come in quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Jayop wrote: »
    Somebody stamps on you like that you nail the bastard the next chance you get.

Of course I would, however I am not a professional footballer playing to the rules of the game.
    To be honest I agree it's ridiculous but even the best professionals don't let that stuff go in the heat of the moment.

And rightfully they are punished for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Of course you can. He is supposed to be professional. He and Mings both deserve bans.

He is human, and a stamp on someone's head have been known to kill people, maybe one will say that is extreme but you would be up in court for serious assault and trying to inflict grievous bodily harm if one did that on the street.
    Maybe others will think twice about doing that to Zlatan again.

I am sickened by that stamp on the head, it is just such a dangerous thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Mings deserves a smack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho drops Zlatan at half time. He's involved in some sort of ongoing battle with Mings, on a yellow and I think the ref will be looking for anything to book him on in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

nullzero wrote: »
    Stamping on a players head is appalling stuff, the ref bottled it and that lead to the elbow incident.

The ref didn't see the head stamp so he couldn't punish him for something he didn't see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Getting out of jail in what way? Ibra not being sent off?

Of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Was the stamp in the penalty area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Carragher and Henry reckon he deserved a smack for the stamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Should be a 6 game ban from Mings. Disgraceful.

Terrible ref again.

• Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Both will hey retrospective bans. 3 game for violent conduct? Aguero got it earlier in the season for his elbow. Zlatan and mings will prob be the same.

Did Surman get the first yellow for the tackle on Shaw? That was a joke of a yellow. But he should have known better than to push zlatan over, who fell like a sack of spuds.

The case could be made for mings he was trying to vault zlatan and accidentally hit him. But zlatan's was absolutely deliberate.

And mings wasn't deliberate?
    Top top bantz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I love zlatan and he was dead ****ing right

United cant be pushed around in old Trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like how Ibrahimovic doesn't curl up and hold his head after the stamp, just checks who is getting smacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

nullzero wrote: »

To be fair I think it was very hard for him to see that stamp. Can't say I noticed anything in real time. Disgraceful act on replay and will no doubt get punished.

Not sure he saw the elbow either as even boruc in goal who was directly looking at the incident didn't go mad. Looks like there was a player in his way too on the replay but not sure why he ends up talking to him for so long then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Of course I would, however I am not a professional footballer playing to the rules of the game.

And rightfully they are punished for it.

Henry and Carragher agree with me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

dmc17 wrote: »
    Carragher and Henry reckon he deserved a smack for the stamp

He did.

BUT as a professional footballer, you don't get to dish out your own justice. It absolutely sucks when a ref misses something as bad as that, but you don't get carte blanche to launch an attack back.

Mings deserved the smack, but Ibra still broke the rules to deliver it. He should be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Mings should get 6-8 game ban for that

Nerdlingr wrote: »

Ah get the **** out of here, it was 100% deliberate even Jamie and Thierry in the studio are saying it's absolutely disgusting, both were deliberate and no matter what team ya support its extremely obvious

They say he should have walked as well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mings and Zlatan should both get bans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Get at Bournemouth from the start now finish this early.
    Wilshere probably come on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Doesn't make it right. Zlatan will get his three game ban and Mings a longer ban and rightfully so.

• Advertisement

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    He did.

BUT as a professional footballer, you don't get to dish out your own justice. It absolutely sucks when a ref misses something as bad as that, but you don't get carte blanche to launch an attack back.

Mings deserved the smack, but Ibra still broke the rules to deliver it. He should be gone.
    To be fair they both said it doesn't make it right but understand why someone would react

Ah get the **** out of here, it was 100% deliberate even Jamie and Thierry in the studio are saying it's absolutely disgusting, both were deliberate and no matter what team ya support its extremely obvious

I've watched it three or four times now, he clearly has a look for me.

Definitely deliberate, particularly coming so soon after a big tackle.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    And mings wasn't deliberate?
    Top top bantz

Cheers Mick. Coming from you that means a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Both should have been sent off just because Mings deserved a belt doesn't mean you can someone away with giving him one.You allow players to gain revenge whenever they like there would be anarchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

tastyt wrote: »
    I love zlatan and he was dead ****ing right

United cant be pushed around in old Trafford

He did fall over pretty easy for the push so in fairness for so called tough man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I don't think the ref would have given Surman a second yellow for the push if he'd realised he was on a yellow. The first was totally deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Kevin Friend having a mare. That Mings stamp on Zlatan was disgusting. Can't get much worse than that on a football pitch, extremely dangerous. Should be getting a massive ban after that. Id almost condone Zlatan for that elbow, almost.

noodler wrote: »
    Of course!

Sure Mings should have been sent of aswell then, 10 against 9 or 11 against 10 doesn't make much of a difference.

If you want to be really ****in pedantic then United were hard done as Mings should have got a straight red then Zlatan wouldn't have the chance to elbow. Zlatan was stupid but Mings was disgusting with that stamp, if he had of landed clean that could have been way worse than what we seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Ibra tried to stamp on mings first and missed, then feigned injury, Ming's just had better accuracy :)then ibra elbows Ming's and then dives on the ground when pushed.
    Mings will get banned
    Ibra should get 3 plus another 3 for inciting the whole thing and being an embarrassment through the whole event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its up there with Suarezs bite for being a thug, from Mings.

6 games for him, 3 for Ibra is my guess.

°°°°°

The ref didn't see the head stamp so he couldn't punish him for something he didn't see.

Only realising that now from replays. Mings should be ashamed of himself, Zlatan shouldn't have reacted but I'd probably have done the same or worse had someone jumped on my head.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    To be fair they both said it doesn't make it right but understand why someone would react

Not watching, but yeah. Understandable, but I don't agree with anyone who says he shouldn't have been sent off for it. You dish out vigilante justice, you've got to accept the consequences if you're caught :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mings certainly deserved a smack but it doesn't mean Ibra has free reign to do so. Both will get done for violent conduct anyway, not sure if the severity of the incident is taken into account but if it is then Mings will be looking at a longer ban I'd say.

°°°°°

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Ibra tried to stamp on mings first and missed, then feigned injury, Ming's just had better accuracy :)then ibra elbows Ming's and then dives on the ground when pushed.
    Mings will get banned
    Ibra should get 3 plus another 3 for inciting the whole thing and being an embarrassment through the whole event

Get the boat back to fantasy island there pal.

Glazers Out!

Sure Mings should have been sent of aswell then, 10 against 9 or 11 against 10 doesn't make much of a difference.

If you want to be really ****in pedantic then United were hard done as Mings should have got a straight red then Zlatan wouldn't have the chance to elbow. Zlatan was stupid but Mings was disgusting with that stamp, if he had of landed clean that could have been way worse than what we seen.

A man each, but the Surman one is so harsh. Particularly as all he did was "react" to an injustice the same way Zlatan did. (OK not exactly the same way).

• Fact that the ref spoke with the zlatan and Rooney on the decision means the fa are not in a position to retrospectively ban zlatan as the issue was dealt with

Mings on the other hand is open season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Forgetting the fouls, I think Bournemouth's pen was super soft and had it been given down the other end the narrative may have been different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Mings will get banned

And, how many should Mings get under your punishment system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd guess whatever Migs gets Ibra will get half of it. Presumably neither player or club will try to argue the toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Mings got all he deserved. Delighted for Bournemouth being down to 10 men. Whole incident back fired on them spectacularly.

I said that case could be made. Not that it was or wasn't deliberate. The two of them of them are obviously gonna get called up for violent conduct. Ming's could make the case his was accidental, in that he tries to vault him bit catches him by accident.

Jose throwing.in his two pence worth as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement