Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United vs Bournemouth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Possibly good for Chelsea if Zlatan gets a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

noodler wrote: »
    They say he should have walked as well though.

Never mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

dmc17 wrote: »
    And, how many should Mings get under your punishment system?

An award from the ABU society of Ireland.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

nullzero wrote: »
    Get the boat back to fantasy island there pal.

No sympathy of ibra he tried to stamp first, Ming's was just better at it I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fact that the ref spoke with the zlatan and Rooney on the decision means the fa are not in a position to retrospectively ban zlatan as the issue was dealt with

Mings on the other hand is open season

I'll be interested in the one.

Will the ref say he saw it when he sees it on TV?

I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

A man each, but the Surman one is so harsh. Particularly as all he did was "react" to an injustice the same way Zlatan did. (OK not exactly the same way).

Surman was harsh, won't argue with that to be fair, Surman shouldn't have got involved at all but the ref has handled it awfully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Fact that the ref spoke with the zlatan and Rooney on the decision means the fa are not in a position to retrospectively ban zlatan as the issue was dealt with

They need to change that rule. Kevin Friend lost control of the game there, completely bottled it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Do you know that? They were talking but beyond that...? 5live are reporting both will be subject to a review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Forgetting the fouls, I think Bournemouth's pen was super soft and had it been given down the other end the narrative may have been different.

Nah..clear pen. Moronic from Jones

• Advertisement

• Mings and ibra is gonna come to blows
    Ming's in on him again

How do you know he was talking about ibras elbow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Ibra tried to stamp on mings first and missed, then feigned injury, Ming's just had better accuracy :)then ibra elbows Ming's and then dives on the ground when pushed.
    Mings will get banned
    Ibra should get 3 plus another 3 for inciting the whole thing and being an embarrassment through the whole event

Lol.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think that only applies if he gave a yellow or a free kick for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Never thought this game would be like we are somehow bitter rivals.

Lol.

I thought it was funny

• Advertisement

• FixitFelix wrote: »
    How do you know he was talking about ibras elbow?

I dunno maybe he was talking about what a lovely day it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

This half is gonna be dirty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hope united players get back to concentrating on winning the match. Lost our way after we took the lead.

Need to kick on and win this game comfortably. Hopefully Ibra focuses on scoring this half as he missed two sitters in the first and made a balls of the Rooney pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Nah..clear pen. Moronic from Jones

Stonewall pen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

What? Sure we don't know what he said. He didn't book zlatan so it's still open season on him. If he hasn't dealt by booking him or didn't see the serious foul play then of course the fa can deal with it retrospectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Best way for Zlatan to get back is to get a couple of goals in the 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

You sure about that? I thought it would only be if Ibra got a yellow card that the FA couldn't then take further action.

I dunno maybe he was talking about what a lovely day it is

You're still making assumptions on what you know nothing about

No sympathy of ibra he tried to stamp first, Ming's was just better at it I'm afraid

Ah this is nonsense, seriously in a season in which Ryan Mason has had a serious head injury and Torres only the other night gave a lot of people a fright it's nice you can make such scummy remarks. Both players should have been sent off, Mings will get a huge ban I think and Zlatan will get a 3 game for violent conduct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've watched it three or four times now, he clearly has a look for me.

And did he find you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Both scummy acts, but Mings actually connected which is much worse really. He should get a 6 game ban, Ibra half that for his elbow, either way, Ibras getting the winner today.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Ah this is nonsense, seriously in a season in which Ryan Mason has had a serious head injury and Torres only the other night gave a lot of people a fright it's nice you can make such scummy remarks. Both players should have been sent off, Mings will get a huge ban I think and Zlatan will get a 3 game for violent conduct.

People can make excuses for ibra elbowing mings on the face ( which can cause the same injuries you mention above) but say nothing about him trying to stamp on mings, maybe Ming saw red just like ibra?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Zlatan gave Ming's a full force elbow into the face. Could a been a serious life threatening as well. Why not a huge ban for him too?

• FixitFelix wrote: »
    You're still making assumptions on what you know nothing about

I'm nearly certain they were ensuring the wire transfer was in place for the elbow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only thing ref's gotten right is the penalty. It's understandable, slightly, if he hasn't seen the incidents but that just makes a greater argument for video refereeing, but if he's seen either the stamp or the elbow and not done anything about them then that's really awful refereeing.

• Advertisement

Rooney playing well. Looking sharp while Ibra is very pedestrian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Keeper no longer having a MOTM performance :)

Scrap the cap!

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Both scummy acts, but Mings actually connected which is much worse really. He should get a 6 game ban, Ibra half that for his elbow, either way, Ibras getting the winner today.

I'm not denying they are but people seem to be deflecting any blame away from ibra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

We have height. Why cant we deliver a corner into the box??

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Zlatan gave Ming's a full force elbow into the face. Could a been a serious life threatening as well. Why not a huge ban for him too?

Because it's violent conduct as set out by the FA rules, an elbow is a three game ban. As I said both players should get a ban, to be honest I've seen enough head injuries on a pitch to last a lifetime.

Id be happy if a headbutt of elbow got a longer ban, however a stamp on the ground when a player is extremely vulnerable is in my opinion deserving of a longer ban

Keeper no longer having a MOTM performance :)

No back to it again. We need another fluke goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Another short corner wasted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The quality of football has been awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm not denying they are but people seem to be deflecting any blame away from ibra

No they aren't.

People are saying what he did was understandable but was still a scummy act, he should have been sent off and he will likely get a deserved ban.

You Sir are talking out of your hole.

• Advertisement

I'd like to see Herrera and Rashford on soon, get Carrick off now he's got the booking. Need to concentrate on getting the win now

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The quality of football has been awful.

I thought it was a very enjoyable game up till 40 mins to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well I can see why he reacted but you cant do it.

Barnes tried to end Matics career 2 seasons ago, Matic got up pushed him over and got sent off, unfortunately you cant take justice into your own hands so while I can see why he done it, you cant condone it really, it should be a ban but it wil be interesting to see what stance the FA take on both incidents, I'd expect Mings will get a lovely long break though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I don't think the ref would have given Surman a second yellow for the push if he'd realised he was on a yellow. The first was totally deserved.

The first was barely a foul, nevermind a yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Mata should be taking that. Its perfect for a left footer

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

The first was barely a foul, nevermind a yellow.

But the push isn't a yellow either. It's about being consistent. Ibra didn't get a booking earlier in the game for pushing Ming's to the ground so why did surman get one and get sent off as a result. It's terrible reffing

• Advertisement

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well I can see why he reacted but you cant do it.

Barnes tried to end Matics career 2 seasons ago, Matic got up pushed him over and got sent off, unfortunately you cant take justice into your own hands so while I can see why he done it, you cant condone it really, it should be a ban but it wil be interesting to see what stance the FA take on both incidents, I'd expect Mings will get a lovely long break though.

Nobody is deflecting blame, he's raving
    Everybody has said the elbow wasn't right but can understand why
    It's in the posts when the incident happened first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ibra screamer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Rashford for Mata I think. Need runs behind back 4 and some crosses across 6 yard box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jones is not at the races

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Because it's violent conduct as set out by the FA rules, an elbow is a three game ban. As I said both players should get a ban, to be honest I've seen enough head injuries on a pitch to last a lifetime.

Id be happy if a headbutt of elbow got a longer ban, however a stamp on the ground when a player is extremely vulnerable is in my opinion deserving of a longer ban

Yeah it should be a six, but will be three

Cowardly from both

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement