Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United vs Bournemouth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Weren't you crying your eyes out about Utd fans winding you up last week? If you don't like that, don't engage in it yourself.

Woah.

Theres a clear distinction between "haha utd" and criticising your deluded victimisation interpretation of the game.

I've already said Mings meant it, Arter should have gone etc.

I've been fairly even-handed.

Criticising that performance by Bournemouth is just toys out of your pram behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh Zlatan tried to stamp on him first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

noodler wrote: »
    Woah.

Theres a clear distinction between "haha utd" and criticising your deluded victimisation interpretation of the game.

I've already said Mings meant it, Arter should have gone etc.

I've been fairly even-handed.

Criticising that performance by Bournemouth is just toys out of your pram behaviour.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Carragher is spot on about Tyrone Mings' reaction. That's why i think the stamp was intentional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So Zlatan tries to stamp on Mings' arse. Mings stamps on Zlatan's head. Zlatan fires an elbow into Ming's head. Arter gets a Pogba shoulder into the jaw and is laid out but the referee is happy to play around him.

Cracking game of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Yep.

We should have been out of sight before half time.

I'm not even annoyed.

We had more than enough chances.

I said we would make a hames of this game after the Liverpool Leicester game and we didn't disappoint.

We do not deserve to finish in the top 4, not by a long shot.

The consistency of sides outside of Chelsea (slightly biased :o ) is crazy, nobody is able to put together a run it seems, especailly in games where youd reasonably expect a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

blueser wrote: »
    Well done to the Cherries. Despite nearly everything conspiring against them, getting a point at OT is still something of an achievement, though not so much as it was in Ferguson's time. And they were well worth it, if only for their resilience when utd put the hammer on them in the second half.

City fans favorite word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lol

Glad you are over the butthurt dished out by big bad Bournemouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

monkey9 wrote: »
    Carragher is spot on about Tyrone Mings' reaction. That's why i think the stamp was intentional.

Yeah no doubt Zlatan stamps on him first but it his reaction makes me think it's not intentional

Jose ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I can't believe you are being serious. Is that really how you saw that game?
    In my honest opinion, yes. If you don't take your chances (as we know only too well from last autumn), you deserve what you get. You had most of the possession (to be expected at OT) and most of the chances. But you were wasteful. Missing penalties (as we know with Aguero) is wasteful, no other word for it. You obviously disagree with me, judging by your comments. Fine. I have no problem with that. It's all about opinions, after all. I'm not going to get into an argument with you about it. We could talk until midnight, and we still wouldn't agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jose Mourinho - "I'm a football man, I don't like speaking about what happens after matches."

Meanwhile.

https://twitter.com/mariecrowe/status/838038606052745218

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Jose doesn't like to talk about what happened in matches😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jose I'm a football man who doesn't like taking about what happens but I don't want him getting 5/6/7 games ban. lol

So Zlatan tries to stamp on Mings' arse. Mings stamps on Zlatan's head. Zlatan fires an elbow into Ming's head. Arter gets a Pogba shoulder into the jaw and is laid out but the referee is happy to play around him.

The referee was hopeless. The overall standard of officiating is as low as I can remember it, and I've been watching football for nearly 50 years now. Where do they get them from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mourinho being a very good boy indeed there on 5live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just seen Utd have drawn 7 out of their 14 home games so far this year, thats really poor for a side like Utd.

Theyve 25 pts from 14 home games (5 left) and 24 points from 12 away games (7 left).

Theyve the 9th best home record and the 3rd best away record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

And Arter should have been sent off too

Awful refereeing and awful football from both sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Looks like the myth of utd improving has been put to bed. Liverpool on their worst run in 67 years and they are still behind then.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Looks like the myth of utd improving has been put to bed. Liverpool on their worst run in 67 years and they are still behind then.

To be fair being in 3 more competitions than Liverpool, winning one of them, might also have a baring on things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

At least ye have something to be happy about so well done ;) I prefer to win stuff and judge it that way at the end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Rooney must have been talking about the replay cas there's no way he saw that stamp in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Another effing draw.

It's a cup season for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Match Report on RTE

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/0304/857205-united-remain-sixth-after/

Apart from ZLatan's elbow, seemingly Valencia has a whole different career going on :eek:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's failure from the spot could be compounded by a spell on the sidelines, with the Football Association sure to look at the Manchester United striker's elbow and Tyrone Mings' stamp after 10-man Bournemouth secured a memorable 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

Ugly scenes and poor officiating overshadowed a thrilling lunchtime encounter as Marcos Rojo's first ever Premier League goal was cancelled out by Josh King's penalty as the first half ended chaotically.

Andrew Surman received the first red card of his career - awarded once blundering referee Kevin Friend realised he had booked the Bournemouth captain twice - having reacted angrily to Ibrahimovic's elbow on Mings, who moments earlier stamped - inadvertently or otherwise - on the United striker.

The officials' report will make for interesting reading as neither player was shown a card for incidents that could well lead to retrospective action from the FA.

Referee Friend's display is also set to dominate column inches in the aftermath of a match Ibrahimovic looked set to win for United after Adam Smith was adjudged to have handled a Paul Pogba cross.

However, EFL Cup hero Ibrahimovic's spot-kick was saved by the impressive Artur Boruc as Bournemouth ended a four-match Premier League losing streak as United stuttered to a 10th Premier League draw of the season.

Cherries boss Eddie Howe's spirits will have been lifted by his players' display after spending the night up with a sickness bug.

A late arrival at Old Trafford, he may have feared the worst as Untied flew out the blocks and returning captain Wayne Rooney missed after 73 seconds.

An outstanding touch from eccentric goalkeeper Boruc prevented Pogba turning home a long ball from Luke Shaw, making his first league appearance in four months, before Anthony Martial was denied a trademark goal.

There was a verve about United's attack, but so too a wastefulness.

Rooney and Ibrahimovic transpired to spurn an opportunity from which the Cherries broke, with a slip preventing Benik Afobe - the scourge of United in his MK Dons days - rounding David de Gea.

It was one of few scares for a United side that continued to press, with Ibrahimovic and Martial continuing to threaten before the opener came through an unlikely source as Rojo reacted quickly to turn in Antonio Valencia's driven cross-cum-shot.

The 23rd-minute goal took the sting of United's attack as Bournemouth kept their shape if not their heads at times, with the visiting support making their frustration at the booking of Harry Arter and Surman clear.

However, the award of a penalty raised spirits as Phil Jones clumsily brought down Marc Pugh, with King firing home with aplomb.

The feel-good factor did not last long, though.

Ibrahimovic and Rooney forced fine saves from Boruc, before tempers frayed as Ibrahimovic caught Mings with an elbow shortly after the Bournemouth defender stamped on the Swede.

Neither were booked but Surman was for shoving Ibrahimovic - although it took a while for referee Friend to realise it was second yellow card.

The anger was palpable as half-time came and went, with United in the ascendancy when play resumed.
    Rooney saw a strike deflected and Pogba was impressively denied by Boruc, but Bournemouth weathered the storm as Mourinho made a triple substitution in the 70th minute.

A minute later United had the chance to strike a decisive blow as Smith was adjudged to have handled a Pogba cutback. Ibrahimovic stepped up for the spot kick, only to be denied by a fine Boruc save low to the keeper's right.

Referee Friend was under scrutiny again moments later as substitute Marcus Rashford came close, despite Arter being on the deck after sustaining a head injury.

The Bournemouth midfielder then avoided a second booking as Mings went off after an awkward fall, much to the home fans' amusement.

The closing stages resembled two boxers wildly swinging punches at one another, with United landing more blows. However, Bournemouth held firm to secure an important 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mings jumped into Ibrahimovic's elbow according to Zlatan himself. :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Both were scummy actions and both should get a long ban. No place for scum bag behavior like that in the game.

Everton match now a big one for utd. Can they hold on to 6th place. Worrying times for utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You must have missed the silverware win last weekend or the unbeaten run since October?

Or maybe you are just being your usual self and the reason why mo one takes anything you have to say on football seriously.

Both of them want banning. They knew bloody well what they were doing.

blueser wrote: »
    Both of them want banning. They knew bloody well what they were doing.

Agree both knew what they were doing but Ibra won't retrospective action imo as the ref saw and dealt with it(wrongly)at the time.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    You must have missed the silverware win last weekend or the unbeaten run since October?

Or maybe you are just being your usual self and the reason why mo one takes anything you have to say on football seriously.

It's man utd we are talking about here. You can't ignore the facts.

The facts that we are still in touching distance of the top four and still in two cup competitions with a cup already won this season.

jayo26 wrote: »
    The facts that we are still in touching distance of the top four and still in two cup competitions with a cup already won this season.

The fact is utd have bottled every opportunity they have had to make progress this year in the league. Roy Keane was right during the week. Utd have beaten nobody.

Huh?

You said Man utd improving is a myth? They're tough to beat, still can make top 4, they just won a cup and still in Europe. People were doubting them 2 months ago to win anything or make top 4!

Nalz wrote: »
    Huh?

You said Man utd improving is a myth? They're tough to beat, still can make top 4, they just won a cup and still in Europe. People were doubting them 2 months ago to win anything or make top 4!

They are still in 6th though in spite of every team in front of them falling apart.

The fact is utd have bottled every opportunity they have had to make progress this year in the league. Roy Keane was right during the week. Utd have beaten nobody.

Thats true but it's not how you start it's how you finish it. The only team in the league that can say they have done the job is chelsea no other team around us can say they are safe in top four.

You gave your opinion of what you think are myths. Now you are passing it off as fact not opinion.

The irony is I presented you with some facts. You posted waffle as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Could have swore i seen a recent score line that said Hull City 2 V 1 Manchester United so how is that unbeaten from October?

Could have swore i seen a recent score line that said Hull City 2 V 1 Manchester United so how is that unbeaten from October?

In the league.

You could have quoted me directly if you wanted clarification but is apt that you two engage with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

They really didn't. I thought they were an absolute disgrace today. United won't get much sympathy, which is fair enough, but their tackles, time wasting, needling was abysmal. Not to mention their penalty was soft as it gets.
    As soft a penalty as it gets? You're hilarious! If you want to see soft, take a look at the penalty United got!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

adox wrote: »
    Agree both knew what they were doing but Ibra won't retrospective action imo as the ref saw and dealt with it(wrongly)at the time.

Then he shouldn't be refereeing in the league for the rest of the league

Zlatan he jumps into my elbow lol

Just like you headbutted his foot and his bum fell on your foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Zlatan he jumps into my elbow lol

Just like you headbutted his foot and his bum fell on your foot.

0/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

They really didn't. I thought they were an absolute disgrace today. United won't get much sympathy, which is fair enough, but their tackles, time wasting, needling was abysmal. Not to mention their penalty was soft as it gets.

They came for a point and despite being harshly disadvantaged by being one man short for the 2nd half (both teams should have been down to 10 men) they protected their point and got across the line. Utd had the chances to beat them but once again couldn't get the deal done at home in the PL. Hard to explain but it's happened so often this season that it's no longer a fluke when teams get a draw at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Can't believe most of the Sunday paper back pages are leading with the elbow from Ibrahimovich rather than the well nastier head stamp from Mings

• Can't believe most of the Sunday paper back pages are leading with the elbow from Ibrahimovich rather than the well nastier head stamp from Mings

It sells rags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Can't believe most of the Sunday paper back pages are leading with the elbow from Ibrahimovich rather than the well nastier head stamp from Mings

What?? Rooney tripped Mings and he accidentally catches Ibrahimovich... the elbow was pure thuggish and has rightly been the focus of the press.

Big name player that sells papers. It's hardly a shock. He let himself and his club down down. Supposed hard man falls over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Big name player that sells papers. It's hardly a shock. He let himself and his club down down. Supposed hard man falls over.

Did he fall over when he elbowed or when he was on the ground when head stamped?

• Advertisement

Vanolder wrote: »
    What?? Rooney tripped Mings and he accidentally catches Ibrahimovich... the elbow was pure thuggish and has rightly been the focus of the press.

Ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement