Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Exchange

• 04-03-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I am Golden Years Customer & I need Australian Dollars.  What fees will I be charged.  Is there concessions for Golden Years? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

hillbloom wrote: »
    I am Golden Years Customer & I need Australian Dollars.  What fees will I be charged.  Is there concessions for Golden Years? 
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You can order Foreign exchange for collection at your local branch here.

If your account is a Golden Years account you will not be charged commission on your order.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

How much is the commission.  Is it cheaper to get a certain amount of AU dollars here or avail of a friends CREDIT CARD with cash already in it & pay the 2.5% charge for every withdrawal while in Australia.  I am just checking "best option"!!! Everything in AU is so so expensive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Get a  Revolut card. Best rates by far. You can get your own card and load currency on it. The Currency Fare model is outdated and unsuitable.
    There's a thread on boards
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481488

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

How much is the commission.  Is it cheaper to get a certain amount of AU dollars here or avail of a friends CREDIT CARD with cash already in it & pay the 2.5% charge for every withdrawal while in Australia.  I am just checking "best option"!!! Everything in AU is so so expensive!!
    Hi hillbloom, 

Thanks for your reply. 

As a Golden Years customer there's no commission charged on a foreign exchange order. When using a BOI Credit Card outside of the Eurozone there's a charge of €2.54 or 1.5% (whichever is greater) when you use the card to withdraw cash. Using the Credit Card at a point of sale will have a charge of 2.25% of the transaction value. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Hi hillbloom, 

Thanks for your reply. 

As a Golden Years customer there's no commission charged on a foreign exchange order. When using a BOI Credit Card outside of the Eurozone there's a charge of €2.54 or 1.5% (whichever is greater) when you use the card to withdraw cash. Using the Credit Card at a point of sale will have a charge of 2.25% of the transaction value. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I sent a PM last night. Thank you.  

• Advertisement
Advertisement