Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT confirmation email

• 04-03-2017 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

is it okay to bring this on my phone? do i need to print it off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nah, just remember to bring ID though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭job seeker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nah, just remember to bring ID though.

Don't you need the log book as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

job seeker wrote: »
    Don't you need the log book as well?

I have never needed it. No harm in bringing it of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭job seeker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I have never needed it. No harm in bringing it of course.

Ah right, maybe they just looked at it. Because I had it with me..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

one other question - my boot is stuck closed and won't get it fixed in time. is that a fail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

froog wrote: »
    one other question - my boot is stuck closed and won't get it fixed in time. is that a fail?

Yes. I had mine done last week and they checked that both the boot and the bonnet opened and closed properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They opened the boot when I went for the test so not sure how that will go for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Question 1 - it is required to bring logbook but not all receptionists will ask for it.
    Question 2 - it is a fail as the catch is defective. It is tested but if they fail you on it, then after the fix you can just pop in again and they will check for free without bringing car inside.

https://www.ncts.ie/faq/
    https://www.ncts.ie/media/1004/nct-manual-july-2014.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Won't they need to open the boot to check the spare tyre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

she passed anyway lads - they never went near the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

she passed anyway lads - they never went near the boot.

My boot hasn't opened in about 18 months, 2 ncts done, passed both times, never asked for a logbook and I've done about 15 ncts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The nct in Galway have asked me every single time for ID and logbook. It's all down to the receptionist you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

My local wont give you the cert until the logbook is produced, also never been to a center with a receptionist and i have been to many, always the testers handling the reception duties in my experience

Advertisement