Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW28 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Morrison to King a bit of no-brainer? A bit of a sidewise move with the week that's in it but i can't see Morrison doing anything away to Everton, and King nailed on in an attack-minded Cherries team and on pens is just so hard to ignore. After that i may do Sterling or Sane to Firmino for a -4, and that would leave me with (hopefully) 10 starters

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    This couldn't be further from the truth. Every situation is it's own animal.

Thank you. I was gonna, but sometimes I lose the will to live disputing illogical (and inaccurate) statements about hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

manual_man wrote: »
    Morrison to King a bit of no-brainer? A bit of a sidewise move with the week that's in it but i can't see Morrison doing anything away to Everton, and King nailed on in an attack-minded Cherries team and on pens is just so hard to ignore. After that i may do Sterling or Sane to Firmino for a -4, and that would leave me with (hopefully) 10 starters

Thoughts?

What about calling the Firmino Transfer the FT? ;)

Looks a good pick especially as a fifth mid assuming he does not mess with future transfer plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

spock. wrote: »
    I'll be getting 11 out with one hit which will be nice:

Jaku
    Coleman Baines Daniels Brunt
    Mane Firmino Siggy King
    Lukaku Barnes

And a good score so far this week! Well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Thinking of the following:

Aguero/Ibra to Llorente/Lukaku

Sterling/Sane to Mane/Coutinho

Pieters to Baines

Might actually take a 16 point hit - you are getting 8 points back straight away if you haven't got 11 players and those players should easily make up the other 8 points over the next 2/3 gameweeks. Maybe I should play my wildcard if I'm taking that many hits?

Thinking of the following:

Aguero/Ibra to Llorente/Lukaku

Sterling/Sane to Mane/Coutinho

Pieters to Baines

Might actually take a 16 point hit - you are getting 8 points back straight away if you haven't got 11 playe S and those players should easily make up the other 8 points over the next 2/3 gameweeks. Maybe I should play my wildcard if I'm taking that many hits?

What's your starting 11 in GW29 if you rolled the transfer this week and had 2 free for that week?

I best go recheck this for my own team.

ElTel wrote: »
    What's your starting 11 in GW29 if you rolled the transfer this week and had 2 free for that week?

I best go recheck this for my own team.

My FT will be used on a GK this GW...assuming Zlatan escapes a ban.
    Mannone Grant owner. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Defoe out, Llorente in.
    Kone out, Coleman in.

Will risk leaving Holgate in the team, nothing to lose anyway.

wonski wrote: »
    Defoe out, Llorente in.
    Kone out, Coleman in.

Will risk leaving Holgate in the team, nothing to lose anyway.

Leaving Holgate there too. I've used my BB and one of the positive slants I'm putting on that is that I can afford 1 or 2 pieces of bench fodder in favour of a stronger 12 /13 for the run in. Holgate will probably stay till the death. I'll celebrate a 1 pointer from him next week like nothing else if it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

PARlance wrote: »
    Leaving Holgate there too. I've used my BB and one of the positive slants I'm putting on that is that I can afford 1 or 2 pieces of bench fodder in favour of a stronger 12 /13 for the run in. Holgate will probably stay till the death. I'll celebrate a 1 pointer from him next week like nothing else if it happens.

I think Koeman will revert to a 3-5-2 in the near future, hopefully next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

bantee wrote: »
    I think Koeman will revert to a 3-5-2 in the near future, hopefully next weekend.

What would the line up looked like if you don't mind me asking?

wonski wrote: »
    What would the line up looked like if you don't mind me asking?

Holgate,FM,Williams with Coleman & Baines as wing backs

bantee wrote: »

What would be your basis for that? He played that when Gueye was at AFCON. Since he's back and Schneiderlin signed it's been 4 at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I had transferred in Holgate, Stanislas and Phillips weeks ago with an eye on this GW. Now it looks like none of them will play leaving me with 5 players. I was planning on doing 2 transfers to get me to 10, but now I'm not sure where to turn.

I am leaning towards leaving the above 3 in the team in the hope they get some game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Option 1

Ibra and Aguero to Llorente and Lukaku. Would give me 10 assuming Phillips plays. Llorente short term fixtures good while Aguero's aren't.

Option 2

Ibra to Lukaku and Phillips to King/Grosicki. Would give me 9 almost definite starters and would be finally rid of Phillips.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

mectavba wrote: »
    I had transferred in Holgate, Stanislas and Phillips weeks ago with an eye on this GW. Now it looks like none of them will play leaving me with 5 players. I was planning on doing 2 transfers to get me to 10, but now I'm not sure where to turn.

I am leaning towards leaving the above 3 in the team in the hope they get some game time.

Confident Philipps will start it fit after wba result sat. Has been a major let-down so far but hopefully can produce something this important gw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Oh dear I'm in trouble this week.

4 guaranteed starters in Evans, Williams, Firmino and lukuku.

Lovren, Phillips and Holgate prob won't feature.

Wildcard to get 11 players in and revamp squad maybe?? Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

thewools wrote: »

I'd save that wildcard until nearer the doubles. Maybe get Siggy and Jaku in for a -4 assuming you just have the one free transfer. That should cover you for this gameweek which will be very low scoring anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Don't waste a wildcard on a 4 game week. If you get 11 starters they will all be taking points off each other anyway. Take a -4 and get 6 starters. Lovren could be back however and also Philips with another weeks recuperation behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Option 1

Ibra and Aguero to Llorente and Lukaku. Would give me 10 assuming Phillips plays. Llorente short term fixtures good while Aguero's aren't.

Option 2

Ibra to Lukaku and Phillips to King/Grosicki. Would give me 9 almost definite starters and would be finally rid of Phillips.

Any thoughts?

I was gonna keep him as he had a fixture in 28 but looking at their upcoming fixtures I'm tempted to sell, only problem is that there aren't many options available to replace him with in 28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If you swap Aguero and then Ibra gets hit with a ban, then your gonna have to make another transfer so I'd go with option 2.

FHFC wrote: »
    What would be your basis for that? He played that when Gueye was at AFCON. Since he's back and Schneiderlin signed it's been 4 at the back.

I hadn't taken that into account but Koeman wouldn't be slow in general to alter the formation if results take a dip, suppose I was trying to be optimistic about Holgate's chances

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It depends what your plans are for your BB. Personally now could be a good time to wildcard you could get 10 players out and set yourself up for the future. We know who is having dgws and the main one is 9 transfers away.
    Jaku ddg
    Evans Coleman FM Alonso maguire
    Firmino mane siggy alli Pedro
    Lukaku llorente Kane
    Would be an example of a wildcard team I'd pick. Replace Kane with costa aguero IBRA depending on preference.

How much of hit do you have to be taking to justify using your wild card?

I have made 2 transfers but could justify 3 more (so -16 all in all) as I will make points back this week and those players will will leave me in better shape for next 2/3 weeks after that.

However I had intended on playing wildcard and utilizing the bench boost DGW strategy in which case you might need way more than 5 transfers to give yourself the best possible chance of a massive haul.

So what I'm saying is I am pretty sure that even without the option of a wild card the -16 would be justified but should I play it and just try and adapt to the DGW's as the information about them becomes available?

How much of hit do you have to be taking to justify using your wild card?

I have made 2 transfers but could justify 3 more (so -16 all in all) as I will make points back this week and those players will will leave me in better shape for next 2/3 weeks after that.

However I had intended on playing wildcard and utilizing the bench boost DGW strategy in which case you might need way more than 5 transfers to give yourself the best possible chance of a massive haul.

So what I'm saying is I am pretty sure that even without the option of a wild card the -16 would be justified but should I play it and just try and adapt to the DGW's as the information about them becomes available?

I'm always of the opinion that I'd never take a 12 pt hit if I had a wildcard. However I never manage to hold onto the wildcard past gw4 or the first available gw in Jan so probably not the best person to take advice off. I do think there are so many strategies you can persue any too many people hold onto their wildcard at all costs which isn't always best. If I had wildcard I'd also have considered it the gw just gone . I'd have gone 6 dgw players and 8 with a gw 28 fixture and kept ibra alli or Pedro.

I'm always of the opinion that I'd never take a 12 pt hit if I had a wildcard. However I never manage to hold onto the wildcard past gw4 or the first available gw in Jan so probably not the best person to take advice off. I do think there are so many strategies you can persue any too many people hold onto their wildcard at all costs which isn't always best. If I had wildcard I'd also have considered it the gw just gone . I'd have gone 6 dgw players and 8 with a gw 28 fixture and kept ibra alli or Pedro.

Yeah but using wild card and bench boost could be very profitable and depending what way the fixtures pan out you could use the wildcard to maximize your starters in GW34 and 37 while utilising the bench boost.

I agree about the way we 'hold on' to our chips. They are a bit of a comfort blanket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Thinking of -8 to get in Lukaku, Firmino and Olssen. That would give me 7, 8 if Phillips starts. Madness? I would be selling PVA and Benteke so that is fine but Alli to Firmino worth another -4?

Just realised Pool have bad run of fixtures coming up and Alli would cost me 0.3 million more to buy him back so I guess that answers my own question.:)

Yeah but using wild card and bench boost could be very profitable and depending what way the fixtures pan out you could use the wildcard to maximize your starters in GW34 and 37 while utilising the bench boost.

I agree about the way we 'hold on' to our chips. They are a bit of a comfort blanket.

If you plan to play BB with 15 dgw players I'd say hold your wildcard. Your looking at 8 teams with a dgw in 37. I'd be fairly confident of getting 11dgw players with very few hits and no wildcard due to the likely teams involved and the time space between the blank 28 and the big dgw 37. Last year was much more difficult to navigate than this gw. As we also had a dgw in 34 a blank in 35. The dgw in 34 this time will be fairly minimal.

Just realised Pool have bad run of fixtures coming up and Alli would cost me 0.3 million more to buy him back so I guess that answers my own question.:)

I think pool have a great run of fixtures coming up 3 out of 4 at home and an away game against a team city that will attack them. Liverpool's problems are dealing with teams that play long ball in the away games. They have had no problem to date in home games against these teams. From an FF point of view I'd be classing stoke , west brom, Watford, and west ham all away as games Liverpool attackers could struggle in of the remaining fixtures. I think we need to consider liverpools difficult fixtures in a different light to most other teams. For example I'd prefer Liverpool attackers and defenders in a game against arsenal rather than stoke or Burnley away.

I think pool have a great run of fixtures coming up 3 out of 4 at home and an away game against a team city that will attack them. Liverpool's problems are dealing with teams that play long ball in the away games. They have had no problem to date in home games against these teams. From an FF point of view I'd be classing stoke , west brom, Watford, and west ham all away as games Liverpool attackers could struggle in of the remaining fixtures. I think we need to consider liverpools difficult fixtures in a different light to most other teams. For example I'd prefer Liverpool attackers and defenders in a game against arsenal rather than stoke or Burnley away.

I'm jumping on the Bust Bus and bringing in 2 Pool mids this week... they'll be part of a -12 that will see Coleman & Llorente coming in. Llorente is the only 1 week gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I brought in Siggy for Sterling earlier, which gives 7 players this week.

Reckon that's alright? I'm toying with the idea of Amat to Maguire for -4 but I'm not really sold on that idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

carnie wrote: »

Reckon that's alright? I'm toying with the idea of Amat to Maguire for -4 but I'm not really sold on that idea

Why swap out Amat? He might come on like the weekend & get you 1 point. Transfer for a diff defender who is not playing?

carnie wrote: »

I'm seeing a lot of people wondering is 6/7/8/9 players alright and am not seeing the logic in this thinking.

Any team with less than 11 means you are losing out on a 90% guaranteed 2 points that a starter gets, so any transfer you do is only going to cost you a net 2 points.

If there are 8 non GW28 playing players in your squad that you want to keep, or no players to buy you are confident in scoring a extra 2 points in GW28 or going on to do better than those 8 players over the next few gameweeks the you should stick. But even if you have 10 players in your team - you can't say that is 'enough'. Each 4 point hit should be judged on its own individual merits.

It depends on what your team is looking like for GW29 and if there is any dead wood in your squad? But I think there are plenty of Liverpool, Swansea, Everton and even West Ham players that are worth taking a hit for..

FHFC wrote: »
    Dammit. Who'd have thought Tom Carroll as an ideal cheap 5th mid would cause problems when you want to go for the old Swansea treble up!

Had just about decided I'd get Llorente for Ibra till GW30 till I realised I can't. :(

Snap. Nordfeldt as 2nd keeper being the proverbial fly in the ointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Gonna get Lukaku in for Costa and Firmino in for Eriksen leaving me with 11 possible players for gameweek 28. Wise choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Snodgrass or Antonio or Carroll (swans)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Swore i'd stay away from Pool mids after the Leicester game but now I'm comtemplating a double up :pac: Ibra to Lukaku and Sterling to Firmino could be done.

I'm thinking of going without lukaku.

Presume Mans is the pool mid of choice yea? I've noticed cout underlying stats are promising but have wanted to own Mane all season. Must decide tonight before price increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I might bank.

Repopulating my squad the following week is more important than a sideways move for a likely 2 points.

Can field in theory:

Heaton
    Coleman - Mawson - Brunt
    Mane - Phillips - Siggy
    Lukaku

And Amat on the bench for good measure :pac:

7 or 8 and the 3 primary captaincy options. Although I could talk myself into Grosiki by weeks end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Coutinho or Firmino? Have Mane.

SkySter wrote: »
    Coutinho or Firmino? Have Mane.

Coutinho.

Just deciding between Mane and Cout myself. Had a look at stats last 4 GW. Cout 20 shots to 9, 11 in the box to 7 from Mane. 9 chances created to 7 in favour of Cout. Cout on corners also. Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fant11 wrote: »
    Coutinho.

Just deciding between Mane and Cout myself. Had a look at stats last 4 GW. Cout 20 shots to 9, 11 in the box to 7 from Mane. 9 chances created to 7 in favour of Cout. Cout on corners also. Interesting.

The difference is Mané is a much better finisher than Coutinho and needs less chances to deliver points so I think he's worth the extra money over Cout/Firm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The difference is Mané is a much better finisher than Coutinho and needs less chances to deliver points so I think he's worth the extra money over Cout/Firm.

Yeah coutinho is a statistical wet dream but in reality he shoots from absolutely anywhere whether it's on or not, Mane gets more points that's the only stat I care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Did Ibra to Llorente. So now I have 3 swans players, which is far more than I want but can't see anyone else in there to get for him. 3 swans players, ugh....
    Might do Pieters to Funes too actually...

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of going without lukaku.

Keeping Aguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Doing Zlatan to Lukaku now.

Zlatan and Sterling to Lukaku and Mane.

Aguero, Stanislas, Sterling, PVA out
    Mane, Coutinho, Coleman, Llorente in

Did Coleman & Llorente last night, the others tonight. -12 that hopefully pays off.

Jaku,
    Coleman, Brunt, Holgate (?)
    Mane, Coutinho, Siggy, Carroll
    Llorente, Lukaku

Others: Grant, Alonso, Hazard, Costa, Walker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

My first -8 of the season for Benteke, Sanchez and Stanislas to Lukaku, Barkley and King. 

Gives me 10 potential starters (holgate and Phillips the dodgy ones) and also sets me up better for the coming weeks...finally rid of Benteke. Sanchez out is a risk, but I have Aguero in now and think he is going to be essential from now until the end of the season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement