Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech and language therapist

Options
  • 04-03-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

would anybody know of a good private speech and language therapist (for a child), ideally in Swords, but can be other areas as well.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hammy007

We used Arc Speech and Language Clinic in Clarehall, and they were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munyt

thanks very much for your recommendation, it's a pity they're awfully expensive - I didn't expect to pay less than €50 per visit, but it looks like they're asking double that and even more for the assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hammy007

It does add up quickly, but the waiting list for public was so long which is why we went private. HSE eventually called us over a year after we put our names on the list, but she was okay by then after having been seen privately. If I remember right for Arc, I think we paid 150 for the assessment and 50 per 1/2 hour session. Tax can be claimed back for it, so save all receipts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munyt

hammy007 wrote: »
    It does add up quickly, but the waiting list for public was so long which is why we went private. HSE eventually called us over a year after we put our names on the list, but she was okay by then after having been seen privately. If I remember right for Arc, I think we paid 150 for the assessment and 50 per 1/2 hour session. Tax can be claimed back for it, so save all receipts too.

we already had a one block session with hse, but have moved to different area and so we were placed on another waiting list in there. The problem we have isn't very specific or narrow and so it requires constant work and can't be fixed very quickly so even if we get a new sessions with hse I would still would like to get some extra help privately.
    Thanks for letting know about claiming the taxes back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

munyt wrote: »
    we already had a one block session with hse, but have moved to different area and so we were placed on another waiting list in there. The problem we have isn't very specific or narrow and so it requires constant work and can't be fixed very quickly so even if we get a new sessions with hse I would still would like to get some extra help privately.
    Thanks for letting know about claiming the taxes back!

Having has numerous battles with HSE and Tusla you really have to kick up a right fuss to get heard. We went up north in the end for sensory work and it took a massive battle from my wife but they had to stump up.

Get a politican involved to help you also.

It is scandelous to think the HSE will go the steps of the court to challenge a case and fork out Millions for Taxi's and wont look after kids who need a bit of help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

anyone have a recommendation for a speech therapist for a 4 year old child in the blanchardstown area?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

baegan wrote: »
    anyone have a recommendation for a speech therapist for a 4 year old child in the blanchardstown area?

You'll be more likely to get replies in the Dublin 15 forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=993

Advertisement