Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mazda oil pressure

• 04-03-2017 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

My 2015 mazda 3 oil pressure light came on today.its under warrinty but has me worryed anyone hear of this before

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whats the oil level like?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Wexfordthemonk

Whats the oil level like?

My wife was driving it but i checked it few weeks ago and was perfect.due a service in 1k .rang mazda recovery and they brought it to garage but wont been seen til monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

At first sign of oil light either pressure or level you should stop the car and check the oil level.

At first sign of oil light either pressure or level you should stop the car and check the oil level.

Stoped straght away its under warrenty but some balls at the weekend had to get hire car.hope its just sensor or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

It just needs and oil and filter change, and a reset, the oil quantity has detoriated, it will be chargeable and not covered by warranty, the big clue is you said it's due a service in 1k. In future you could consider and if it was my car I would change the oil 3k ahead of the 'recommended' interval...recommend intervals are 'under ideal driving conditions '.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭bbbaldy

I have heard of this problem with Mazda diesels. It may be a sump oil pick up problem.

clogher71 wrote: »
    It just needs and oil and filter change, and a reset, the oil quantity has detoriated, it will be chargeable and not covered by warranty, the big clue is you said it's due a service in 1k. In future you could consider and if it was my car I would change the oil 3k ahead of the 'recommended' interval...recommend intervals are 'under ideal driving conditions '.
    Surely in a fairly new car with the best oil in it wouldnt detoriate so quickly would it?.not ideal in a new car have to get toed away on the weekend wife not happy she was driving ha.

bbbaldy wrote: »
    I have heard of this problem with Mazda diesels. It may be a sump oil pick up problem.

Would that be serious ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

How did you arrive at that conclusion?? Oil pressure light equals oil change??

Odelay wrote: »

Why do u think its not that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Would that be serious ?

If the pickup gets blocked it will starve the engine of oil, no oil = seized engine.
    How far did your wife drive it with the light on?

It's always a good idea to carry a litre of oil in the boot.

Neilw wrote: »
    If the pickup gets blocked it will starve the engine of oil, no oil = seized engine.
    How far did your wife drive it with the light on?

It's always a good idea to carry a litre of oil in the boot.

She didnt drive far she thinks she seen it as it just came on.its under waranty but wouldnt be happy if sonething serious like that happened

She didnt drive far she thinks she seen it as it just came on.its under waranty but wouldnt be happy if sonething serious like that happened

It didnt make noise or anything she said

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Have a 2015 Mazda 3 same thing happened to me oil deteriated at 13000k twice , Mazda say 20000k service intervals have the service interval set for 12000k like you op happened on Friday car recovered and did not get it back until Tuesday the following week, had a replacement car from enterprise. Having said that love the car and won't rule out another when time comes to change.

FREDNISMO wrote: »
    Have a 2015 Mazda 3 same thing happened to me oil deteriated at 13000k twice , Mazda say 20000k service intervals have the service interval set for 12000k like you op happened on Friday car recovered and did not get it back until Tuesday the following week, had a replacement car from enterprise. Having said that love the car and won't rule out another when time comes to change.

Oh so its just the oil then?.why so long getting it back? Thanks for your reply

Oh so its just the oil then?.why so long getting it back? Thanks for your reply[/QU

Recovered Friday evening wasn't brought to nearest dealer ( not where I bought it ) until midday Monday by the time they sorted it it was Tuesday. Probably had other cars booked in for service.

Oh so its just the oil then?.why so long getting it back? Thanks for your reply[/QU

Recovered Friday evening wasn't brought to nearest dealer ( not where I bought it ) until midday Monday by the time they sorted it it was Tuesday. Probably had other cars booked in for service.

Oh sorry i taught u said it was the next week after.so it looks like its just the service that needs doin you think?

20,000K intervals is probably a bit optimistic unless you're doing a lot of long trips, I have short commute during the week but do highish mileage when i'm off at weekend, short runs might not be helping if it has not finished the regen process before I switch engine off, but that just my opinion.

20,000K intervals is probably a bit optimistic unless you're doing a lot of long trips, I have short commute during the week but do highish mileage when i'm off at weekend, short runs. might not be helping if it has not finished the regen process before I switch engine off, but that just my opinion.

Id be happy enough with that its very worrying i was thinking the engine was ****ed.thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

You're probably fine so, an oil change will have you back up and running.

Just so you know, if the engine did seize due to low oil it wouldn't be covered by your warranty. It's the owners responsibility to ensure the car has the right oil level at all times.

Having said that, if it's a known problem with this car causing the oil to degrade and put on the light due to that and not low oil you might be ok.

• Advertisement

Neilw wrote: »
    You're probably fine so, an oil change will have you back up and running.

Just so you know, if the engine did seize due to low oil it wouldn't be covered by your warranty. It's the owners responsibility to ensure the car has the right oil level at all times.

Having said that, if it's a known problem with this car causing the oil to degrade and put on the light due to that and not low oil you might be ok.

It wasnt low around 10 days ago so should be ok.cant beleve the oil degrades its real expensive

Odelay wrote: »

I know a thing or two about Mazda's.....

It wasnt low around 10 days ago so should be ok.cant beleve the oil degrades its real expensive

I think you have found your answer between this poster and me :-) maybe you should have requested a car from the Mazda assist when you called, maybe you still can?., does your wife do a lot of short journeys or town driving, if so this is not helping either, so more frequent oil changes may be necessary!

I think you have found your answer between this poster and me :-) maybe you should have requested a car from the Mazda assist when you called, maybe you still can?., does your wife do a lot of short journeys or town driving, if so this is not helping either, so more frequent oil changes may be necessary!
    I did i got a ford focus!!! Thanks for ur help

Advertisement