Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tailor/Alterations for shirts+suit

Options
  • 04-03-2017 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much it would cost to make a shirt taken in as it as they are too baggy. Will likely have 5-6 shirts.

Also would like to get suits altered too. Pants shortened at least. Any idea of the cost of this and where is the place to go to?

Any place that would give a bulk discount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'd actually be interested in this too - I'm aware of The Clothes Doctor (Declan) on Oliver Plunkett St, but is there any other tailors in Cork? As above, looking for more than just simple alterations - want shirts darted, jackets taken in etc. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

The Zip Yard would do this I am sure. I used the one in Douglas before and twas quite good.. I didnt get anything major done, a sleeping bag stitched up and two tops but it was less than €30.. Their is a lady in Ballincollig also who is supposed to be great Alterations by Kate..

The Zip yard would nearly give you a quite over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

I'd actually be interested in this too - I'm aware of The Clothes Doctor (Declan) on Oliver Plunkett St, but is there any other tailors in Cork? As above, looking for more than just simple alterations - want shirts darted, jackets taken in etc. Cheers!

Ended up going to Tuckers Tailors on Washington Street. Saw an old thread on a different Cork based forum and he was highly recommended. Got two trousers hemmed and one of the waists let out and it came to 28.

Will be going back into him with my suit jacket to get the sleeves altered. Price online when you google his name.
    Milly33 wrote: »
    The Zip Yard would do this I am sure. I used the one in Douglas before and twas quite good.. I didnt get anything major done, a sleeping bag stitched up and two tops but it was less than €30.. Their is a lady in Ballincollig also who is supposed to be great Alterations by Kate..

The Zip yard would nearly give you a quite over the phone

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I've heard of somebody who got a lot of alterations done at the cleaners in the small industrial estate near Dennehy's Cross. They have a great clothes cleaning business but also do alterations.

Advertisement