Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sling Stud

Options
  • 04-03-2017 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I got my first rifle 2 months ago and was looking for options on a sling. The rifle is a Ruger 10/22 so it has no sling studs on it at all. Can someone point me towards a place to get studs ? Any recommendations for a sling is welcome also. I don't mind drilling into the stock if need be. (I know it's a relatively light rifle on it's own but it gets fairly heavy after putting a scope and a lamp on it)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    RS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Get my bits and bobs from eBay get QD style so you can put bipod on.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

Get my bits and bobs from eBay get QD style so you can put bipod on.
    http:

ebay.ie/itm/Rifle-Quick-Detach-Shotgun-Sling-Swivel-Post-Stud-Screw-Set-Buckle-Hunting-Kit-/141775177390?nav=SEARCH

Something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Link doesn't work for me.

I used an uncle mikes set with a bolt on the fore end and a screw at the back.

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Link doesn't work for me.

I used an uncle mikes set with a bolt on the fore end and a screw at the back.

Yeah that looks good actually. I think I'll go for it. Cheers,
    RS

RS98 wrote: »
    Yeah that looks good actually. I think I'll go for it. Cheers,
    RS

With the rear screw, I put some epoxy inside the drilled hole before I screwed it in just to add some strength.

• Advertisement

With the rear screw, I put some epoxy inside the drilled hole before I screwed it in just to add some strength.

Do you put a bipod on the front one? It doesn't look like it would support the forces of a bipod. I hear people do it though so obviously I'm missing something. Wonder if they put epoxy on the front as well?

RS

I do t have a bipod but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine.

I do t have a bipod but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine.

Yeah I suppose. People do it so I'm guessing I'm wrong. One more question, I think the answer is no, but can you put a sling and bipod on at the same time? Thanks for the replies everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭TombstoneT

Hi RS98,
    You will have no problem fitting your quick-release sling swivel to your stock when your bipod is already fitted. There is a small sort of pre-drilled bracket on the base of the bipod.
    TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭sharkfox

Make sure you leave enough space so you don't hit the screws already in the stock when your drilling the rear sling stud hole

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, it's good to know that you can use the sling as well as the bipod. I looked at a video before drilling the holes so that I didn't feck it up. Ended up drilling the rear hole 2.5" from the very back, so I didn't hit any of the existing screws thankfully. Anyway, it's all sorted now. I have a nice sling on it too (Niggeloh as per recommendation of Cass(cheers Cass)) , one that doesn't slip so I'm happy out. (I was afraid to put any weight on it at the start cause the screw only went in like an inch so I thought they might rip out, leaving my gun falling to the floor. Hasn't happened yet though so I'm Fairly confident now )

Thanks for all the help lads,
    RS

Advertisement