Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Trip Thread or Section?

Options
  • 04-03-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

i recently had a post ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057669648 ) in relation to a trip away to Spain golfing that i had last December.
    I'm hoping to go play a few courses up the north west of Ireland later this year and I was thinking wouldn't it be great to share views on courses, places to stay, good pubs/food, etc.. amongst ourselves. I've never been up that way golfing and it would be great to get steered in the right direction and vice versa if i can offer info or views to anyone else I would do so. Maybe have an Ireland section & a europe section (maybe even RoW).
    It's just a thought see what people think.

I'm hoping there will be either 6 or 8 of us heading up to the Donegal/Sligo/Mayo area and my initial thoughts were that i've heard Carne is really good, Enniscrone, Ballyliffin, etc... Would love to hear of any hidden gems, advice on maybe not doing too much travelling if course were close by or if it's worth the extra travelling for a great course, where to base ourselves, etc.... the list goes on but wouldn't it be great to share all this with each other. I've played & stayed lots of places so would gladly give my info to any queries on places I know.

What do you guys think.

Thanks for reading my waffling :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭swededmonkey

If you're going to Donegal, do not bypass murvagh (just outside Donegal town). Very often overlooked when discussing Donegal links and a belter of a course, with scenery to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Heading up in September, as it stands looking at playing Strandhill, Rosses Point, Enniscrone & Donegal (Murvagh). Any last minute suggestions? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Woodgate wrote: »
    Heading up in September, as it stands looking at playing Strandhill, Rosses Point, Enniscrone & Donegal (Murvagh). Any last minute suggestions? Thanks

Drop Stranhill for Carne, Bit of a Drive but absolutely worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Strandhill's not bad but Carne is better. It's a loooooooooong drive though! Definitely agree with previous poster re: Murvagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Ronney wrote:
    Drop Stranhill for Carne, Bit of a Drive but absolutely worth it

I'd drop rosses point before strandhill personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

There is a 4 day classic in September, plays 3 good courses and 1 sub par, but it's a cheap way to play 3 great courses for €130
    http://www.westcoastchallenge.info

Advertisement