Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Spring/Summer 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

pad199207 wrote: »
    yeah they are from video, dunno howto post up video

The easiest way would be to upload it to https://streamable.com/
    No account necessary.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice Sat Pic of the convection this Evening.

ejrIKbK.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

round 2 starting now,getting darker by minute, can hear the thunder in distance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

More thunder heard in Naas

Video from earlier

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/zw1z5/uybthj&quot; frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

After 3 torrential showers, we finally get some thunder and lightening, north meath

My god more lightning here now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ye will have to bookmark this for a few years guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Biblical showers all day in Athlone, but no booms :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

pad199207 wrote: »
    Video from earlier

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/zw1z5/uybthj&quot; frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

Direct link - https://streamable.com/s/zw1z5/uybthj

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Another rumble of thunder here in Dublin 16.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Flash n rumble, Stillorgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

2v3q6pg.png

Heard this strike from Howth in D7 @ approx 21:05

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=sat;r=0;t=3;s=0;o=0;y=53.4715;x=-5.7207;z=10;b=;n=0;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Heavy rain starting now.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Heavy rain in Dublin 5 but haven't heard anything since earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

France is getting quite a hammering now!

Few more from earlier

fw6luq.png

23l1ppk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Parts of southern England are getting plenty of action now. It's still the same case for France. I'm sure southern England will see more action as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nothing in West Clare yet again sadly :(

Looks like ye enjoyed it anyway!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

no thunder or lightning here today, there rarely ever is.

some very heavy showers tho.

Another one from yesterday

2m47p82.png

• Advertisement

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d4DsEicGhbc&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Use the youtube tags,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

PccWFsW.png

Day 2 Convective Outlook
    VALID 06:00 UTC Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 05:59 UTC Mon 12 Jun 2017

ISSUED 17:08 UTC Sat 10 Jun 2017

ISSUED BY: Dan

Scattered showers, some perhaps weakly-electrified, will affect many parts of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland on Sunday as an upper trough migrates NE-wards accompanied by steepening mid-level lapse rates. Some small hail and gusty winds will be possible with the strongest cells.

A few showers are possible farther south where instability will be weaker but DLS stronger - forecast profiles are generally much drier aloft and hence capped, and so while heavy showers may develop they will largely remain too shallow for lightning activity. That said, strong DLS may allow for some supercell-like structures capable of producing gusty winds.

Would think the North of Ireland for the most chance of some lightning activity or possibly just offshore from cloud formed over land and carried by the wind out to sea.

tempresult_rdh5.gif

oiE6hZ0.png

v5rlY6i.png

UwAMCKn.png

vffIzUI.png

Troughs passing over the country on Sunday producing blustery showers.

Rnt2mWl.png

Kl2KOg1.gif

Strike showing up from Nass, Pad mentioned a squall going through.

v9F7cLC.jpg?1

Some big rain moving across Donegal as well. Convective charts look better now for lightning, more so the Northern half of the country I would think. Shear has greatly increased since earlier charts for the whole of Ireland but the best lapse rates are in the Northern counties.

o2kODey.png?1

dlmIhxb.png

S3S0Z3m.png

IRVlRoV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I was flying down the east coast this afternoon and heard Ryanair on frequency diverting due to weather. Looked out to my east and saw a big line of CBs. Might be a few sparks

I was flying down the east coast this afternoon and heard Ryanair on frequency diverting due to weather. Looked out to my east and saw a big line of CBs. Might be a few sparks

Yeah could see some big CB clouds out off the east coast of dublin today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Surely you mean deviating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Surely you mean deviating!

Yep, that's the one I meant!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement