Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Spring/Summer 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Danno wrote: »
    MidMan25 wrote: »
    Complete non event In East Cork so far. Not so much as a drop of rain or flash of lightning!

Geez lad, I can see the Dungarvan storm from here in Laois! You're right to the west of it!!!

Even went down to the coast to try and widen my view. Nada!

Progress report, went up a steep hill nearby where you can see as far as the mountains on the Tipperary Waterford border. Caught quite a few flashes but at that distance and with no thunder it's not that impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I am just hoping for rain in Arklow at this stage but it seems to be moving west :mad: Not going as predicted for east coast i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Great light show here in Portsmouth

www.camsecure.co.uk/portsmouth_harbour_webcam.html

Link needs the http:// prefix to work on touch site.

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/portsmouth_harbour_webcam.html

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What beach?

Knockane, opposite Dunbrattin and Boatstrand. Thought it was the waves until the fork lightening had me kids (and me:o)running for cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Just stuck my head out the door and some really great lightening flashes over South Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 tarmac100

Big fork lightning out the back of house (looking south) just a minute ago...things could be kicking off. Just outside KK City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I am just hoping for rain in Arklow at this stage but it seems to be moving west :mad: Not going as predicted for east coast i guess?

Might still be something overnight as the front moves north. Storms look fairly weak and scattered all round at the moment though so I wouldn't be staying up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

jaffa20 wrote: »

Patience,I'm also in Arklow and can see some of the flashes to the south around Kilkenny , the instability is advancing
    There's a lot of activity in the Celtic sea yet to move north,I'm attaching a screenshot
    There may be activity up this way overnight
    Tomorrow morning may also have something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Some loud thunder lightening and heavy rain here now. Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Can I just ask folks down south, is it thundery showers or actual thunderstorms?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

All quiet again here in West Clare, rained a little.

Temp currently 19.0c, dropped a little a while ago but back up again. Humidity 87%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Can I just ask folks down south, is it thundery showers or actual thunderstorms?

Thunderstorms here rain on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Had a good 20mins of lightning followed by thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Pretty much all quiet here in Waterford now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Like Halloween earlier with all the flashing of lightening and the heavens opened. Think we might be in the eye of the storm outside at the moment as not a leaf blowing on the trees. Me thinks it will be 4 in the bed later with the sprogs running in for cover......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Gerry murphy on radio one just now, tonight, west munster, connaught, and ulster in the firing line over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Burger7A

Definitely an actual thunderstorm to the west of Cork City earlier. All quiet at the moment though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Stars and moonlight in noeth cork. Not a puff of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Gerry murphy on radio one just now, tonight, west munster, connaught, and ulster in the firing line over night.

Good man Gerry. Curtains staying open tonight! Muggy here in Cavan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Offaly here and can see the lightning across the slieve blooms towards laois flashes every minute or two... No rain yet still clear sky...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭pad199207

Bust

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Not much hope in the midlands so. Can I plug everything back in?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Looks like a night of watching the windows for me for once, haven't had lightning like this in years upon years, I was a child the last time I remember a storm like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

Where I am in blanchardstown looked out and there are very few clouds in the sky at the moment. Very humid though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

I drive down to Kilmore quay and wait nearly 2 hours and nothing.
    Get home to nw Wexford and it's now sparking away to the west of me putting on a good show.
    Don't leave home folks.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Wow! Bright blue flashes directly south of Castlebar now

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

A rumble of thunder in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

thomasj wrote: »
    Where I am in blanchardstown looked out and there are very few clouds in the sky at the moment. Very humid though !

Humid is good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,882 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Stars and moonlight in noeth cork. Not a puff of wind.

Yeah I'm reading this thread and looking out the window and I've never seen it so still.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement