Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun club kildare

Options
  • 05-03-2017 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Well folks I'm looking to join a gun club around kildare town area. I'm with one club in the area but you can only hunt on Sunday and they don't release any birds. Although I've heard talk of getting birds next year but I believe that's the talk every year. I only started shooting last year so don't really no any lads that could help. I only met 2 lads out all season. I tried joining 2 other clubs last summer, one wasn't taking new members and the other never bothered getting back to me. So I understand how some clubs operate as regards new members but if I could at least get a number and try get my name in before agm. All I can do is ask. If you can help then please pm me. I dont want names and numbers posted here for anyone to see.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Why don't you contact members of your club and see if anybody is interested in doing more things like releasing birds and shooting vermin, improve what you have,

Some lads will be interested others just want to turn up and shoot,

• Registered Users Posts: 13 marleypoint

ronn wrote: »
    Why don't you contact members of your club and see if anybody is interested in doing more things like releasing birds and shooting vermin, improve what you have,

If I new them I would contact them. As I said I only met 2 lads out all season. It is something il be mentioning at the agm and hopefully meet afew of the lads there also.

ronn wrote: »

I agree 100%. I don't plan on leaving the club. I'd just like the option of shooting Saturday also and having birds to shoot at. I've a young dog with a great nose that needs lots of birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭skipking

i am in a club in south kildare and it is the same shooting sunday only.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭skipking

pm sent

• Advertisement

skipking wrote: »
    pm sent

No pm received yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

skipking wrote: »
    i am in a club in south kildare and it is the same shooting sunday only.

That rule was in a club I was a member of also.
    It originated from members being concerned with members who had plenty of fee time being out every day.

When it was pointed out at an AGM that it was unfair to shift workers & others who had to work on a Sunday it was agreed that it needed to change.

They agreed that a member could shoot vermin 7 days a week but only shoot game one day a week.

It worked well & everybody was happy - all down to trust but the conscientious members will abide by the rules and those who don't abide - then it doesn't matter what rules you have - they will break them anyway.

J.R. wrote: »
    That rule was in a club I was a member of also.
    It originated from members being concerned with members who had plenty of fee time being out every day.

When it was pointed out at an AGM that it was unfair to shift workers & others who had to work on a Sunday it was agreed that it needed to change.

They agreed that a member could shoot vermin 7 days a week but only shoot game one day a week.

It worked well & everybody was happy - all down to trust but the conscientious members will abide by the rules and those who don't abide - then it doesn't matter what rules you have - they will break them anyway.

If the club released birds then I'd be happy with just shooting on Sundays. But as it stands at the moment I can't see the club releasing birds from what I've heard. In time as I meet other members I hope to change that. I spent to many Sundays last season setting out at 8am and home at 3pm only to see 1 or 2 birds. This is my main reason for wanting to join another club. Shooting Saturday would be a bonus.

Advertisement