Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6S Plus: Broken Headphone Jack - No Sound

Options
  • 05-03-2017 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a 6S Plus, bought direct from Apple. When I was away in Thailand last August the humidity was very high - the air in our room was quite damp. The moisture in the air broke the headphone jack, there's absolutely no sound. The phone never left the room.

I brought the phone into CompuB and they said they would test it (€39) to see if they could fix it. They rang me on Friday and confirmed the fault, said they couldn't fix it and that it would need to be sent to Apple for a whopper €350 cost.

I don't have Apple care. It was bought in 2016 - unfortunately not by me.

I told CompuB I'd collect the broken phone. Does €350 sound right? Seems extortionately high.

If I were to subscribe to Apple Care would that help in anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It's expensive but I'd say it's what it would cost them to repair it.

As a workaround, you can use the lightning headphones that come with the 7, and Apple sell them separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sheepy01

They just gave you the retail flat rate to "fix everything". They will send it to Apple, they will replace only the part and will also delete your data

The reason they will give you is that the headphone jack is soldered to the motherboard and bla bla bla...

Take it to an independent repair shop, should be around 50e

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Would you buy a set of bluetooth headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cheers for all the replies. I was going to fix it and sell it on as I use a 6S as my daily driver.

Wondering whether I fix it and sell it on or sell it as is.

Advertisement