Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc 1070

Options
  • 05-03-2017 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello i have a tricky one for you. I installed smoke detectors in my house (5) hard wired 230v. Then I installed my alarm. Is there any way i can hook in my detectors to the alarm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Have your smoke detectors got an interlink function and is it a signal or is it an electrical phase?

If it is an electrical phase, a relay can be fitted to connect it to your alarm panel.

If it is an interlink function, hopefully the manufacturer has a device for onward signalling.
    If not then the answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gartz213

So when i wired the heads, there was an extra core for interlink i think. I never connected them because in a false alarm they would all go off. So if i connected them then that core goes to a relay is it???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

It all depends on what is sent down that core from the activated detector. If power then yes a relay will do the trick but if it is some sort of a pulse or electronic whisper then it is not compatible with a standard relay.

Hence my query about the manufacturer, do they have a specific relay module for acting on that signal.

What is the make and model of these detectors?

Also you should have interconnected them, you must have a fair sized home if you have 5 detectors, if doors are closed and your family are sound asleep, and if there is an actual incident are you happy that a detector activating far away from your bedrooms will be heard?

If these are a nuisance with regard to false activations then the positioning of them may need to be reviewed.

Advertisement