Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adopted from sacred heart home blackrock cork 1974

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi,
    Do not presume just because someone was born in Dublin and agency in Dublin that they were adopted in Dublin. I was born in Cork in Bessboro and adopted to Dublin. From research i have done babies were sent all over the country for adoption.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gomez2017

kathy finn wrote: »
    Hi,
    Do not presume just because someone was born in Dublin and agency in Dublin that they were adopted in Dublin. I was born in Cork in Bessboro and adopted to Dublin. From research i have done babies were sent all over the country for adoption.

Hi Kathy Finn
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry my post was unclear and I do agree with you from reading other posts. Just from my own process of elimination I have concluded in same area Donegal.. As from 3 birth Certs I have found only one was adopted within 6 months of birth in same area . Other two were at age 5 and 14 in different areas around country .. It actually didn't dawn on me until read further posts after I wrote my posts that babies were fostered and adopted at later time. I was full certain that I was lucky to find as hospital coincided with area on adoption cert..
    I'm still waiting on confirmation from agency just very slow process in comparison to my own tracing with GRO.
    Also from my own research if in fact child was looking for birth mother there was no information given on birth cert only name. No address or babies name.. That part struck a cord as I was told baby was given a name and home address was used but wasn't on cert.

I was pointed in direction of St muras adoption agency in Donegal from adoption authority in ballsbridge . I do not know if that was original agency or if files were transferred to them. Has anyone had any experience of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

When Dh started trace for his bmum he wrote to the agency attached to St Pats M&B home in Dublin, assuming he was born there. His adoptive parents had collected him there and also assumed he was born there. However they wrote back quickly and directed him to tusla office in west of Ireland. He had in fact been born in west and transferred to the M&B home and then adopted back to the west. So you could well be on the right track.

Ghekko wrote: »
    When Dh started trace for his bmum he wrote to the agency attached to St Pats M&B home in Dublin, assuming he was born there. His adoptive parents had collected him there and also assumed he was born there. However they wrote back quickly and directed him to tusla office in west of Ireland. He had in fact been born in west and transferred to the M&B home and then adopted back to the west. So you could well be on the right track.

Hi Ghekko,
    Thanks for reply
    From your DH experience did he have trouble getting replies from agency? Or do you know time frames?
    Just from own experience thus far have not replied to emails regarding General enquiries of what they need me to send never mind nitty gritty enquiries..
    I've sent emails, left phone messages and sent by regular post and zero reply from agency.
    Is it all supposed to be by registered post??
    As I've said I've only asked for their information they need from me regarding search I haven't even touched base with them to give names dates ect because they have not replied.
    Now I do understand they maybe very busy with things in news at present but didn't think be problem for them to just write letter or email back saying I need to send this this and this.. I've heard nothing.. Little frustrated 😕

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Dh started his search in April 2014. At that stage he registered on the contact preference register and also wrote to the adoption agency asking for information. The contact preference register was of no use as the other side hadn't registered. However the agency replied quickly, giving non identifying info - his original first name, his birth parents first names, their ages and area they came from. With that info I was able to trace her as it turned out she wasn't too far away from where he was brought up. The agency he dealt with (tusla) were fantastic. He did have a year wait to meet with them in order for them to actually start looking for his bm, but by that first meeting I had found her.

I sent any mail by registered post initially so I could track it. With the first letter I sent a copy of Dh's passport for id purposes and specifically requested to initiate a trace. I sent a few emails while he was waiting to be called for a meeting and all were answered promptly. Then again it wasn't as busy as other offices around the country. It's very frustrating that your agency are not replying to you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- it would be better if you didn't identify people- even by their initials.
    Please consult the forum's charter- and be guided by it.

Guys- it would be better if you didn't identify people- even by their initials.
    Please consult the forum's charter- and be guided by it.

Can't see any names/initials - am I missing some posts?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gander1973

Dear Kathy
    Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you are the same K.Finn who often researches at the General Records Office. If so, I was hoping to ask your advice on a search I am trying to do.
    Sincere thanks,
    Alexander

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Yes one and the same Kathy Finn

• Advertisement
Advertisement