Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Terry Prone finished in Irish media?

• 05-03-2017 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

2014 letter to Saskia Weber (who was making a documentary about Tuam suspicions)
    Terry Prone
    Bon Secours

Your letter was sent on to me by the Provincial of the Irish Bon Secours congregation with instructions that I should help you. I’m not sure how I can.

Let me explain. When the “O My God – mass grave in West of Ireland” broke in an English-owned paper (the Mail) it surprised the hell out of everybody, not least the Sisters of Bon Secours in Ireland, none of whom had ever worked in Tuam and most of whom had never heard of it.

If you come here, you’ll find no mass grave, no evidence that children were ever so buried, and a local police force casting their eyes to heaven and saying “Yeah, a few bones were found – but this was an area where Famine victims were buried. So?”

Several international TV stations have aborted their plans to make documentaries, because essentially all that can be said is “Ireland in the first half of the twentieth century was a moralistic, inward-looking, anti-feminist country of exagerrated religiousity.”Which most of us knew already.The overwhelming majority of the surviving Sisters of Bon Secours in Ireland are over eighty. The handful (literally) still in active ministry are in their seventies. None of them is an historian or sociologist or theologian and so wouldn’t have the competence to be good on your programme.

If you’d like me to point you at a few reputable historians who might be good, I’ll certainly do that.

Terry Prone (Ms)
    Chairman
    The Communications Clinic

Or was she just doing her job?

I imagine this being Ireland she'll brazen it out and she'll be invited to pundit away after a quite spell on the sidelines.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭flutered

she has too many connections, hubby is/was chairman of rte, the son is in broadcasting also, saying that her answer is very dismissive, but doing her job sums it up, the french news guy should ask for an update, now that answer would make some reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Tuam babies will quieten down after a few weeks. She'll get a soft one on one interview with Marian Finucane where she'll drag up some stuff about "working mother, working woman in a sexist occupation, balancing children and work" etc etc. This will be followed up with a 5 page spread on her in the Sindo Life magazine a week later. Rehab is then over.

She has dirt on an extraordinary amount of people in power in this country. She has worked for the big political parties and guided the most powerful politicians for decades. Her husband knows where all the skeletons are hidden away in RTE, so she's going nowhere fast.

She'll ensure that the company name isn't tarnished so that her son can suck off the teat of the Irish establishment for another half century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

She seriously needs to be taken to task on this matter after her statement on the matter some time back. Basically, she was calling the people who highlighted it, liars.
    Typical attitude from a person who has been swamped in the establishment most of her life.
    Any inquiry must ask her some stiff questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cgeaney

Her column in today's Irish Examiner is about ant-Semitism. She seems to have very little understanding of what she has done wrong. I presume she thinks will all be forgotten in a week. I can't understand how the editor in the Examiner didn't so something. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Red Kev wrote: »
    Her husband knows where all the skeletons are hidden away in RTE,

Woah! Too soon, man :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oh and she's back on the radio right now. Wonder if I send in a text message would they read it out?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

We await for any media outlet to highlight her attitude on the Tuam babies scandal. So far she has been completely left off the hook.:mad:

Advertisement