Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive difference in quotes

Options
  • 05-03-2017 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Am looking at renewing my car insurance on a 08 D Toyota Prius. 6years+ no claims bonus, no penalty points.
    There's a huge €250 difference between the cheapest quotes (FBD or Liberty) and the others, on the surface they seem to be similar. But could I be missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Penalty points,even 3 for phone use, is up to 33% loading with liberty

Fire & Theft claims also have excess and possible loss of all your no claim bonus

Normally the super cheap rates have you paying more for all the simple things in motoring life.

If you have to pay excess, lose NCB and-or have an automatic claims loading for
    -Windscreen / Fire / Theft & Attenpted theft or for a 1st time 3PP then your leaving yourself open to major eye-opener during the year ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Thanks for the info

That's what I'm worried about, not about penalty points but about an accident and not having the sort of cover I have now.

But 727 vs 484 is hard to stomach

Advertisement