Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Service for Leaf

• 05-03-2017 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

Just wondering do ye take the Leaf to the dealer for a service or your local mechanic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

According to Nissan Ireland

Q: In case of a problem, can a qualified mechanic fix a Nissan LEAF? Is special training needed?
    The Nissan LEAF has an electric motor and no fuel engine, so it will require service at your local
    LEAF certified Nissan EV dealership by a qualified, trained EV technician.

http://home.nissan.ie/downloads/NissanLEAFFAQsV2.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Well it's not really much of a service... just an annual inspection and every 2nd year the brake fluid and pollen filter. €100-€130 respectively.

Generally it's done with the Nissan dealer as there's a full powertrain warranty for 8 years (30kWh) or 5 years (24kWh) that requires an inspection every year or 30,000km. Once the warranty is finished just get your local garage to do the brake fluid every 2 years and don't bother with the rest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mordeith wrote: »
    Just wondering do ye take the Leaf to the dealer for a service or your local mechanic?

If under warranty then yes.
    Even out of warrant a yearly service costs €99. I will do brakes, pads etc but yearly services for €99 it's worth your while letting Nissan do the scheduled requirements. Actually I think it's cheaper than €99.

I have mine booked in this month up in Hutton & Meade and for €140 I'm getting the second inspection/service, pollen filter and brake fluid changed.

They didn't replace my brake fluid after 2 years and 60,000 odd Kms.

And they try get me to come back every 15,000 Kms ! :D

• Advertisement

They didn't replace my brake fluid after 2 years and 60,000 odd Kms.
    And they try get me to come back every 15,000 Kms ! :D

Inspection every year or 30,000km, whatever comes first. Then every second inspection, change the pollen filter and brake fluid. Think every 4th inspection then changes the coolant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Thanks for replies. NCT due so will use dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,827 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kceire wrote: »
    I will do brakes, pads et

No, you won't :p

Saw an NCT vid of a Tesla Model S with 400k km on it. The original brake discs were about half worn. I guess it needs pads every 200k km or so :D

unkel wrote: »
    No, you won't :p

Saw an NCT vid of a Tesla Model S with 400k km on it. The original brake discs were about half worn. I guess it needs pads every 200k km or so :D

When I say I will do them, I mean I will get them done outside of the main dealer network and by a local Indy. Probably Larkin Automotive in Finglas.

I will of course be present and will hold the fort by drinking tea and watching from a distance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭oinkely

kceire wrote: »
    When I say I will do them, I mean I will get them done outside of the main dealer network and by a local Indy. Probably Larkin Automotive in Finglas.

I will of course be present and will hold the fort by drinking tea and watching from a distance :)

I think he was implying that they wont need to be replaced for a very very long time

• Advertisement

oinkely wrote: »
    I think he was implying that they wont need to be replaced for a very very long time

Car has 37k miles.
    I think thebpads need doing as the discs are badly corroded and the contact patch on the discs sit in an inch each side.

I'm getting them checked shortly.

Advertisement