Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green effect in video files

Options
  • 05-03-2017 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I'm currently working on a project which requires video content and purchased a Panasonic camcorder to record the videos. On my final day, it was pouring rain as I was recording something strange happened the very last video file. It was as if all white light was changed to green, rendering it unsuitable for my work. As it seems to be a technical error with the file, I'm wondering is there any way I could change it back to normal using some settings or a video converter of some sort? I'm currently using CyberLink PowerDirector 15 to edit the videos.

Hoping somebody out there has an answer for this as I really need this particular clip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Can you post a frame grab for us? Will make it easier to diagnose.

maxresdefault.jpg

If it looks like that its a corrupt file/playback issue.

If its more just a green tint then you could have had some sort of WB issue as the sun set maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 S12WRC

Thanks for the reply. Seen below is a screenshot from the file in question. Note how it appears that any reflection of light has turned green while the red plastic material has retained it colour almost perfectly..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Moved from Photography as you may get more responses in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

S12WRC wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Seen below is a screenshot from the file in question. Note how it appears that any reflection of light has turned green while the red plastic material has retained it colour almost perfectly..

Transcode it with FFMPEG(Or Handbrake), it may do a better job of parsing the corrupt frames than your player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 S12WRC

Ok I downloaded and installed Handbrake and encoded the video, whats next? Again ED E, thanks so much for the help I really appreciate this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

you mention that it was raining? did water get into the cam?

I once had a camera with a bad sensor and that displayed green in some areas of the footage.

Does the colour only show in Power Director? have you tried looking at the footage on the camcorders own playback or on another computer, might be a codec problem.

anyway just a few thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

S12WRC wrote: »
    Hi, I'm currently working on a project which requires video content and purchased a Panasonic camcorder to record the videos. On my final day, it was pouring rain as I was recording something strange happened the very last video file. It was as if all white light was changed to green, rendering it unsuitable for my work. As it seems to be a technical error with the file, I'm wondering is there any way I could change it back to normal using some settings or a video converter of some sort? I'm currently using CyberLink PowerDirector 15 to edit the videos.

Hoping somebody out there has an answer for this as I really need this particular clip.

Is it only a green tint? Is the rest of the colours ok? If so try putting a red tint on it. Red is its opposite colour so it might correct it.

Advertisement