Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom siemens 7010

• 05-03-2017 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

I have an Eircom Siemens cordless phone from a few years ago and the batteries have run out.
    I opened up the phone expecting to see rechargeable batteries.
    I found 2 AAA Industrial by Duracell Alkaline batteries which aren't even meant for recharging. It says on the batteries do not recharge.
    The phone was running ok on these batteries until now so thats about 9 years.
    What kind of batteries should I get to replace them?
    I can't find a manual for the phone online.
    It didn't come with any kind of manual afaik.
    Also Siemens on their website don't even support any vordless phones anymore.
    I'd like to be able to get the phone working again.
    It had decent sound quality and I've heard some of the new cordless phones have junk sound quality.
    These phones were given out by Eircom around 2007 I think.
    I've long since switched to a different network.
    Eircom don't provide support on them now either anyway.
    I hope someone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Somebody put new and incorrect batteries in it between when you received it and now. They shipped with NiMh cells.

I'd recommend these but any NiMh cell would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I actually found some rechargeable Energizer AAA Nimh batteries yesterday and recharged them last night.
    I put them into the phone today after reading your post and it now works.
    I was just concerned that they might not be the right kind of rechargeable batteries but it's working now so I think that fixed the problem.
    Thank you for helping me and putting my worries to rest.

Advertisement