Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SERC 3 Peaks (02 April)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Any other feedback on this? Is there a feed-station somewhere along the way?

Thinking of doing it next Sunday and the long-range forecast isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Neleven

Any other feedback on this? Is there a feed-station somewhere along the way?

Thinking of doing it next Sunday and the long-range forecast isn't bad.

There was a basic stop (bananas and tea) after the descent of Slieve Mann last year and food at the end.
    Don't really have the miles done this year yet to enjoy this this year. Maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....Is there a feed-station somewhere along the way?...
    I doubt that you'll need one considering that you did a hillclimb TT, the Sally Gap and the Wicklow Gap on a small scone yesterday!

Great sportif today. Perfect weather (except for the southerly breeze), testing route (especially the third peak!) and good organisation and food (really liked the homemade lemon cake).

Excellent value too at €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... and good organisation and food...
    No soup or sandwiches left when I got back at 2.30 (and there were lots left to come in yet). :(

Otherwise an enjoyable day, especially since I paced myself well and didn't try to hold your wheel!

• Advertisement

Ouch! Not so good then. We did well about 2.10 with soup, sandwiches and cake. I noticed nearly everyone was registering on the day so they may have underestimated the numbers. They still had four hours or so to at least make some more sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

No soup or sandwiches left when I got back at 2.30 (and there were lots left to come in yet). :(

Otherwise an enjoyable day, especially since I paced myself well and didn't try to hold your wheel!

I met you just as you were starting up the one before Slive Maan, was just thinking it was strange not to have seen a single boards jersey in the stream of riders we met then I recognised you, but was gone by before I could give a shout out.

The lads at the pointy end were giving it socks into Slieve Maan, would say it split up a bit when they hit it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Beauty of a day for it, but tough one for me - forgot my cycling shoes so had to do it in my runners on SPD pedals. Feet were sore, so took the supposed easier 70km route from Glenmalure - 45 km later, we made it back (95km total), so should have just done the 100km route as there was much more downhill on it!

Route was well marked, lots of marshals and great spread afterwards. Recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Great event yesterday- there must not have been a bicycle left in a garage in wicklow yesterday , every road had multiple groups! Super weather too

Advertisement