Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH availability

Options
  • 05-03-2017 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

Dunshaughlin exchange seems to be live for FTTH. I have tried my number and it actually fails while all my neighbour lines passe. To decribe my situation in simple terms, I can see the fibre on the poles from my window. I am ready to switch to Eir the minute I can get confirmation that my line passes.

Thanks for you help, sending this message on a 1.5mbps :o

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 p15353

Hi Eir

I am in very same situation with cable contractors telling me fibre was now cabled on my road

How can  find out when available as I don't want to buy into an 18 month contract with another provider unless necessary and knowing when I can get fibre will help me decide if necessary

Thanks

Declan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

p15353 wrote: »
    Hi Eir

I am in very same situation with cable contractors telling me fibre was now cabled on my road

How can  find out when available as I don't want to buy into an 18 month contract with another provider unless necessary and knowing when I can get fibre will help me decide if necessary

Thanks

Declan
    Hi p15353,

I've replied to your other post on the other thread.

-Pamela 

marcel353 wrote: »
    Hi,

Dunshaughlin exchange seems to be live for FTTH. I have tried my number and it actually fails while all my neighbour lines passe. To decribe my situation in simple terms, I can see the fibre on the poles from my window. I am ready to switch to Eir the minute I can get confirmation that my line passes.

M
    Hi marcel353,

Can you PM me your name, number and eir code and I'll check this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭marcel353

Hi,

M
    Hi marcel353,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thanks Pamela, I sent you a PM, however it does not appear in my sent messages, could you maybe confirm that you received it, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭marcel353

Hi,

M
    Hi marcel353,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Any news on the request?

Many thanks,

Marc

• Advertisement

Hi,

M
    Hi marcel353,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Any news on the request?

Many thanks,

Marc
    I'm currently going through my PM  marcel353. I'll be back to you as soon as I get to yours.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi,

M
    Hi marcel353,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Any news on the request?

Many thanks,

Marc
    I'm currently going through my PM  marcel353. I'll be back to you as soon as I get to yours.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pbbuster

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Did you ever get the ftth?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm and eir customer and currently have my mobile with meteor, I was going to move to eirmobile in an bundle once my efibre was installed, now the installation has been pushed to the 15th of September and then I'm not even sure if it will go ahead, I have been told now that i will have to wait till then if I want to add a mobile to my package, jesus these people really aren't in the business of making money at all!! [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Pbbuster, 

I understand your frustration here and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

However, if there is a pending order on an account we would need for it to go active before we can place anymore live orders.

I'm afraid due to the nature of work requested not all installations are straightforward & a high level of work can be required. However, please feel free to get back in touch in the future and we can see if this date has been pushed forward for you. 

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Advertisement

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Pbbuster, 

I understand your frustration here and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

However, if there is a pending order on an account we would need for it to go active before we can place anymore live orders.

I'm afraid due to the nature of work requested not all installations are straightforward & a high level of work can be required. However, please feel free to get back in touch in the future and we can see if this date has been pushed forward for you. 

Thanks, 
    Anna.

I have just been onto Galway County Council, according to them there is no reason that a licence couldn't be granted in a few weeks! Someone is telling me lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Pbbuster, 

Unfortunately, I would be unable to advise on this as this not my area of expertise.

Thanks, 
    Anna.

Advertisement