Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application: Salary certificate -- advice please

Options
  • 05-03-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi all - 

I'm living overseas and my employer is unwilling to potentially receive a phone call from an Irish lender to confirm the details on the Salary Certificate (part of my mortgage application).

Is this a problem for the banks? Or something that can be worked around?

Many thanks,
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'd say that would be a pretty big problem alright. You might be able to work around it but I imagine an underwriter is eventually going to dig their heals in.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Richards1983

Thanks Sam -- have you had this experience yourself?
    Cheers for your insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks Sam -- have you had this experience yourself?
    Cheers for your insight.

Only with a long running saga of my bonus/commission needing to be phrased as one or the other for Ulster Bank (can't remember which), it would have made absolutely no odds to my employer to phrase it either way but we got into the battle of 'computer says no' on both sides.

Salary cert's weren't a problem otherwise but were one of the very first things asked for notwithstanding P60s and payslips and bank statements showing the wage payments.

Great -- thanks a lot, Sam. Really appreciate the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I have three mortgage applications. Banks (AIB and KBC) never called my employer to confirm. I guess when the figure on the salary cert matches with payslips, P60 and the bank statement then that give them enough comfort.

• Advertisement

Ah right -- thanks a lot for the insight, bbari.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

They never call. The salary certificate and stamp.of the company is enough.

I wouldn't have even bothered asking the employer and just ticked the box anyway

Thanks listermint, appreciate the insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Kbc made the call to my boss last year, he wasn't in and they never called back. There was no issue! Best of luck!

Thanks for that, Cathmandooo. I'd actually heard that they are the only bank who call. Good to hear that confirmed! Thanks again - Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bbari wrote: »
    I have three mortgage applications. Banks (AIB and KBC) never called my employer to confirm. I guess when the figure on the salary cert matches with payslips, P60 and the bank statement then that give them enough comfort.
    Kbc made the call to my boss last year, he wasn't in and they never called back. There was no issue! Best of luck!

I went through the process 2 years ago and KBC were the only bank to call my salaries department. That was even after getting the salary certs stamped.

Thanks for that, kceire. Seems they are the most rigourous, eh.

Advertisement