Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread

Options
  • 05-03-2017 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    Very new to this, not even sure if I'm the right forum but I want to do some research into protein bread, is it available already and is it something people into fitness/ training would eat?
    Any suggestions/ info would be great!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

You could bake your own with lots of extra gluten. Gluten is wheat protein. It gives bread a springiness when extra is added. Extra gluten bread would probably be pretty tasty.
    Seitan is a vegetarian meat substitute made from gluten, which is very high in protein. It's not eaten as bread though, and doesn't seem like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭turkeyboy1990

its the same ole marketing sh*t you come across these days just to eat extra protein, its become such an obsession lately just to grab your money..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

I'm into training (powerlifting) and have never eaten it and done plan to. As the above poster said it's just clever marketing. I don't see anything wrong with eating normal bread, everything in moderation is a good plane to start. If you're the type of person who will eat half a slice pan every day and your goal is fat loss then it might be worth your while look at some alternative, but if your having a few slices every day I don't see any problem when if fat loss is your goal. At the end of the day it just mainly comes down to calories in v calories out. Eating protein bread isn't going to make you fit

Advertisement