Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite area in Dublin...

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Drimnagh.
    Awesome community feel.
    At least from 1967-1999
    After that I don't know.

Awesome.. Great place to grow up and live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gotta say can't beat a nice day in Malahide castle , then a walk into the village for a pint and a yap.
    It's a great little town when the sun is out,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gotta say can't beat a nice day in Malahide castle , then a walk into the village for a pint and a yap.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

...presumably most of us live there or have lived there at some stage.

So as the antidote to the usual "Dublin's a kip" stuff, what area in our capital did or do you like?

Lived in Harold's Cross for a while in the 90s. Very nice area, always felt safe around there, walking distance to city centre and on the nitelink. Was near the canal end of it, around the corner from the Irish House - though can't say I was a regular, think they had an off licence out front. Sundays in Quinns. And a walk around Cathal Brugha Barracks to get to Rathmines for the shopping in the Swan Centre.

Passed through it recently and was a bit disappointed to see how much of it had changed.

No most of us haven't. Take it to the Dublin city thread.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

So good that you gotta say it twice?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nobody seemed to get the Bray joke on the first page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The N7 heading south.:pac:
    Edit: looks like its already been said multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The N7 heading south.:pac:
    Edit: looks like its already been said multiple times.

Yes, yes it has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

...presumably most of us live there or have lived there at some stage.

So as the antidote to the usual "Dublin's a kip" stuff, what area in our capital did or do you like?

Lived in Harold's Cross for a while in the 90s.  Very nice area, always felt safe around there, walking distance to city centre and on the nitelink.  Was near the canal end of it, around the corner from the Irish House - though can't say I was a regular, think they had an off licence out front.  Sundays in Quinns.  And a walk around Cathal Brugha Barracks to get to Rathmines for the shopping in the Swan Centre.  

Passed through it recently and was a bit disappointed to see how much of it had changed.

No most of us haven't. Take it to the Dublin city thread.
    Why'd you bother commenting then ffs. :'(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

el diablo wrote: »
    Why'd you bother commenting then ffs. :'(

To express my opinion that regional posts like this don't belong on AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dart to Killiney Station, walk back up the Vico Road, down Coliemore Road, into Dalkey, lunch at the Queens. DART home.

Absolutely fabulous. The views are stunning, and as for the gaffs out along those roads, well, they are stunning also.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Chapelizod. Doesn't feel so much like being in the concrete jungle there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Glasnevin. Has the botanical gardens and a graveyard home to our patriot dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Whilst the OP might have been wrong in saying that most people live or have lived in Dublin I think it's fair to say that most people in Ireland have been in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Ye can't bate hanging around with the dead.

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92957025

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Broombridge train station/kinalla road area/ratoath road....had great craic about there

Or failing that saint maaarrgets,riavermeeeade :pac:
    (this may be based on 1 person i lived with for a bit!)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Nobody seemed to get the Bray joke on the first page.
    Sure everyone already knows that Bray is a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

+1.If money wasn't an object I'd be buying somewhere in the square mile or so bordered by Withworth Rd on the south,Botanic Rd to the west,Botanic Ave to the north and Drumcondra Rd to the east.Lovely Edwardian Red brick houses,lots of decent pubs,Dalymount Park five minutes walk in one direction,Croke Park five minutes walk in the other direction,ten minutes walk to the city centre,great public transport,good schools and on the proper side of the Liffey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

With the Rents you have to pay in Dublin you would want to be mad to live there . so for that reason none of Dublin.

• Advertisement

With the Rents you have to pay in Dublin you would want to be mad to live there . so for that reason none of Dublin.

Most ridiculous thing I've read all day(so far). Large swathes of the Midlands have rock bottom rents,but f*ck all else going for them. Would you rather live there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Smoking area of Fibbers.

Botanic Gardens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Most ridiculous thing I've read all day(so far). Large swathes of the Midlands have rock bottom rents,but f*ck all else going for them. Would you rather live there?

Yes, because I hate people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Just Listening and Reading what Tenants are paying for a shoe boxes with Skyrocketing rents in Dublin no Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pure tashte

My favourite place to live was the Smithfield/Stoneybatter area; right beside town, lively enough, an abundance of great pubs, good cinema, and relatively cheap for the location (well, it was at the time anyway).

Sth. William Street and that general is probably one of nicer places to go for a stroll, get a coffee or a pint and lunch.

Hard to beat Kiliney on a sunny day.

Just Listening and Reading what Tenants are paying for a shoe boxes with Skyrocketing rents in Dublin no Thanks .

Well in fairness,most of the posts open with lines like 'if I won the lottery' or 'if money were no object' etc... It's beyond the realm of most to live up on the Hill of Howth,but we can all dream no?

The thread is not even about living in Dublin. It's about your favourite area of Dublin.

Your posts are so irrelevant sometimes it's scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

You need to read the thread title, or maybe start a new one like "reasons I don't want to live in Dublin"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Furry Glen, perhaps. Or out as far into Wicklow as you can get before you're in Wicklow :)

beans wrote: »
    Furry Glen, perhaps. Or out as far into Wicklow as you can get before you're in Wicklow :)

Yeah, I love Blessington. Technically Wicklow but it's like a hop from Dublin. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

the_syco wrote: »
    Smoking area of Fibbers.
    You just brought a whole heap of happy memories back into mind on a Friday when I just want out of this office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's your "favourite area in Dublin". Not "what area can you afford to rent in and would you like it".

I know some people find it difficult, but try and think laterally and creatively like some people have on this thread, naming pubs, smoking areas, streets etc.. and join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Not too far from Harold's Cross, used to walk there. Is the Barge still there?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Rathfarnham ,live here now, grew up in Churchtown but worked in Rathfarnham, beside the mountains, Marley Park , St Endas park, close to town

Advertisement