Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler PCB quick fix

Options
  • 05-03-2017 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I have a sh1te Baxi Solo boiler acting up, keeps hunting, the printed circuit board is shot because of dry solder or bad relay.

Is there a place in town where good at soldering, fixing PCB's in a reasonable time frame?

Sick of poking and bending the board in order to get it going, especially these cold nights!

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eddieham

if its just a dry joint, try compugeek in market cross or phone doctor on John st, both do component repair, as far as I know, so a dry joint shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Just for the records: phone doctor doesn't do repairs at all, that leaves compugeek or quinn computers for possible options. I was running around like mad, not a hope of getting a quick repair, it takes 1-2 days at least to get the board, relays, joints, etc. checked. In the end the landlord got the gas man out and he replace the board. 5 minute job and it's been running well since.

So if you plan on PCB repair, think well ahead as it won't be fixed in hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ye you can't work on a pcb unless you're rgi registered. You're breaking the law

Advertisement