Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can you take for tummy ache?

Options
  • 05-03-2017 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Woke last night with tummy ache - new to me. I think it was - sorry TMI - cos I was constipated! Ugh. It eased later when things moved as such (!) but remained tender for most of the morning. I took panadol but rather not take it. Is there anything else? In case it comes on me again..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Drink water. Porridge. Prunes. Peppermint tea.

TBH I don't think the panadol would help really.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

Hi 73trix,

I currently am having the same issue, plenty of water throughout the day, branflakes and having hot water and lemon every morning- getting some relieve from it.
    My sister suggested laxolase; our local chemist suggested this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Best thing I find is lots of water and regular exercise. Keeps everything moving, if you get me :D
    I do find raw veg will help me too, especially red peppers.
    I can't take paracetamol so I do as much avoidance of potential problems as I can. Bananas and white potato will slow me down and pasta, white or brown, so they are off the menu!
    I do have the odd alcohol free beer as its good for digestion... (and nice too :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Ok so I have a magic formula for this and it never fails.
    Get a cereal dispenser container in Tesco or Dealz.
    Fill with
    -100g bran flakes
    -200g wheat bran (Odiums) (27% fibre)
    -100g raw porridge oats
    -bag walnuts Lidl
    -bag hazelnuts Lidl
    -bag mixed raisins or fruit Lidl
    And give a good shake. That's about 10 bowls.
    Add chopped banana and milk (I use unsweetened almond) and have for brekkie or at night or whatever.
    You will not be constipated anymore. I think the wheat bran is the magic ingredient if you just wanted to sprinkle that on cereal either but I've also heard walnuts great source fibre.

Advertisement